Story Poster
Photo by Craig Bisacre
Texas A&M Football

Texas A&M defensive end Micheal Clemons suspended indefinitely

August 27, 2021

On Friday morning, a Texas A&M Athletics spokesman confirmed that Texas A&M defensive end Micheal Clemons has been suspended indefinitely from athletics activities following an arrest earlier in the week.

Clemons, a sixth-year senior from Garland, returned for another season at Texas A&M to better his draft prospects after missing the final five games of the 2020 season with an injury. In his five starts last year, Clemons made 14 tackles, including seven solo drops, and four sacks with 26 yards in losses. In three seasons with the Aggies, Clemons has accounted for 62 tackles, 5.5 sacks and 10 tackles for loss. He redshirted in 2018.

Clemons was arrested in Brazos County on Thursday, Aug. 26, and charged with the unlawful carrying of a weapon and a failure to identify with fugitive intent by providing false information. Clemons was also booked with carrying less than two ounces of marijuana.

Texas A&M is just eight days away from beginning the 2021 season, and Clemons was expected to be a starter at defensive end.

Discussion from...

Texas A&M defensive end Micheal Clemons suspended indefinitely

49,246 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Kampfers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We need to start administering IQ tests before offering scholarships.

Of course, we probably couldn't field a team at that point...
Just Tired
talked a GREAT game when it was his time up in one of the camp press conferences... too bad he didn't translate those ideas about championship reps in practice and offseason into all his life.
Gillr11
Why can't our local police let football players go like they do in Baton Rouge
12thMan9
AG
Maybe they have more pride in what they do?
Ronnie '88
Z Team
AG
Gillr11 said:

Problem is not with the police. Problem is that he totally whiffed on his role as a leader on this team and just screwed himself out of millions of dollars.
Science Denier
AG
12thMan9 said:

Maybe they have more pride in what they do?
LOL, no. They target students. It's a money grab.

I wonder why he was pulled over in the first place?
5 4
S
First off the bus heading into the county jail.
strbrst777
Uh, let me guess why he was pulled over. Uh, probable cause.
Foxo
AG
Gillr11 said:

Why can't our players behave?
Justlookin8302
Because that doesn't teach them about life
AustonianAggie
In real life cops let you go. B/CS Cops just like getting in the news. In several cities in Texas they just throw away marijuana and don't test it. B/CS using marijuana fines to help finance themselves.
BQZip01
AG
AustonianAggie said:

In real life cops let you go. B/CS Cops just like getting in the news. In several cities in Texas they just throw away marijuana and don't test it. B/CS using marijuana fines to help finance themselves.
Yeah...not with a weapon, giving a false name, etc
If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Criminaggies
Justlookin8302
That's what I'm saying. My son plays on the team. Since when did winning football games become more important to us than developing these kids into MEN. I want my son to leave a better man than he was when he got there. Football will take care of itself. While this is tragic for this young man it is a life lesson. That he will definitely learn from. It will make him a better HUSBAND, FATHER, MAN!!!! Which is what I thought A&M was about anyway
Justlookin8302
Lol please let's not blame the cops.. if he didn't have the weed, gun, or told the truth there would be no suspension. It doesn't matter why he got pulled over. If he was clean than this would be a dead issue
redjalapeno-87
Wonder if he was headed to a drug deal or back? Did he pistol whip anybody on the head during? If not, at least that is a positive, in relation to the defensive lineman that did the pistol whipping a few years back under Summy. No violence this time, yeah!
RoadkillBBQ
Gillr11 said:

You need to reevaluate what's important in life.
And i hope for the sake of your children if you have any you begin to understand that.
My Dad Earl
AG
What a dumbass.
BeastmodeAg
AG
Any chance he's able to return this season?
AgOutsideAustin
AG
BeastmodeAg said:

Any chance he's able to return this season?

SEC SEC SEC. of course
74AnimalA
AG
BQZip01 said:

AustonianAggie said:

Well it's Not Sept 1st YET, so to carry you must have your LTC. And that LTC does cover you @$$ in the commission of a crime. Like Carrying Weed.

