Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Does Panhandle Slim still post?

13,463 Views | 129 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Potcake
IIIHorn
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Ben There,

An honor, Sir.
Nom de Plume
AG
I think everyone should post using their real name.

So glad to see Cecil and BG around. Feels like 2002!
TxAg76
AG
Page 3!

shiftyandquick
I miss panhandle slim. No one riled up the zoo like him after a loss. He was THE master.
Hehateme1
My favorite post of PHS was defending Coach Sherman ( I think ) after some disheartening game when our Ags ran out of time. I think I have this quote right "the nattering nabobs of negativity" as he referred to them. There were several references to posters either skittering or scurrying away when their comments were exposed to the light of day. "Skitter, skitter..... hahaha !! Still makes me laugh. Love his style or hate it, there was no question that he loved and supported our football team.
Buford T. Justice
AG
I never cared for Panhandle Slims posts and agree with you that there was a passive aggressive nature to his responses. He had just enough support from other TexAg posters that would eventually lead to him being justified and coddled.

Always dangling a little inside scoop to turn the tide of opinion.
Teslag
AG
Hehateme1 said:

My favorite post of PHS was defending Coach Sherman ( I think ) after some disheartening game when our Ags ran out of time. I think I have this quote right "the nattering nabobs of negativity" as he referred to them. There were several references to posters either skittering or scurrying away when their comments were exposed to the light of day. "Skitter, skitter..... hahaha !! Still makes me laugh. Love his style or hate it, there was no question that he loved and supported our football team.

I think he loved the team as long as it had a coach he approved of. He vanished after Sumlin was hired and never showed up to defend him like he did Sherman and others.
cecil77
AG
Quote:

"the nattering nabobs of negativity"

Lifted from Spiro Agnew
Agz_2003
AG
Ben There said:

Slim was not R.C. He lived in the Dallas area.. I have posted as Ben there but also posted my name also. As a one time Civic teacher, I have always believed that the founding fathers believed in the freedom of speech but also believed that you should OWN your comments. I don"t believe they ever intended for you to be able to say ANYTHING you want about another person without identifying yourself. Just my opinion. Ben there/R.C.
I think it would be awesome for TexAgs to have a Q&A thread with you - a civil discussion, of course!

And so happy you BTHO cancer. Gig 'em!
SinKiller
BoerneGator said:

Slim was an RC sycophant, first and foremost. When he was finally outed, he faded to Bolivia.
That mean Slim liked coaches that won?
cecil77
AG
No, just Coach Slocum.
IIIHorn
BoerneGator said:

Ben There said:

This not accurate in any way with regards to Orange or Slim. R.C.
Allow me to correct the record: (shoulda known better than to rely on a ten year old memory, but it's really not that important.

Slim's great grandfather was Lutcher Stark, former Chairman of the University of Texas Board of Regents during the '50's and 60's, who created The Stark Foundation in Orange in 1961. It was Lutcher's grandfather who made his fortune in the timber/lumber business in East Texas at the turn of the century. His (Slim's) mother wrote the book If The Devil Had A Wife, an intriguing account of the manipulations of Nelda Stark and the disinheritance of her father (Slim's grandfather) and his brother by Nelda via the creation of the Stark Foundation. Slim was a GA (graduate assistant) during your early years.

All of this was gleaned from a simple Google search. Perhaps your understanding is different?

Slim had a propensity to exaggerate, while pretending to be something he's clearly not.

I did a simple Google search of Boerne Gator deal maker and the first result was this:

https://www.toyotaofboerne.com/have-no-fear-the-dealmaker-is-here/

sleepybeagle
AG
RC!
BoerneGator
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

I never cared for Panhandle Slims posts and agree with you that there was a passive aggressive nature to his responses. He had just enough support from other TexAg posters that would eventually lead to him being justified and coddled.

Always dangling a little inside scoop to turn the tide of opinion.

Spot on analysis!

That said, every "public figger" needs their own Panhandle Slim on their side…
AggieDruggist89
AG
SinKiller said:

BoerneGator said:

Slim was an RC sycophant, first and foremost. When he was finally outed, he faded to Bolivia.
That mean Slim liked coaches that won?
He didn't care for Jackie at all.
The Zookeeper
AG
My handle may be relatively new to some of y'all, but I've been around, off/on since TA inception.

