Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Does Panhandle Slim still post?

13,470 Views | 129 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Potcake
shiftyandquick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When and what was Panhandle Slim's last post?
Rudyjax
AG
I posted it on the first page. It was last year.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Panhandle Slim must be Rojo.

I bet Ben There/R.C. knows Rojo
-Ben There/R.C.
IIIHorn
Ghost of Bisbee said:

No, Sir.

He is not Rojo
Cheo
I am Slim
BoerneGator
AG
Ben There said:

Still not correct Boerne gator. I know all about the Stark family. Homer Stark (Lutcher's son) '41 brought me to A&M when I was a kid. I once met Panhandle Slim and he is not connected to the Starks in any way. His initials are B.R.
Of course you know the Starks, RC. I have a picture of you with Homer and his grandson, (PHS) probably taken about the time he was a GA under Tim Cassidy. Perhaps you don't really know PHS's identity. Otherwise, I haven't a clue about your position/motivation.

Perhaps you can shed some light on why Slim "disappeared" about ten years ago when he did? He was very active up until the time his identity became known.
CowDog
AG
Well, sir. I am glad that you found it so.

And I am gratified that you took the time to say so. That was generous of you.

Thank you!
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
IIIHorn said:

Ghost of Bisbee said:

No, Sir.

He is not Rojo

Then who is Rojo?

Ben There/R.C.
-Ben There/R.C.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Dude, just let it go. Everyone from SE Texas knows who the Starks were, and nobody cares about the identity of another Texags poster if they don't want to share it.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
BoerneGator said:

Ben There said:

Still not correct Boerne gator. I know all about the Stark family. Homer Stark (Lutcher's son) '41 brought me to A&M when I was a kid. I once met Panhandle Slim and he is not connected to the Starks in any way. His initials are B.R.
Of course you know the Starks, RC. I have a picture of you with Homer and his grandson, (PHS) probably taken about the time he was a GA under Tim Cassidy. Perhaps you don't really know PHS's identity. Otherwise, I haven't a clue about your position/motivation.

Perhaps you can shed some light on why Slim "disappeared" about ten years ago when he did? He was very active up until the time his identity became known.

His wife was a great professor at Mays when their family lived in CS
Hehateme1
I just wish I had my old International pickup with the Aggie "Me and my RC" bumper sticker.
85AustinAg
AG
CowDog said:

I thought I'd seen the last thread on TexAgs where BeorneGator and cecil77 would post. And others here too that remind me of better days. (Read that as YOUNGER days, I guess)

As for anonymous posting, I respectfully disagree with Coach. I think the Founding Fathers understood the need for and importance of anonymous speech.

I submit the this link in case anyone might be interested in reading about anonymous speech. It mentions 'Publius" the pseudonym of several Founding Fathers who wrote the Federalist Papers.

Yes. On the modern internet with its "social" media, anonymous speech is abused and I don't support or condone most of that sort of thing. But I wouldn't throw out the baby with the bathwater on anonymous speech either.

Anyway. Be well, y'all.
I think RC's point is that it would make posting on these forums less vitriolic if we used our real names. Regards, Mark Pustka
Titan83
AG
Always great to hear from you Coach.

Hope the golf game is good.
BoerneGator
AG
85AustinAg said:

CowDog said:

I thought I'd seen the last thread on TexAgs where BeorneGator and cecil77 would post. And others here too that remind me of better days. (Read that as YOUNGER days, I guess)

As for anonymous posting, I respectfully disagree with Coach. I think the Founding Fathers understood the need for and importance of anonymous speech.

I submit the this link in case anyone might be interested in reading about anonymous speech. It mentions 'Publius" the pseudonym of several Founding Fathers who wrote the Federalist Papers.

Yes. On the modern internet with its "social" media, anonymous speech is abused and I don't support or condone most of that sort of thing. But I wouldn't throw out the baby with the bathwater on anonymous speech either.

Anyway. Be well, y'all.
I think RC's point is that it would make posting on these forums less vitriolic if we used our real names. Regards, Mark Pustka

Actually, I think that was Cecil's point.

This was ALL hashed out on AO more than a decade ago. As Cecil has alluded to, "Slim" elected to maintain his relative anonymity after he learned that others indeed knew who he was. As stated early on in this thread, I had forgotten details and had to refresh my memory. Thus, the back n forth with others here. Slim's decorum here, with other posters, made himself a "target" causing them to wonder just who, in fact, he is/was. He was arguably, THE most intriguing poster on this site. But he's not anonymous.

And he knows it, even if some of the rest of you don't.

Mark Riser '71
Rudyjax
AG
85AustinAg said:

CowDog said:

Anyway. Be well, y'all.
Facebook has proven that people are vicious on the internet even with their real names.

Potcake
AG
BoerneGator
AG
Typical response from the peanut gallery. Per usual, you contribute absolutely nothing to the discussion (save your own uninformed bias). You're like those rubber-neckers, gawking at the scene of the wreck, wondering what just happened, but clueless all the same. And you've known my identity since before all this went down, huh?
IIIHorn

Sir,

There are two people on this thread that actually know PHS and who he really is.

You are not one of them.

No Spin Ag
Hehateme1 said:

VatoLocoAggie said:

Hehateme1 said:

I thought RC was Ben There or something like that

As I recall …

Ranger65 is Gates
PanhandleSlim is RC
JFF is Johnnny Manziel
Solari94 is Solari
Etc …. There are a few others who were posting inburrito but yeah.

Yep, except for PHS part. He did carry water for RC. RC did post here from time to time. Man, Solari... I loved that dude. Hadn't thought of him in a while. Gone too soon.

PHS shtick was cool until it was obvious that he was here to carry water for RC.

As for Solari, he was one of the greats.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
JBGoode
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

Facebook has proven that people are vicious on the internet even with their real names.

Sure, but those are jackwagons in real life as well.

Anonymity brings out the worst in normally good people. Sad but true.
Rudyjax
AG
JBGoode said:

Ken Scarborough said:

Sure, but those are jackwagons in real life as well.

Anonymity brings out the worst in normally good people. Sad but true.
I think some people are going to be jackwagons, anonymous or not.

Potcake
AG
nm, not worth it
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
BoerneGator said:

Typical response from the peanut gallery. Per usual, you contribute absolutely nothing to the discussion (save your own uninformed bias). You're like those rubber-neckers, gawking at the scene of the wreck, wondering what just happened, but clueless all the same. And you've known my identity since before all this went down, huh?

You got told, brother
-Ben There/R.C.
BoerneGator
AG
Potcake said:

nm, not worth it
I starred your post, Pat. Your best, perhaps forever… keep it up!
Potcake
AG
Seek help

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.