Then hoping Jimbo doesn't find out what happened you try to hide your identity by providing False Information.
Sponge
AG
Coastieag82
Never lie to the police. You don't have to tell them anything but if you do be sure it's the truth as you know it. Fake IDs are for bars and other private concerns, not for police. Everyone knows this don't they?
merch
Don't suspend him Jimbo. Kick him off team. I want to send my girls to ATM some day, the less of these kind running around campus the better!

He will catch on at another school and have his "second chance". Hope he does well with it.
farwellrob
AG
merch said:

Don't suspend him Jimbo. Kick him off team. I want to send my girls to ATM some day, the less of these kind running around campus the better!

He will catch on at another school and have his "second chance". Hope he does well with it.
He's a sixth-year senior. He will be off campus after this football season regardless.

As for your daughters, remember that no place is safe. Instead of trying to wrap them in bubble-wrap, just teach them to be safe.

A&M is a very safe school, especially in comparison to other large schools in the state.
TAMU74
AG
As it should be.
Do we want players that can't obey the law on our team?
Krautag81
RoadkillBBQ said:

Gillr11 said:

And i hope for the sake of your children if you have any you begin to understand that.

I believe it's called satire.
Traveler
AG
4 said:

We need to start administering IQ tests before offering scholarships.

Of course, we probably couldn't field a team at that point...
What about administering IQ tests before offeringTexAgs accounts?

Of course, we probably wouldn't have a TexAgs at that point ...
RoadkillBBQ
Krautag81 said:

RoadkillBBQ said:

Gillr11 said:

I believe it's called satire.
My apologies if that's the case but it seems every time something like this happens people fault the police.
Aggiejay512
All of you guys need to chill 2 oz is not much just two pinches. These guys are targeted because of the nil deals going on and not to mention a future in the league. Thank the lord we didn't have social media in 80 and 90s. Hitting your head every time agains an unmovable object is crazy so I expect these kids to mess up time and time again . They are men /young adults and these are life lessons just move on.

College station cops what a joke..

Aggiejay512
They don't fault the cops just make sure you do it all the time agains every race not just when you see someone driving a car that you can't afford, wearing clothes , jewelry or with a girl you can't get. Salt life is what they are feeling.
AWP 97
AG
Justlookin8302 said:

That's what I'm saying. My son plays on the team. Since when did winning football games become more important to us than developing these kids into MEN. I want my son to leave a better man than he was when he got there. Football will take care of itself. While this is tragic for this young man it is a life lesson. That he will definitely learn from. It will make him a better HUSBAND, FATHER, MAN!!!! Which is what I thought A&M was about anyway

I'm not sure you know what tragic means but I get your overall point.
AWP 97
AG
74AnimalA said:

BQZip01 said:

AustonianAggie said:

Well it's Not Sept 1st YET, so to carry you must have your LTC. And that LTC does cover you @$$ in the commission of a crime. Like Carrying Weed.

Then hoping Jimbo doesn't find out what happened you try to hide your identity by providing False Information.

Just to be clear, you don't need a LTC to carry a weapon in a vehicle you own. However, if you are committing a crime greater than a Class C traffic violation, then the unlicensed carry becomes an issue.

That may be what you were trying to say but there is always confusion when it comes to carrying a firearm in a vehicle.
cevans_40
AG
Aggiejay512 said:

They don't fault the cops just make sure you do it all the time agains every race not just when you see someone driving a car that you can't afford, wearing clothes , jewelry or with a girl you can't get. Salt life is what they are feeling.
Doubling down on stupidity with racist claims, I see
Justlookin8302
"causing or characterized by extreme distress or sorrow." that's the definition of tragic. So in this case this was tragic for this young man. It's embarrassing and look at you all. When he was putting his body on the line he was sent from the heavens but he falls from grace and you want to throw him away. He's a KID. By the way no need to try and insult my intelligence. I wasn't here for that. I was simply trying to explain how sad this situation is.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.