Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Quinn Ewers

55,434 Views | 271 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Muy
rootube
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So you are saying life is not fair and some people are more marketable than others, which is true but it's been true since the beginning of time and before NIL ever existed.
Vinny
I almost think Jimbo should slow play this thing and meet with Ewers. He can tell Quinn next Friday "No thanks, we're all full at this point and have the QB we want". That would be classic.
rootube
AG
Vinny said:

I almost think Jimbo should slow play this thing and meet with Ewers. He can tell Quinn next Friday "No thanks, we're all full at this point and have the QB we want". That would be classic.

Sounds like like a great idea if your goal is to troll tu and possibly lose the 5 star QB you evaluated and landed and also hand the horns bragging rights for winning a head to head recruiting battle.
Vinny
rootube said:

Vinny said:

Sounds like like a great idea if your goal is to troll tu and possibly lose the 5 star QB you evaluated and landed and also hand the horns bragging rights for winning a head to head recruiting battle.
Yea...well you would obviously have to fill in Weigman beforehand. The intent being we want to secure all of our prospects to get them past ESD. Really though I don't think there is that much risk of losing anyone at this point. It would be more for the OL were still trying to get.
Propane & Accessories
AG
DallasAggie89 said:

When we have 5 star QBs transfer something is wrong with the coach but when tOSU has 5 star QBs transfer there is something wrong with the player.
Jake Hubenack wrote an article for TexAgs detailing the season where both guys left. Had one stayed it would be assumed that they would've started. To lose two 5 stars at once is on the coaches. As for tOSU, they transferred as back ups and they had a starter already entrenched or another player ready to take over so it can be seen as yeah the player is doing what is best for them.
concac
AG
Fedup said:

jsmc71 said:

FWIW, tOSU buddy told me Ewers was 4th on depth chart (without any further specifics). Doubt he has any inside info and don't know if that was based on him following rumors on tOSU fan sites or what.

If true though, he might be capable of contributing to a borderline, bowl-eligible season. Couldn't happen to a more deserving program.

Couldn't beat out stroud who is a fish. Ewers wouldn't have ever seen the field and he knew it. NIL terms or not, he'd never play. Tate Martell 2.0. Book it.

I'd love to see him transfer to sips and have Casey and Hudson both transfer out along with decommit of Malik.
CJ Stroud is a RS Freshman and 4* recruit so not like he's a scrub.
DallasAg 94
BMX Bandit said:

as suspected, you read something on twitter.

and the person that tweeted as since said its not true.
I don't twitter, except when the story leads me there. I've 0 tweets and only maintain my account for work-presence purposes.

It is likely the story I read was also pulled, which is why I couldn't find it.

I posted the tweet above because that was where I search ended.

Looks like now I have to come to the realization everything I read on the Internet isn't true.
rootube
AG
RealTalk said:

Fedup said:

jsmc71 said:

FWIW, tOSU buddy told me Ewers was 4th on depth chart (without any further specifics). Doubt he has any inside info and don't know if that was based on him following rumors on tOSU fan sites or what.

If true though, he might be capable of contributing to a borderline, bowl-eligible season. Couldn't happen to a more deserving program.

Couldn't beat out stroud who is a fish. Ewers wouldn't have ever seen the field and he knew it. NIL terms or not, he'd never play. Tate Martell 2.0. Book it.

I'd love to see him transfer to sips and have Casey and Hudson both transfer out along with decommit of Malik.

No kidding. He could be the next Joe Burrow or the next Tate Martell. Nobody knows yet which one he is. It's clear it will be basically impossible to unseat Stroud at this point at OSU given his play this year.
A New Hope
How much are the sips paying Casey and Hudson?? Transfer portal gonna get full real quick with ex tu qbs.
A New Hope
RealTalk said:

Fedup said:

jsmc71 said:

So what?? Ewers couldn't beat him out, there are two teams in the playoffs with freshmen qbs and neither of them is ewers. What's your point? Ewers knew he wasn't as good and would never see the field. Dude bailed out because he's a head case and won't compete. This isn't high school anymore. Tate Martell 2.0.
12mn95
AG
Fedup said:

RealTalk said:

Fedup said:

jsmc71 said:

So what?? Ewers couldn't beat him out, there are two teams in the playoffs with freshmen qbs and neither of them is ewers. What's your point? Ewers knew he wasn't as good and would never see the field. Dude bailed out because he's a head case and won't compete. This isn't high school anymore. Tate Martell 2.0.
Stroud won the starting job when Fields left. All he did, Heisman, Davey O'Brien, and Manning award finalist. Kid had a great year and had the #1 total and scoring offense in his first year. Also got Elite 11 MVP. Dude is a stud. And had a whole year of learning that offense over Ewers who arrived as the season was starting. Not sure what Ewers being the starter would have changed or improved that offense.
SBISA Victim
AG
I actually see Tech being the favorite here. He'd probably have to sit a year behind Thompson, and Austin isn't a college town. Meanwhile at Tech he'd probably start immediately and be a local celebrity.
. . .
Gidnik
Bill Superman
AG
Bust.

Book it
SBISA Victim
AG
NortheastAggie
Ewers left OSU because his family asked OSU to guarantee him starting QB job next season, and of course didn't get it. Now he transfers to Sip, pretty much means Hudson Card and Casey Thompson will transfer. I am glad that under Jimbo, we don't touch these lock room cancers.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
So he's gotten paid $5.4 million and hasn't played a down.

NIL is great if you can get it.
A New Hope
RealTalk said:

Fedup said:

jsmc71 said:

Yes and the highest rated head case in history of high school football couldn't see the field for even a few downs this year.
aggieclay
Awesome! That program is just gonna go through more turmoil.
PyriteAg
AG
He may end up being great there, but tu really opened the NIL pandora's box by paying him 5 mil (if that is true to begin wtih).
Tibbers
The beauty of this is there no way he will live up to the billing. This guy will be the Ryan leaf of the college football world.
DallasAg 94
And he gets to count on their Recruiting rankings?!
aggiedad7
DallasAg 94 said:

He's a transfer, not a signee.
Bring n WOOD
AG
Thank God he's not coming to the good guys!!
Nino Brown
Reminds me of Tate but with a mullet.
Muy
AG
aggiedad7 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

He's a transfer, not a signee.

Shockingly 247 is changing their scoring system now to include transfers from what I've read. Sip desperately needs attention.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.