Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Does Panhandle Slim still post?

13,483 Views | 129 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Potcake
Barnacle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has Coach Slocum on a Mobile been confirmed as RC?
BadAggie
AG
chuckle
SABUILDERAG
Miller58 was definitely Von.
Timberwolf
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

His last post:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3254014/replies/60910138
HE'S ALIVE!
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

And Jorts is/was Ron Jeremy

Still in jail?
Rudyjax
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Still in jail?

He's out and seems to be doing quite well. He's in and out of Facebook bans.
Rudyjax
AG
Timberwolf said:

Ken Scarborough said:

His last post:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3254014/replies/60910138
HE'S ALIVE!

That's a year old.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Ken Scarborough said:

Ghost of Bisbee said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Still in jail?

He's out and seems to be doing quite well. He's in and out of Facebook bans.

He Found Jesus at a Taqueria
Rudyjax
AG
And then some.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
How long was he in prison?
-Ben There/R.C.
Rudyjax
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

How long was he in prison?

I don't think he ever served a significant sentence.
IIIHorn

I have known PanhandleSlim for most of my life, he is one of my closest friends, he is not RC and not from Orange.

Rudyjax
AG
IIIHorn said:

I have known PanhandleSlim for most of my life, he is one of my closest friends, he is not RC and not from Orange.

As much as he annoyed me, i'm glad he's still alive and kicking.

IIIHorn

As of this morning he is still alive, kicking and annoying.

ATL Aggie
AG
Hehateme1 said:

I thought RC was Ben There or something like that
I believe this is correct.
BoerneGator
AG
IIIHorn said:

He doesn't live there now, but his family roots are there. He IS an urban word merchant (by training), is he not, from the metroplex?
IIIHorn

His family is not from Orange, either.
BoerneGator
AG
IIIHorn said:

I think we're getting into a semantical argument here. His mother's father made his fortune with East Texas lumber and Louisiana oil wells, and there is a Foundation of some sort in and around Orange that bears the family name. Think he was raised in the ritzy part of the metroplex, where he may still reside. It's been more than ten years since this was researched, and so my memory has faded, but while his actual name escapes me, his loyalty to RC stems from his mother's family connection to Orange. He was a student during the RC era.
Rudyjax
AG
That's some creepy level stalking. Did you dox him too?
Ozzy Osbourne
If you could post his social security number and his mother's maiden name, I could confirm whether or not he is RC
Ben There
S
Slim was not R.C. He lived in the Dallas area.. I have posted as Ben there but also posted my name also. As a one time Civic teacher, I have always believed that the founding fathers believed in the freedom of speech but also believed that you should OWN your comments. I don"t believe they ever intended for you to be able to say ANYTHING you want about another person without identifying yourself. Just my opinion. Ben there/R.C.
IIIHorn
BoerneGator said:

IIIHorn said:

I think we're getting into a semantical argument here. His mother's father made his fortune with East Texas lumber and Louisiana oil wells, and there is a Foundation of some sort in and around Orange that bears the family name. Think he was raised in the ritzy part of the metroplex, where he may still reside. It's been more than ten years since this was researched, and so my memory has faded, but while his actual name escapes me, his loyalty to RC stems from his mother's family connection to Orange. He was a student during the RC era.
I grew up with him and his family.

We were not raised in the MetroPlex nor Orange. If you would like a clue as to where he and I were raised, pay attention to his TexAgs handle.

You have him confused with someone else.
_mpaul
AG
Ben There said:

Slim was not R.C. He lived in the Dallas area.. I have posted as Ben there but also posted my name also. As a one time Civic teacher, I have always believed that the founding fathers believed in the freedom of speech but also believed that you should OWN your comments. I don"t believe they ever intended for you to be able to say ANYTHING you want about another person without identifying yourself. Just my opinion. Ben there/R.C.
mpaul loves it when Coach Slocum refers to himself in the third person!

Love you, Coach!
Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
Ben There
S
This not accurate in any way with regards to Orange or Slim. R.C.
Ben There
S
As far as Boerne Gator. You are thinking of someone else and it was actually his great grandfather. Nothing to do with PanHandle Slim. R.C.
cecil77
AG
Ben There said:

Given the vitriol he poured my way back in the day (as well as anyone who deigned to challenge his opinions), PHS clearly doesn't agree with you. This despite PM overtures to clear the air... He explicitly stated he valued his online "persona" more than candor.

-- Cecil Albrecht, Boerne, TX

itsyourboypookie
Ben There said:

BigHead 04
AG
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3321445/replies/63055676#63055676

Seems legit. Love you coach!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ATL Aggie
AG
I think Ben There has the most well deserved spirit tag. Gig'em coach!
TX_COWDOC
AG
Ben There said:

www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Hey Ben There, you wanna call some plays on the sideline?
-Ben There/R.C.
CowDog
AG
I thought I'd seen the last thread on TexAgs where BeorneGator and cecil77 would post. And others here too that remind me of better days. (Read that as YOUNGER days, I guess)

As for anonymous posting, I respectfully disagree with Coach. I think the Founding Fathers understood the need for and importance of anonymous speech.

I submit the this link in case anyone might be interested in reading about anonymous speech. It mentions 'Publius" the pseudonym of several Founding Fathers who wrote the Federalist Papers.

Yes. On the modern internet with its "social" media, anonymous speech is abused and I don't support or condone most of that sort of thing. But I wouldn't throw out the baby with the bathwater on anonymous speech either.

Anyway. Be well, y'all.
BoerneGator
AG
Ben There said:

This not accurate in any way with regards to Orange or Slim. R.C.
Allow me to correct the record: (shoulda known better than to rely on a ten year old memory, but it's really not that important.

Slim's great grandfather was Lutcher Stark, former Chairman of the University of Texas Board of Regents during the '50's and 60's, who created The Stark Foundation in Orange in 1961. It was Lutcher's grandfather who made his fortune in the timber/lumber business in East Texas at the turn of the century. His (Slim's) mother wrote the book If The Devil Had A Wife, an intriguing account of the manipulations of Nelda Stark and the disinheritance of her father (Slim's grandfather) and his brother by Nelda via the creation of the Stark Foundation. Slim was a GA (graduate assistant) during your early years.

All of this was gleaned from a simple Google search. Perhaps your understanding is different?

Slim had a propensity to exaggerate, while pretending to be something he's clearly not.

BoerneGator
AG
I spend a lot less time here than I used to. AO is dead, but life goes on. It served a useful purpose back in its day, but alas, nothing stays the same! Thanks for the shout out, and back at ya!
IIIHorn

"laughing/crying emoticon"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.