Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Notre Dame board is worried about their offensive line vs A&M

16,778 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by LB12Diamond
AggieDub04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No. The data suggests there is an impact of a few points. I will work from what data has been shown. If you want to disprove it provide your own work.
He is Ass My Dude
halfastros81 said:

Meh. 630 pm kickoff. Direct sun not going to be much of a factor if any. Heat and humidity… perhaps a different story.

Yeah, not sure how long ND will be in the sun but even 30min will suck for South Benders.
LB12Diamond
AG
Gunny456 said:

Yep. In high school we played Midland-Lee one year in SA. Those guys were used to hot …. But not SA humidity hot. They spent the 2nd half eating salt pills and fighting cramps.
However they still won.

You should have said Permian.

Just kidding. Lee had some good teams as well.
LB12Diamond
AG
He is Ass My Dude said:

halfastros81 said:

Meh. 630 pm kickoff. Direct sun not going to be much of a factor if any. Heat and humidity… perhaps a different story.

Yeah, not sure how long ND will be in the sun but even 30min will suck for South Benders.

When the sun goes down, it's a dry heat!!

Oh wait
AWP 97
AG
My only thought is of proper hydration. I don't know what or how our trainers manage this but it seems like it would be easier to get players to hydrate more when they live in Texas and have to walk to class or go anywhere in the heat, then it would be to hydrate athletes who are living in more moderate temperatures. Good hydration should start days or weeks in advance. I don't know how much of a difference this will make but if the game is close, it may make just enough to give us a small advantage. That may be all we need in a pick 'em game.
well_endowed_ag
AggieDub04 said:

No. The data suggests there is an impact of a few points. I will work from what data has been shown. If you want to disprove it provide your own work.

The data shows there is a few points' difference in a small handful of games, with zero indication that it is attributable to temperature difference. Aren't you one of the communists that posts on F16? Why am I not surprised you think his data shows something it doesn't.
LB12Diamond
AG
You are insufferable.

You are making something complicated that has zero reason to make complicated. And you know that. And if you don't, not sure which is worse but they are both very immature.

First games are hard for both teams. No matter how in shape the players are they are still not acclimated to playing an entire game.

The heat/humidity change for their players will be a bonus for our team.

Being the home team, will be a bonus.

Both those are facts. If the teams are of equal caliber, those factors might be the reason we win.

Its that simple
well_endowed_ag
LB12Diamond said:

You are insufferable.

You are making something complicated that has zero reason to make complicated. And you know that. And if you don't, not sure which is worse but they are both very immature.

First games are hard for both teams. No matter how in shape the players are they are still not acclimated to playing an entire game.

Both those are facts. If the teams are of equal caliber, those factors might be the reason we win.

Its that simple

You've convinced me. We will win because it's hot down here.
AGpops1923
well_endowed_ag said:

LB12Diamond said:

You are insufferable.

Its that simple

Lmfao. See how easy that was? It's more fun when we play nice. lol
LB12Diamond
AG
That's not what I said at all. But I'm sure you are easily confused.

I wish I could convince you to not continually complicate things in life but I'm not holding my breath.
well_endowed_ag
LB12Diamond said:

That's not what I said at all. But I'm sure you are easily confused.

I wish I could convince you to not continually complicate things in life but I'm not holding my breath.

Yes, I get very easily confused. Thank you for all of your wisdom and guidance. I would be lost without you.
yell_on_6th st
AG
LSU

2016 Wisconsin - 16-14 Loss. LSU should've been a 4 point favorite so swing away from Tigers.

This game was played at Lambeau. Travelled to Green Bay that weekend to visit extended family and lots of sad corn dogs.
Ag1188
AG
NoahAg said:

What about OUR offensive line? Until I see otherwise I'm concerned about how they'll do against any defense.
I feel a tad bit more assured than vs Miami last year in retrospect, just because Elko will pull any defensive-backs tackling like complete garbage unlike our DC vs Miami. We should be able to win with an even an average OL, if our defense isn't awful as it won't be.
91AggieLawyer
AG
LB12Diamond said:

I cannot think of a time a Big 10 team played in the South recently in August against an SEC team and won. Theres a reason they don't schedule these games as best they can. They prefer to avoid this scenario.