I'll tell you a little bit that I know about Pan Handle Slim.

Who is PHS? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody really believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly with him, but to hear BoerneGator tell it, anybody could have been Pan Handle Slim. You never knew. That was his power.
_mpaul
AG
Cardiff Crack Ag said:

My handle may be relatively new to some of y'all, but I've been around, off/on since TA inception.

I'll tell you a little bit that I know about Pan Handle Slim.

Who is PHS? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody really believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly with him, but to hear BoerneGator tell it, anybody could have been Pan Handle Slim. You never knew. That was his power.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
txaggieacct85
AG
JBGoode said:

In hard times, he always talked us down from the chair and the noose.
If you're thinking about the noose, you have other more important concerns.
All I do is Nguyen
I miss Spreadsheet Ags numbers breakdowns
firethewagonup
VatoLocoAggie said:

Hehateme1 said:

I thought RC was Ben There or something like that

As I recall …

Ranger65 is Gates
PanhandleSlim is RC
JFF is Johnnny Manziel
Solari94 is Solari
Etc …. There are a few others who were posting inburrito but yeah.

Lol

Gigem Aggies
SEC Champs
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Ghost of Bisbee said:

MookieBlaylock said:

And Jorts is/was Ron Jeremy

Still in jail?

He's out and seems to be doing quite well. He's in and out of Facebook bans.
How long was he in prison?

I see what you did there.
Rudyjax
AG
SEC Champs said:

Ghost of Bisbee said:

How long was he in prison?

I see what you did there.

AtlAg05
AG
Aggie said:

I don't think it was ever actually proven that RC was panhandle Slim

Just very much assumed

When has that ever stopped someone on the Internet?

Ben There
S
Still not correct Boerne gator. I know all about the Stark family. Homer Stark (Lutcher's son) '41 brought me to A&M when I was a kid. I once met Panhandle Slim and he is not connected to the Starks in any way. His initials are B.R.
Ambres
AG
Agz_2003 said:

Ben There said:

Slim was not R.C. He lived in the Dallas area.. I have posted as Ben there but also posted my name also. As a one time Civic teacher, I have always believed that the founding fathers believed in the freedom of speech but also believed that you should OWN your comments. I don"t believe they ever intended for you to be able to say ANYTHING you want about another person without identifying yourself. Just my opinion. Ben there/R.C.
I think it would be awesome for TexAgs to have a Q&A thread with you - a civil discussion, of course!

And so happy you BTHO cancer. Gig 'em!
Heck.. I would love to have you call a broadcast for one of the games, love to hear your insight and thoughts.
Potcake
AG
Damn, wish I had looked at this thread before. The Kings of Self-righteousness getting paddled and stuck in the corner on this one.
AGS749901
Hey Benthere
Is BRs name on a building on campus?
And did he own several ranches?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
In all sincerity Coach, I truly am glad you're doing well enough to have time to waste with us idiots here on the internets. Appreciate your patience.
Token
AG
Lmao Slim was wrong on every damn A&M coach and would pretend we didn't know what we were talking about. Good times
Token
AG
Wait a second, this thread even got RC to post??? Incredible
SEC Champs
AG
We need miller58 and JFF on here for a Trifecta.
SEC Champs
AG
Ben There,

I had the pleasure of meeting you twice, once at Bryan FBC and later in Boulder. I'll just say, you left an impression on me.

Any pearls of wisdom or thoughts about the state of CFB? NIL, playoff expansion, realignment, etc.
Ben There
S
Not to my knowledge.
TyperWoods
Best wishes for you coach. Happy to see you ring the bell a few months ago.

I had the pleasure of meeting you once, I think it was in 1992, at Texas World Speedway in the infield.

A few years ago I also walked past you in the Hall of Champions before a game, and said Howdy, but didn't stop to talk so as not to draw attention to you (you looked like you needed to be somewhere).

Thank you for all you've done for A&M.
Ben There
S
Cow dog, I read your post and found it interesting and Informative.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.