Story Poster
Photo by Craig Bisacre
Texas A&M Football

Texas A&M defensive end Micheal Clemons suspended indefinitely

August 27, 2021

On Friday morning, a Texas A&M Athletics spokesman confirmed that Texas A&M defensive end Micheal Clemons has been suspended indefinitely from athletics activities following an arrest earlier in the week.

Clemons, a sixth-year senior from Garland, returned for another season at Texas A&M to better his draft prospects after missing the final five games of the 2020 season with an injury. In his five starts last year, Clemons made 14 tackles, including seven solo drops, and four sacks with 26 yards in losses. In three seasons with the Aggies, Clemons has accounted for 62 tackles, 5.5 sacks and 10 tackles for loss. He redshirted in 2018.

Clemons was arrested in Brazos County on Thursday, Aug. 26, and charged with the unlawful carrying of a weapon and a failure to identify with fugitive intent by providing false information. Clemons was also booked with carrying less than two ounces of marijuana.

Texas A&M is just eight days away from beginning the 2021 season, and Clemons was expected to be a starter at defensive end.

Discussion from...

Texas A&M defensive end Micheal Clemons suspended indefinitely

49,910 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Kampfers
Bryanisbest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If one is lawfully arrested and we let him go then we've got to let all the lawfully arrested go. When is this country going to get back to a single standard of justice?
jaxisback
WC94 said:

Langenator said:

WC94 said:

Why did they search the car, if he wasn't in the car? Good lawyer should get the last 2 charges reduced. Sounds like unreasonable search and seizure.

Can you get a DWI if you are drunk trying to tamper with the boot too?
If you read the KBTX story, they searched the car because they smelled weed.

Drunk and messing with the boot would get you PI, not DWI.

So if you walk by any car that smells like weed, you are allowed to search? Must have been some really good weed too!

He ****ed up, they possibly took advantage of his lack of understanding his rights. Not defending his actions, but his life should be ruined by weed and a gun.

Can we get some NIL attorneys? Maybe the Law Hawk!
This wasn't about walking by and smelling some weed. That's a gross over-simplification of the incident.

Clemons had an arrest warrant for failure to appear. He was illegally parked.....again. His vehicle was booted and he was attempting to remove the boot. When officer's approached and asked for identification, he lied.

That's like the golden sombrero of stupidity. Any search of the vehicle for any of the above reasons is entirely reasonable. Frankly, the vehicle was subject to impoundment by virtue of the arrest warrant.

You may not like UPD or CSPD and you may have good reason, as there are probably a few bad cops in the mix. This circumstance though has nothing to do with the officers, they would have been negligent in not investigating all the surrounding circumstances.

This is unfortunate and I also hope Michael gets his business straightened out. I do not want to see him become another statistic. Throwing young people in jail for low-grade drug offenses is not something that I think benefits society or individuals. However, in this case, there's more to the story than just that. Michael is in this predicament entirely because of Michael, and no one else.
Jnclemons
And you are? You don't determine his life.
Jnclemons
Thats exactly what happened. Targeted. And he wasn't pulled over.
Jnclemons
He wasn't pulled over! Stop believing everything you see in the media.
Jnclemons
Exactly.
Jnclemons
He wasn't pulled over. They didn't search because they smelled weed. And he didn't lie about anything. This was handled very wrong and the trumped up charges is crap.
jaxisback
Jnclemons said:

He wasn't pulled over. They didn't search because they smelled weed. And he didn't lie about anything. This was handled very wrong and the trumped up charges is crap.

You very well may know more about this than anyone on the message board. If Michael was targeted or if his arrest was handled improperly, then I certainly hope those involved are disciplined to the full extent of the law. There is no place for that in any police force.

If the facts include a failure to appear warrant and it is true and correct that Michael was attempting to remove a boot, then those are important facts.