As I already said, trying to act like it's not an advantage is silly. Not surprised you are the first to respond.

It also being NDs 1st game is key. That humidity will hit them even harder not having a couple of games to help them get acclimated to game speed and strength.

In 2021, ND (11-2) played at FSU (5-7) on 9/5 and won by 3. In 2016, they played at t.u. on 9/4 and lost by 3, but t.u. ended up with 5 wins and ND with 4 that year, so that might have been a wash.

Ohio St. hasn't ventured to the deep south/southwest in late August or first week of Sept. at least since 2000. Neither has Michigan. Nor Penn State. Nor Iowa.

Michigan St. lost at ASU in 2018. Both teams won 7 that year.

Wisconsin won at S. Florida in 2019, but was clearly the better team that year.
EVA3
AG
Say what you want about the heat being an advantage for us. But everyone said that in 2000. We played ND in South Bend and it was crazy hot (for South Bend). They were in better shape than we were and it showed. They whipped us good. FWIW, they were drinking pickle juice on the sidelines.
EllisCoAg
AG
Pickle Juice can be an equalizer, just ask old Cowboy fans
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
halfastros81
AG
I don't think anyone believes hot weather automatically wins games for teams more acclimated to it but it should be an advantage if the teams are reasonably well matched . A team not acclimated to it but with better depth also wouldn't normally be impacted as much .

I don't think it hurts but the advantage is less than home field . Both are as much psychological as physical imo.
Aggie Dad 26
well_endowed_ag said:

LB12Diamond said:

You are insufferable.

Its that simple

No one even said that
TxAg76
AG
well_endowed_ag said:

LB12Diamond said:

You are insufferable.

Its that simple

Seems pretty clear you've never been on the field, to where you yourself could have experienced these very real conditions and factors, of which you're absolutely clueless.

But I bet you're great at video game football, and probably fairly respectable in fantasy football.
Divining Rod
LB12Diamond said:

Thinking the heat and more specifically the humidity in August is not a benefit is a mistake. What's next, are you going to also state when Miami has to go play up in Buffalo in December, it does not help Buffalo?

Home field helps- weather doesn't. been watching 50 yrs and i know stuff
TxAg76
AG
Divining Rod said:

LB12Diamond said:

Thinking the heat and more specifically the humidity in August is not a benefit is a mistake. What's next, are you going to also state when Miami has to go play up in Buffalo in December, it does not help Buffalo?

Home field helps- weather doesn't. been watching 50 yrs and i know stuff

Weather matters.
Altitude also matters.
And even Saban says home field crowds can affect games
Zackdh9
AG
Stop fighting :'(
TexasAggie81
B-1 83 said:

And it's going to be hot down on that turf…..in Texas……in August…..

86 degrees is their high (twice) between now and September 2.
AggieDub04
AG
well_endowed_ag said:

AggieDub04 said:

The data shows there is a few points' difference in a small handful of games, with zero indication that it is attributable to temperature difference. Aren't you one of the communists that posts on F16? Why am I not surprised you think his data shows something it doesn't.
This tells me you are someone who does zero research and spouts off at the mouth with no data (as you continue to do on this thread).

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well endowed told me the temperature wouldn't have much of an effect. Cause South Bend is hot too lol

In general, the claim that temperature will impart a meaningful benefit to one team over another is not really supported. It's almost always a non-factor. I'm not saying it won't have any impact at all. I acknowledge it is about 20 degrees cooler in South Bend. But for the most part, the whole "such and such team isn't ready for the hot/cold/humidity that we live in" thing is fan fiction.

