Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

***** Official Ags vs. Pigs Game Thread *****

267,096 Views | 3395 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 500,000ags
Barnacle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm actually more concerned about the defense now. Paper tiger so far. If this is who they are, this has the potential to be a disastrous season.

Hoping to see the usual second half adjustments to embarrass me for my 1st half complaints.
cgillard
Why can't Cal throw the WRs open. He waits till they are close to open and then throws.
Come Out Roll
AG
Wait, wait, wait…
Was that Sumiln on the sidelines in the first half?????
ApachePilot
AG
That highlight replay of that long pass is infuriating. The Arkansas WR did his best Michael Irvin push off to get open. Terrible missed call.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
If we don't come back to beat Arkansas for the 10th consecutive year, the best we can hope for is a 9-3 regular season record with two additional losses to Alabama and Ole Miss. I just hope we win our other SEC home games against Mississippi State, South Carolina, and Auburn and win at least one road SEC game against Missouri. The season finale at LSU might mean the difference between 8-4 and 9-3.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
cgillard said:

Why can't Cal throw the WRs open. He waits till they are close to open and then throws.

There's no time for the WRs to get where the ball would be when everything is a laser.
MaroonStain
AG
I suck. #failboat
Aggies2009
AG
Barnacle said:

I'm actually more concerned about the defense now. Paper tiger so far. If this is who they are, this has the potential to be a disastrous season.

Hoping to see the usual second half adjustments to embarrass me for my 1st half complaints.
The defense gave up a couple long plays but played well after early 2nd quarter. I feel better about them than the O lol
Cedar09
I'm guessing he doesn't know their routes to well??
oneeyedag
Calzada in hurry up offese for a few plays here and there, would give him less time to think.

QB yips!
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
ApachePilot said:

That highlight replay of that long pass is infuriating. The Arkansas WR did his best Michael Irvin push off to get open. Terrible missed call.

It's big boy football.
RAB83
AG
Barnacle said:

Of course. It's A&M football.
gocobra
AG
what comebacks have we had on Hogs over last 9 wins?
Aggies2009
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

ApachePilot said:

It's big boy football.
I don't know where "illegally push off while refs miss a blatant call" comes into "Big Boy Football", but okay?
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
infinity ag said:

Calzada's GPA sucks. 3.28 wtf? Arky QB was near 3.9.

If you don't have a 4.0 with a kinesiology degree, something is really wrong with you.

3.28 at Mays isn't bad.
Sparkie
AG
PatAg said:

I don't think that's an accurate way to state it. He needs to recognize when he can step up in the pocket. A lot of the snaps that is not an option with what their d line is doing to our old line
And experience quarterback would still be able to make plays in a game like this where your offensive line is being manhandled

Ark is dropping 8 into coverage and getting pressure with three rushers. Where is he supposed to make a play?
KidDoc
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

If we don't come back to beat Arkansas for the 10th consecutive year, our ceiling will fall to 9-3 with two additional losses to Alabama and Ole Miss. I just hope we finally beat Auburn at Kyle Field on 11/6.
Auburn is down to Georgia State right now and, from the highlights, their tackling is a joke. I think we beat them & Ms State and Mizz.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aggies2009
AG
gocobra said:

what comebacks have we had on Hogs over last 9 wins?
Um. A lot.
RAB83
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

If we don't come back to beat Arkansas for the 10th consecutive year, our ceiling will fall to 9-3 with two additional losses to Alabama and Ole Miss. I just hope we finally beat Auburn at Kyle Field on 11/6.
You're an optimist.
OKC~Ag
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Wrong .That would be the best scenario and worse is much more worse
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Ghost of Bizbee said:

infinity ag said:

Calzada's GPA sucks. 3.28 wtf? Arky QB was near 3.9.

If you don't have a 4.0 with a kinesiology degree, something is really wrong with you.

3.28 at Mays isn't bad.
I agree with you. I graduated from Texas A&M in May 2017 with a bachelor's in accounting and masters in management information systems. My undergrad GPA was 3.46, and 3.28 at Mays is respectable.
ApachePilot
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

ApachePilot said:

It's big boy football.

So big boys can create space by pushing off? That's legal?
BlackOps
AG
Don't worry everyone. Jimbo is just playing vanilla to not show our hand too early to Alabama.
romanagg11
I really think that most of the crappy play is the lack of experience. Every new QB is different and the learning curve varies. Calzada will get better but it just takes time!
sail33or
AG
They rush 3 and get to QB. QB can't run.

They have 8 guys covering 5 receivers. Do you folks understand that.

Can't run because we are behind by 14 and probably more at some point.

Our Defense is just average. We are outcoached.

There is zero chance here. And basic football which A&M has never mastered.

Makes you see just how good Manziel really was.
Sully Dog
We need rally boobs.
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
Aggies2009
AG
romanagg11 said:

I really think that most of the crappy play is the lack of experience. Every new QB is different and the learning curve varies. Calzada will get better but it just takes time!
Yep. Two OL missing hurts too.
BenFiasco14
AG
Sully Dog said:

BenFiasco14 said:

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Artorias
AG
Aggies2009 said:

romanagg11 said:

New Qb, new OL, and calling long developing pass plays into 8 man coverage
RAB83
AG
romanagg11 said:

You mean like the way Mond improved to game manager his senior year?
tk for tu juan
Colorado St is getting pressure on Iowa with three rushers. Up 14-7
Barnacle
AG
Wow. I had no idea.
Aggies2009
AG
Artorias said:

Aggies2009 said:

romanagg11 said:

New Qb, new OL, and calling long developing pass plays into 8 man coverage
Yep. I feel like if Calzada can get timing down we can pick apart the 8-man coverage.

But can he get timing down over halftime? That's another question.
riverrataggie
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Sully Dog said:

BenFiasco14 said:

I'd tongue punch that fart box.
PatriotAg02
AG
3 down linemen for Arky, and we can't block them. The ****?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.