Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Quinn Ewers

55,463 Views | 271 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Muy
Class of 65
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He needs a haircut so no.
FarmersFight95
AG
elaggie2002 said:

Wait some of you don't want the top ranked QB of 2022 and 5star player after what we just saw this year? Even if Calzada and King were amazing why don't you want to have depth at the most important position? If we want to compete with Bama and Georgia we need depth at every position. We have a good QB this year we lose maybe 1-2 games max.

Look I love Calzada. But he's not the answer. King not sure if many of you have seen him in person, but he's a small guy. I really don't think he can get through a a season.

Nothing is a guarantee at this point. If he wants to come here and I am the coach I take him in a heartbeat.

Kyler Murray says Hi from the NFL.
aggiedad7
FarmersFight95 said:

elaggie2002 said:

Wait some of you don't want the top ranked QB of 2022 and 5star player after what we just saw this year? Even if Calzada and King were amazing why don't you want to have depth at the most important position? If we want to compete with Bama and Georgia we need depth at every position. We have a good QB this year we lose maybe 1-2 games max.

Look I love Calzada. But he's not the answer. King not sure if many of you have seen him in person, but he's a small guy. I really don't think he can get through a a season.

Nothing is a guarantee at this point. If he wants to come here and I am the coach I take him in a heartbeat.

Kyler Murray says Hi from the NFL.
Yea, I thought Murray would get killed in the NFL. One more thing I'm wrong on.
halfastros81
AG
I was way off on Kyler Murray as well.

I dunno why we wouldn't want Ewer's. My understanding is he's got great talent. We found out this yr we need more QB depth . I know Weigman is coming in but let the four of them Push each other to Get better. He'll probably pick one of the others tho because it's a higher probability to be the starter.
DSAG
I think Ewers winds up at Tech .
Prefer Wiegman and Ewers has too much baggage.
whatthehey78
AG
DSAG said:

You got it!
Dorm 15
AG
Quote:

We found out this yr we need more QB depth .
Did we ever! Considering who we have got coming would using a schollie on a talent like Jett Huff be smart?
NoahAg
Ermagard Quirn Erwers
Let's go, Brandon!
Sq 17
There is a Jett huff thread probably on page 3
I put forth that with the portal you can't stockpile talent 4* talent having a backup like Huff for 5 years might be better than a guy that will hit the portal when he is not the starter

Having a guy like Major Applewhite somewhere on the roster would be a good use of a scholarship
TyperWoods
Wish the kid well.

He's a year too late tho. Spurned us for his Yankee buddies in Ohio. Hey, I understand, it was $$$$. And that's ok. But that's a choice he made, not A&M.
dannyv
AG
TyperWoods said:

Wish the kid well.

He's a year too late tho. Spurned us for his Yankee buddies in Ohio. Hey, I understand, it was $$$$. And that's ok. But that's a choice he made, not A&M.
Looch actually made it sound like he wanted to come here after decommitting from the sips but we were all-in on Weigman who was all-in on us. Considering that Weigman has been a very important Houston-area recruit in this class and the fact that he is also a 5*, it seems like a sound decision.
PeekingDuck
AG
Pretty sure he'll end up at Tech. It'd be nice if he revives their program a little bit. But I'd like to see Leach get a little payback first.
halfastros81
AG
Speaking of Tech, I heard on the radio this morning that they are currently ranked in the Top 10 in the nation for recruiting in this upcoming cycle. Their new coach's hair must be on fire. I never remember Tech anywhere close to that kind
Of recruiting ranking
goadius6
AG
Yes McGuire has already done a fantastic job on the crootin trail at Tech for next year. i really do think Ewers is going to Tech, a LOT of smoke around it.
BMX Bandit
halfastros81 said:

Speaking of Tech, I heard on the radio this morning that they are currently ranked in the Top 10 in the nation for recruiting in this upcoming cycle. Their new coach's hair must be on fire. I never remember Tech anywhere close to that kind
Of recruiting ranking

What does "the cycle" mean ?

According to 247, they have one four-star recruit.
rootube
AG
His haircut has already been accepted and enrolled at Tech.
JPK89
AG
halfastros81 said:

Of recruiting ranking
You heard wrong. Composite 247 has them 45th right now.
Teslag
AG
Maybe he meant Top 10 in the ten team Big 12.
TyperWoods
dannyv said:

TyperWoods said:

Wish the kid well.

Looch actually made it sound like he wanted to come here after decommitting from the sips but we were all-in on Weigman who was all-in on us. Considering that Weigman has been a very important Houston-area recruit in this class and the fact that he is also a 5*, it seems like a sound decision.

I think Ewers not at A&M works best for everyone.
TxAG#2011
goadius6 said:

Yes McGuire has already done a fantastic job on the crootin trail at Tech for next year. i really do think Ewers is going to Tech, a LOT of smoke around it.
That would be pretty embarrassing for Texas and a huge win for Tech.
halfastros81
AG
Don't shoot the messenger . Was what Sean Salisbury and crew said on AM 790 this morning.
war_grackle
AG
Why is this thread still going?
htownag10
AG
war_grackle said:

Why is this thread still going?

This is a rhetorical question
Smittyfubar
AG
JPK89 said:

halfastros81 said:

Of recruiting ranking
You heard wrong. Composite 247 has them 45th right now.

247 actually does have them at 10 for 2023, but the only have 4 commits so I really don't think that's going to last.
Viper16
AG
whatthehey78 said:

DSAG said:

You got it!
Can you expound on "too much baggage" for this old Ag please?

You or Whatthehey78 if y'all don't mind.
#FJB

Trump 2024

Ultra-MAGA Cultist :-))

Lex Talionis
DallasAg 94
Viper16 said:

whatthehey78 said:

DSAG said:

You got it!
Can you expound on "too much baggage" for this old Ag please?

You or Whatthehey78 if y'all don't mind.

Ewers has 3 NIL deals, none of which I believe are tied to tOSU, where he ended up.

One deal is $1.4M for 3 years and requires him to either start or play in a certain number of games.

Anyone willing to take him will have to be willing to commit to him being the starter in 2022...

Coaches no longer have to deal with the Kevin Murray helicopter dad injecting himself into the playing time discussion. This is AAU-level intervention.
BMX Bandit
Can you provide a credible link to his deals requiring that ?
W
AG
another problem with Ewers...

he might be a one & done...even though he's 2 years from the draft.

if he's great in 2022...could sit out 2023 to "prepare for the draft"
jrod01
Ewers committed to Texas late today. It will be announced once the NIL is worked through.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
Expect a resurgence of sippy posters at any moment…
Petrino1
jrod01 said:

Ewers committed to Texas late today. It will be announced once the NIL is worked through.
Where did you hear this?
theeyetest
jrod01 said:

Nice try, sippy. You know you can't speak stuff into existence, right?
Ian Neff
AG
GOOD.

I hope so. He's a PERFECT FIT.
My Name Is Judge
jrod01 said:

Congrats on snagging someone that we didn't want?
Cheating ass refs are the real pandemic
sonnysixkiller
AG
That young man has Texas tech written all over him.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.