You seem to have a personal problem with me. I'm just sharing my opinions like everyone else. Are you ok?
Opinions are not data. I provided a small but relevant set of data. Do some research before saying things that are categorically false (referring the the attempted F16 slight).
GarryowenAg
AG
Perusing the ND board, they seem pretty confident in their ability to defeat us next week. They were specifically referencing our inexperienced OL and breaking in a new coaching staff. Guess we'll see what happens!
e=mc2
AG
aggiebird02 said:

well_endowed_ag said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

B-1 83 said:

Well endowed told me the temperature wouldn't have much of an effect. Cause South Bend is hot too lol

In general, the claim that temperature will impart a meaningful benefit to one team over another is not really supported. It's almost always a non-factor. I'm not saying it won't have any impact at all. I acknowledge it is about 20 degrees cooler in South Bend. But for the most part, the whole "such and such team isn't ready for the hot/cold/humidity that we live in" thing is fan fiction.

You seem to have a personal problem with me. I'm just sharing my opinions like everyone else. Are you ok?
Your posts (for the most part), are terrible. I have no personal problem with you, but your posts are often times not worth reading nor engaging back. You're also kind of a crybaby.

So now I'm blocking you…

Edit: Having said that, I'd also like to add that Aggie dad 26 is an even worse poster than you…
Hello 911. I'd like to report a double homicide.

USAF9705
Not to jump into an argument…

But it will be hot for both teams & no player, from either team, is taking all the snaps.
Both teams will have to go 2-deep.
So you have to ask yourself who do you think is better 2-deep.

As for the silliness about the south vs north.
These kids aren't from South Bend. The vast majority are from the south.
And I'm from the north, and spent my entire military career in the south. Texas, panhandle of Florida, New Mexico, etc… and it wasn't any hotter for me than it was for the southerners. In fact, of the 6 of us who finished Indoc (in Texas), 5 were from the north.

Anyways, both teams will need to hydrate, both teams will need to sub.
ND is deep on both sides of the ball, so I'm not worried about that.
Aggie Dad 26
USAF9705 said:

Not to jump into an argument…

But it will be hot for both teams & no player, from either team, is taking all the snaps.
Both teams will have to go 2-deep.
So you have to ask yourself who do you think is better 2-deep.

As for the silliness about the south vs north.
These kids aren't from South Bend. The vast majority are from the south.
And I'm from the north, and spent my entire military career in the south. Texas, panhandle of Florida, New Mexico, etc… and it wasn't any hotter for me than it was for the southerners. In fact, of the 6 of us who finished Indoc (in Texas), 5 were from the north.

Anyways, both teams will need to hydrate, both teams will need to sub.
ND is deep on both sides of the ball, so I'm not worried about that.

I'm looking for this game to be over so we never have to read your posts anymore
TX_Aggie37
AG
This has been one of the more impressive examples of a thread getting thrown off the rails that I've seen in a very long time. Well done, gents.
AggiePetro07
AG
I always hated it in HS when people would make fun of the C Hall students.

But...I always enjoyed when the C Hall students would fight each other. Great entertainment with apparently simple, but fantastically nuanced, insults that neither party could really enjoy as much as those watching.

This thread reminds me of the latter.
P.U.T.U
AG
We played Baytown Lee when they had Drew Tate (starting QB for Iowa St for a bit) on turf on a hot as heck day in high school. Dude was illusive as heck and that turf made it so much hotter. We had to rotate out the front 7 all game since the heat and chasing that guy down just wore us down. We practiced 100% outdoors on grass and just the change to turf during the heat of the day made a huge difference.

Try running around weighing 250-325 pounds all day when you are used to 85F being the max. Heat is a huge factor
wangus12
AG
According to this board, they're expecting their D to shut us down completely

https://www.irishenvy.com/threads/aug-31-texas-a-m.3051133/
ahpetty33
AG
They are giving snaps to a high 3/low 4 star true freshman at LT with the 1s. OLine is notoriously hard to project recruits out of high school, but regardless it is also known that it is very difficult to start as a true freshman in high-level college football. This has got to be a concern for them
Aggie_Nuke
AG
well_endowed_ag said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

B-1 83 said:

Meteorological Major Huh ?

The ONLY valid ANNUAL goal for ALL Aggie Sports is a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Gig'em !
FTAC '73
Emilio Fantastico
AG
That's because they think we are going to have the same craptastic Oline with the same old stale play calling.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.