Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

***** Official Ags vs. Pigs Game Thread *****

268,654 Views | 3395 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 500,000ags
Barnacle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
His play calling and scheme are average. Time for him to move forward into the 90s
Ridge14
Dr Lane Trowlan said:

Ridge14 said:

Where's the targeting call on Spiller?

It's fair game once the ball is tipped.
I feel like this is the case for pass interference.

Didn't feel like there is exclusions to when forceable contact to the head area is allowed or am I wrong? Can someone point to the rule?
NewWaveDave
AG
Dang. I wish in four years Jimbo had recruited more depth in QB and didn't have to rely on Trash Garbaga.
Sterling82
sharpdressedman said:

Jimbo said last week that this team is "average." He is right, and deserves props for being candid.

He gets no credit. He's paid to put a championship caliber team on the field. Saying they're average is an admission that he's not doing his job.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Sterling82 said:

sharpdressedman said:

Jimbo said last week that this team is "average." He is right, and deserves props for being candid.

He gets no credit. He's paid to put a championship caliber team on the field. Saying they're average is an admission that he's not doing his job.

Agrees, he's paid too much to be average.
aggiehawg
AG
sharpdressedman said:

The only good thing about this wretched outcome is that it makes someone very close to our dear aggiehawg very happy.

Screw you! I'm not happy and f*** The Hubs. He's being really obnoxious about this win right now!

I have never been like that for nine years but he's being a f***ing jerk!

We are sleeping in separate rooms tonight. He's not a graceful winner, never has been. I remember in 1998 when Stoerner fumbled to lose the game against Tennessee. For the entire year, our one lone Vol fan friend taunted him about Stoerner being on Tennessee's scholarship roster, yada, yada. The entire year, every time we ran into each other at social events.

The next year, that friend was at the house to watch the rematch. The Hubs had James Brown's The Big Payback staged up and ready to go. I was appalled as things spiraled OOC. Weapons weren't fired but there was the knowledge they were present. The Vol friend knew he had picked the wrong guy to needle for a year straight.

He's playing it now for me.

BadMoonRisin
AG
HowdyTexasAggies said:

Sterling82 said:

sharpdressedman said:

Agrees, he's paid too much to be average.
Getting an extension after average results is the kiss of death for AFB coaches. He's not going to be a Chad Morris, fired in two, because we cant afford that **** now. He's going to be a Kevin Sumlin, only slightly better 9-3 perennially - with a 10 year guarantee.

Where are all the idiots here that were kissing the ring of A&M leadership for extending his contract "so no one else can get him". LMAO.

"Exert your will on your opponent" on the pulse to get everyone jacked -- meanwhile OL gets ****ing owned by a 3 fat-d lineman rush with a quarterback who cant throw dog**** 4 feet into a trashcan.

It was very clear from the first snap they were daring Calzada to pass. And not only did he not do that, they were able to get a lot of pressure with just 3 ****ing guys. LMAO. Clown show. They literally gave up the LOS and dared him to throw, and not only did that not happen, he got ****ed up more snaps than not cause our O-Line is ***** What a joke.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
can someone link the wardrobe malfunction
TyperWoods
aggiehawg said:

sharpdressedman said:

The only good thing about this wretched outcome is that it makes someone very close to our dear aggiehawg very happy.

Screw you! I'm not happy and f*** The Hubs. He's being really obnoxious about this win right now!

We are sleeping in separate rooms tonight. He's not a graceful winner, never has been. I remember in 1998 when uStoerner fumbled to lose the game against Tennessee. For the entire year, our one lone Vol fan friend taunted him about Stoerner being on Tennessee's scholarship roster, yada, yada. The entire year, every time we ran into each other at social events.

The next year, that friend was at the house to watch the rematch. The Hubs had James Brown's The Big Payback staged up and ready to go. I was appalled as things spiraled OOC. Weapons weren't fired but there was the knowledge they were present. The Vol friend knew he had picked the wrong guy to needle for a year straight.

Next week, you can play it for him.
agent-maroon
AG
aggiehawg said:

sharpdressedman said:

We are sleeping in separate rooms tonight. He's not a graceful winner, never has been. I remember in 1998 when uStoerner fumbled to lose the game against Tennessee. For the entire year, our one lone Vol fan friend taunted him about Stoerner being on Tennessee's scholarship roster, yada, yada. The entire year, every time we ran into each other at social events.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Ghost of Bizbee said:

can someone link the wardrobe malfunction
So there's a silver lining, somewhere?
Reno Hightower
We just thought Kellen was bad…..then Zach asked us to hold his beer.
BadMoonRisin
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

I'm a Georgia fan next week. For like the first time...evah.

