Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Quinn Ewers

55,450 Views | 271 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Muy
whatthehey78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Debit Ewers bank acct...Credit tu's
Put him on the payroll with Mack, Charlie, Herman and Sark.
Still lost to Kansas
lol
RGLAG85
AG
nu awlins ag said:

bryanw1995 said:

dixichkn said:

Believe it or not I'm fine with next year's QB room. Weigman is going to be something special. Ewers……..I'm not gonna say a Spencer Rattler vibe bc I don't think he's an utter jackass like Rattler, but again, didn't play his senior season, took his NIL deal and is already flaking on Ohio St? Yeah there's some Martell working there
How can you judge him for graduating early? Why don't you go turn down $1.4m as a 17 yo kid then come and tell us your thoughts?

As far as his talents/abilitylocker room presence, I don't know that redshirting at Oh st was better than playing his sr year in hs, will be interesting to find out though.

Quote:

If all we had was calzada and king I would take, but since Weigman is coming it'd be a pass

Why not just recruit both then let the one who loses battle in the spring transfer?

It was all based on snaps/playing time. He took a shot at the money and failed. Chasing coin rather than proving yourself first is kind of a big mistake, no matter how good you think you were in high school. This isn't baseball…..
How I know you know nothing about playing baseball at the highest levels without you saying you know nothing about playing baseball at the highest levels.
01jrod
AG
01jrod
AG
ea1060 said:

jrod01 said:

Ewers committed to Texas late today. It will be announced once the NIL is worked through.
Where did you hear this?
Reliable Tsip friend - same friend who told me weeks before it was announced that Herman was out and Sark was in. Same friend who is also a contact with Ewers family. His information has proven to be reliable.
. . .
evestor1
I am shocked that Ewers is not looking at LSU.
Vinny
Texas is trying to get Ewers to commit asap. They are feeling he might be able to sway a couple commits their way. As long as we win our 1:1 battles I don't care what they do.
DallasAg 94
If they get Ewers and it sways a few commits in... it will likely sway a few out, as well.

If you are 2022 QB Maalik Murphy who is committed to the Sips and you find Ewers now ahead of you on the depth chart... AND... he gets a ton of NIL money... might make you decide the Sips isn't the place for you.

If you are Casey Thompson, incumbent starting QB... now find yourself fighting for your job with a guy who banked on NIL money. It doesn't help that Ewers is lily white and you've heard rumors that Hudson Card the White backup is being pressured to replace you.

If Ewers goes to the Sips, I think this becomes a disaster for them. They could lose Murphy and Thompson

Viper16
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Viper16 said:

whatthehey78 said:

DSAG said:

I think Ewers winds up at Tech .
Prefer Wiegman and Ewers has too much baggage.
You got it!
Can you expound on "too much baggage" for this old Ag please?

You or Whatthehey78 if y'all don't mind.

Ewers has 3 NIL deals, none of which I believe are tied to tOSU, where he ended up.

One deal is $1.4M for 3 years and requires him to either start or play in a certain number of games.

Anyone willing to take him will have to be willing to commit to him being the starter in 2022...

Coaches no longer have to deal with the Kevin Murray helicopter dad injecting himself into the playing time discussion. This is AAU-level intervention.
Where can I read about the 3 NIL deals he received?

Why does the school that recruits him be required to commit to him being the starter?

Seems like a lot of "he said, she said" floating around and I would like to read some legitimate source documents and not rely on rumors concerning Ewers NIL deals....

Can you point me in the right direction....

#FJB

Trump 2024

Ultra-MAGA Cultist :-))

Lex Talionis
Bunk Moreland
Quote:

Why does the school that recruits him be required to commit to him being the starter?

Seems like a lot of "he said, she said" floating around and I would like to read some legitimate source documents and not rely on rumors concerning Ewers NIL deals....