It will ultimately play out in the courts and I hope, whatever the facts are, that the final outcome is true and fair.
Jnclemons
Thug life?? And how did you come up with such a dumb ass concept? You know him to know what kinda life he's living? Because i do PERSONALLY! And he is nowhere near a "thug" what makes him that? Because he had a registered gun that belonged to him? Or because he gave his middle name and date of birth? Or maybe because he had a old ticket that was paid from 2018 and had a warrant and knew nothing about it. Or....oh the less then 2 grams of weed charge..well no because then everyone would be a thug...hmmmmm....well I'll wait for you to explain....
Jnclemons
You sound stupid as hell!! I swear people and their dumb ass assumptions. I guess you know him to know he was raised without a dad and was raised by the neighborhood thug? Ignorance at its finest.
EliteZags
AG
suit him up

this is SEC football not the damn boyscouts
Agsuffering@bulaw
Clemons was lucky not getting charged for tampering with the boot.

Cops claim all the time that they smell weed. I doubt it, but, it it is nearly impossible to disprove and they will get the benefit of the doubt.

Clemons turned several small mistakes into a big mistake. He probably could have made a phone call or two and it would have been handled.
Jnclemons
"These kind"...and what "kind" are you?
Jnclemons
Says who? You? Lol...and you are??
Shoefly!
AG
I'm hoping Clemons lights it up on the field. Let's get back to football.
cheeky
AG
Jnclemons….you are in no position to distribute facts of the case on a message board or otherwise I suspect. Your opinion is clearly jaded and your behavior is so tiring and reeks of convenient "victim" rhetoric. The fact is MC created his own problems, much to the detriment of the team and University that supports him. I hope he gets things back on track for his own benefit. I enjoy watching him play football because he can help this team win and that's to my benefit. So we each have a perspective but yours is misplaced on this board as a protectionist who apparently came here just to start a fight. Bad Bull.
Jnclemons
All that and still didn't say nothing…
lead
Jnclemons said:

All that and still didn't say nothing…
actually, wall street's post is very levelheaded and hard to disagree with.

What it says to me is that apparently MC made choices that put him in the current situation. So maybe he should look in the mirror to focus on what is within his control. The fact that he's back playing is encouraging and tells me that the actual details of the incident are not awful and hopefully it's something all involved can learn from.
Jnclemons
My Name Is Judge
Clemen's mom is named Jan & she posts in the zoo

Tell #2 to toke up a big bowl for me…. I gave the stuff up a few years ago
Jnclemons
I'm sure it's your girls that you will have to worry about and not because of Clemons
Raptor
AG
Jnclemons said:

I'm sure it's your girls that you will have to worry about and not because of Clemons

What's going on here? No posts on this thread for 7 months and then a reply to a post from the first page.

Is Clemons doing okay?
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

OrygunAg
AG
Off season oldies bumps
dixichkn
AG
Raptor said:

Jnclemons said:

What's going on here? No posts on this thread for 7 months and then a reply to a post from the first page.

Is Clemons doing okay?
Well, being as he's about to be taken in the draft in the next 48-72 hours I'd say he's prob doing fine
e=mc2
AG
I wish Clemons much success!
Kampfers
AG
Bryant03 said:

Aggiejay512 said:

All of you guys need to chill 2 oz is not much just two pinches. These guys are targeted because of the nil deals going on and not to mention a future in the league. Thank the lord we didn't have social media in 80 and 90s. Hitting your head every time agains an unmovable object is crazy so I expect these kids to mess up time and time again . They are men /young adults and these are life lessons just move on.

College station cops what a joke..

"Two pinches"? Buahaha Have you ever seen 2 oz of weed? If he smokes blunts (cigar filled) then that's like 10plus per oz. hardly a pinch. That's like two big sacks of weed.
first: gun + drugs + false name = mega stupid, don't get me wrong

But it's highly unlikely that he had 2 oz of weed in the car

This is a flaw in the current criminal statute - the law is written such that anyone having anywhere between 0-2oz of weed is treated the same. As you point out, 2oz is quite a lot. But he might have had half a gram and he would have had the same charge. Which is ridiculous, but whatever.

And that's also one of the problems with UPD/CSPD. They absolutely will **** you over for a half g or less (even without the other circumstances of this arrest being present). Football player or no. Which is absurd, particularly when compared to enforcement in Austin (where it is already basically not enforced at all, and completely eliminating police enforcement for low level mj offenses is on the ballot this may). And some people will get upset about the comparison to Austin (rabble rabble rabble libruls) but it's particularly relevant since they are our biggest in-state recruiting rival.

edit - didn't realize someone lazarus'd this thread, but the point stands

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.