I'll have that song ready too. He's being a d*** so he'll deserve it.
tk for tu juan
Reno Hightower said:

We just thought Kellen was bad…..then Zach asked us to hold his beer.

Mond is the career yardage leader for the school, and never lost to Arkansas
OKC~Ag
Mule said:

bradleyk said:

All you people *****in about Jimbo... who the hell do you want to hire? Damn... y'all so happy with Arkie that you want their coach? You want Sarkesian? Maybe y'all want Orgeron? Go ahead... name who you think can coach this team. We aren't championship caliber material for sure, but let's put blame where it belongs... the athletes are to blame as well. Heck, maybe y'all just want to get rid of the football program.
Last year Jimbo had multiple close calls with inferior teams. Our superior talent wore teams down in the forth quarter. He does not call a good game consistently. He abandons things that are working on offense or sticks with things that aren't working. In short, he is stubborn and displays a lack of situational awareness at times.

Jimbo is a great recruiter, tireless worker, knows how to run an organization, great representative of our university, etc. I love having him as our head coach. He simply needs to turn the play calling over to a younger brain.
Only potential way to salvage his future.

Jimbo is too calcified in his way...He needs to be more flexible but hubris may gets in his way.

Hire a good OC the caliber of Elko and concentrate on big things
Aggie118
AG
Did jimbo talk really quick in the post game saying a bunch of hard-knock old school coach-isms and buzz words?
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
I'll ask as many times as it takes...

can someone please link the wardrobe malfunction
cwag100
I know we have a back up quarterback in there but our offense shows "zero" creativity/innovation and the play calling is extremely predictable. If I know what play is coming surely the linebackers/safeties do as well. If you were a stud receiver recruit would you want to come be an Aggie right now with this offense?? I would not!!!!!
yell_on_6th st
AG
aggiehawg said:

sharpdressedman said:

We are sleeping in separate rooms tonight. He's not a graceful winner, never has been. I remember in 1998 when Stoerner fumbled to lose the game against Tennessee. For the entire year, our one lone Vol fan friend taunted him about Stoerner being on Tennessee's scholarship roster, yada, yada. The entire year, every time we ran into each other at social events.

Tell him to eff off and never give a bj again.
ashley
If anyone didn't think this was possible after the Colorado game & our starting quarterback went out doesn't have a football IQ.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
sharpdressedman said:

He's the reason this team is average.
BadMoonRisin
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

I'm a Georgia fan next week. For like the first time...evah.

I'll have that song ready too. He's being a d*** so he'll deserve it.
gwmAggie
The reality is Jimbo is just an average coach who is overpaid with a below average football team.

swc93
AG
ashley said:

If anyone didn't think this was possible after the Colorado game & our starting quarterback went out doesn't have a football IQ.

the tsip it right you know
DGAG92
AG
Too bad the boot lickin Aggie writers won't ask the tough questions to Jimbo. He needs to be raked over the coals with that three ring circus he ran out there today. You can be bad, but disciplined…..but not bad and undisciplined. Sloppy coaching job and he needs to hear about it.
ashley
DGAG92 said:

Too bad the boot lickin Aggie writers won't ask the tough questions to Jimbo. He needs to be raked over the coals with that three ring circus he ran out there today. You can be bad, but disciplined…..but not bad and undisciplined. Sloppy coaching job and he needs to hear about it.

Most teams that lose their starting quarterback drop
significantly. Nothing seems to look the same and as good. Don't blame the staff for everything.
Mr. Lahey
AG
I heard something about a wardrobe malfunction?
RC_57
AG
Mr. Lahey said:

I heard something about a wardrobe malfunction?
Yea.

I'm came here for the prom blast

Nothing

What has happened to the zoo?
RC_57
AG

DP
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Would just like everyone to know I went back to the DVR and found the near wardrobe malfunction. She must have flashed the players on that tackle for loss
Jbob04
AG
ashley said:

DGAG92 said:

Most teams that lose their starting quarterback drop
significantly. Nothing seems to look the same and as good. Don't blame the staff for everything.

So the coaches aren't responsible for having a serviceable backup Qb?
Rongagin71
AG
Our fish tackle being dominated by their All-American had something to do with Zach throwing away so many passes in the first half and so quickly going to backs in the second half, it also caused a couple of penalties as we desperately tried to find a way to slow him down. It made us look bad because it was a bad match up.
You could say our coaches are at fault for letting three offensive lineman go pro (and none made it), but I expect the lineman all had a lawyer in their ear sayin go pro before you get hurt. Maybe paying players to stay will help us get some fifth year senior offensive tackles, that is legal now.
ashley
The coaches tty to tell them to stay but the agents are telling the guys how good they are and how much money they could make. Don't blame the coaches.
ashley
When you sign a top quarterback it's usually two classes later that you can get a top guy. It's easy to figure out why.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.