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32120440/ohio-state-buckeyes-qb-quinn-ewers-nil-deal-14-million-source-says

1 deal with GT Sports Marketing for $1.4 million in exchange for autographs. 3 year deal.
Viper16
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Quote:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32120440/ohio-state-buckeyes-qb-quinn-ewers-nil-deal-14-million-source-says

1 deal with GT Sports Marketing for $1.4 million in exchange for autographs. 3 year deal.
Thanks Bunk.

So, does that deal with GT Sports Marketing follow him anywhere?
#FJB

Trump 2024

Ultra-MAGA Cultist :-))

Lex Talionis
jsmc71
AG
FWIW, tOSU buddy told me Ewers was 4th on depth chart (without any further specifics). Doubt he has any inside info and don't know if that was based on him following rumors on tOSU fan sites or what.

If true though, he might be capable of contributing to a borderline, bowl-eligible season. Couldn't happen to a more deserving fan base.
Davidtheag
AG
Has anyone heard any rumors that there is a relationship between Ewers and Evan Stewart? In other words, that a t.u. commitment from Ewers could potentially flip Stewart. If this was the case, committing to Texas A&M and then flipping three weeks later would be bad bull. I know of course, this is Orangebloods wishful thinking propaganda, and if you want to know more, you have to pay for their subscription. Stewart seems solid to me. Any thoughts?
Dr Lane Trowlan
Davidtheag said:

Has anyone heard any rumors that there is a relationship between Ewers and Evan Stewart? In other words, that a t.u. commitment from Ewers could potentially flip Stewart. If this was the case, committing to Texas A&M and then flipping three weeks later would be bad bull. I know of course, this is Orangebloods wishful thinking propaganda, and if you want to know more, you have to pay for their subscription. Stewart seems solid to me. Any thoughts?

Showstopper
AG
I looked up Ohio State's season stats on ESPN. Three QBs had stats and they were all three not Quinn Ewers so I guess he may be right.
BMX Bandit
No mention of him being required to start in the article
Bunk Moreland
Right. The requirement to start is not legal. I just gave him the article where it detailed the total $$
PeekingDuck
AG
Ewers couldn't hack it at OSU but he's going to save the sips. Good stuff.
DallasAg 94
Viper16 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Ewers has 3 NIL deals, none of which I believe are tied to tOSU, where he ended up.

One deal is $1.4M for 3 years and requires him to either start or play in a certain number of games.

Anyone willing to take him will have to be willing to commit to him being the starter in 2022...

Coaches no longer have to deal with the Kevin Murray helicopter dad injecting himself into the playing time discussion. This is AAU-level intervention.

I'm looking for the article.

The 3 deals is plastered everywhere.

Quote:

Among Ewers' endorsement opportunities while at OSU, Ewers signed a reported $1.4 million autograph deal with a sports memorabilia company, as well as a contract with the Holy Kombucha! beverage company, based in Texas.

The article didn't say that the school had agreed to playing time for the NIL. The article indicated Ewers' $1.4M deal was for 3 years, and it required HIM to starter a certain number of games (# was not cited), in order to receive the full amount of the contract. Maybe there were incentive/performance clauses.

My point was... Ewers would only agree to go to a school, in which he'd have assurances he'd be the starter. The assurance would be the same as every other recruit gets about early playing time.

I haven't seen the NIL deals, but I don't know that any of the 3 are tied to tOSU.

We think about NILs as a way to entice players to come to a certain school. There are some companies that don't care specifically which school someone goes to... they just want them to get visibility by playing and starting.
BMX Bandit
NIL can't be tied to a school under Texas, Florida, California law. I've seen no state where it's permitted.

No one has shown this Ewers contract provision to be anything more than a twitter fake story so far.
Aggie1188
Davidtheag said:

Bob Knights Paper Hands
BMX Bandit said:

NIL can't be tied to a school under Texas, Florida, California law. I've seen no state where it's permitted.

No one has shown this Ewers contract provision to be anything more than a twitter fake story so far.

I think it's desperation by whorn fans to drive a positive narrative in hope of flipping other recruits for early signing day. They are scared they will fall out of the top 10 as other classes fill out while A&M will challenge for the #1 class and see them getting left further behind.
A New Hope
jsmc71 said:

FWIW, tOSU buddy told me Ewers was 4th on depth chart (without any further specifics). Doubt he has any inside info and don't know if that was based on him following rumors on tOSU fan sites or what.

If true though, he might be capable of contributing to a borderline, bowl-eligible season. Couldn't happen to a more deserving program.

Couldn't beat out stroud who is a fish. Ewers wouldn't have ever seen the field and he knew it. NIL terms or not, he'd never play. Tate Martell 2.0. Book it.

I'd love to see him transfer to sips and have Casey and Hudson both transfer out along with decommit of Malik.
Stone44
AG
Looking forward to watching Ewers run for his friggin life next season playing behind the lard asses starting on the offensive line.
Marcus Brutus
I only see two deals and nothing about starting or playing time.
DallasAg 94
CCP Joe Veggie said:

I only see two deals and nothing about starting or playing time.
Do you Google, bro?

https://fansided.com/2021/08/31/quinn-ewers-nil-autograph-million-dollar-deal/

Quote:

Days after signing with local car dealership Ricart Automotive and about three weeks after his first NIL deal with Holy Kombucha, Ewers has signed his most lucrative NIL deal to date.

https://fansided.com/2021/08/28/ohio-state-quinn-ewers-nil-car/

BMX Bandit
can you highlight the part about starting being a requirement?

DallasAg 94
BMX Bandit said:

Must not be true, if you say it isn't.
BMX Bandit
DallasAg 94 said:

BMX Bandit said:

Must not be true, if you say it isn't.
I don't know if its true or not. I'm asking you to verify something you have claimed on multiple threads.

can you not do that?
The Dog Lord
AG
jsmc71 said:

If true though, he might be capable of contributing to a borderline, bowl-eligible season. Couldn't happen to a more deserving program.
To be fair, he enrolled in August, right? Who would expect him to be high on the depth chart with zero time in the system? Serious question though: should he have likely moved up to at least 3rd by the end of the season?
DallasAg 94
BMX Bandit said:

https://www.extrapointsmb.com/ohio-state-quinn-ewers-nil-get-that-money-explained/

BMX Bandit
as suspected, you read something on twitter.

and the person that tweeted as since said its not true.
rootube
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

BMX Bandit said:

https://www.extrapointsmb.com/ohio-state-quinn-ewers-nil-get-that-money-explained/

This is interesting. If I read this correctly it's illegal to tie NIL compensation to play. So that means Ewers is a millionaire now (baring likely lawsuits) and he is in position to collect even more from Texas. This is before he ever throws a meaningful pass in college. There are star college players who likely will make less in the NFL than this.
EclipseAg
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

BMX Bandit said:

That's an interesting article, and it confirms what I've suspected all along.

Real NIL money will go to athletes who are truly marketable, i.e. big social media followings. That benefits attractive women athletes, like LSU's Olivia Dunn, who is on her way to $1 million in NIL deals, and big-name football/basketball players or those who are really good at developing/posting content.

Doesn't mean ugly linemen who mumble won't make money ... they will, because alumni will see to it. But eventually, the non-booster marketers who are jumping on the bandwagon will need to see some return on their investments. And a couple of Ewers-type miscues will make a lot of marketers a little gun-shy.

Golden Girl Olivia Dunn

ETA: This part of the article linked above cracked me up:

"Much of her audience's growth came during the pandemic when she was spending time in Florida looking for ways to spread joy on social media. She'd show off some gymnastics skills, hit "publish" and move on. But the audience kept growing."

Uhhh ... no. She posted lots of photos of herself in bikinis, and her audience grew. But whatever works.
Marcus Brutus
BMX Bandit said:

as suspected, you read something on twitter.

and the person that tweeted as since said its not true.

Wow.

DA94 needs to tap the brakes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.