Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Would it be illegal to....

15,515 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Gilligan
Shadow of CuervoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
...have a person's ashes spread out on Kyle Field??

I'm weighing the options of being cremated or the traditional six feet under and instead of collecting dust in an urn on the mantle, I'd like to make myself useful. Plus, I'd love to be responsible for an assisted tackle of an Aggie opponent from the great beyond.
jb 00
Why would you worry about it?

You would be dead.
STX Ag
AG
Kozmozag
Who ever the spreader is needs to worry about it...lol
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
https://www.neptunesociety.com/cremation-information-articles/what-are-the-laws-on-scattering-ashes

From that site:
Quote:

In most states, ashes can be scattered over land on private property with the permission of the owner or on public lands with permission of the governing agency. For example, Texas law states that a person may scatter cremated remains over uninhabited public land, over a public waterway or sea, or on the private property of a consenting owner. Texas law also states that unless the container is biodegradable, the cremated remains must be removed from the container before being scattered.

-----------------------
Truth without love is brutality. Love without truth is compromise.
You have a messed value system.
"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
UrbanDecay
AG
Corn Pop
BMX Bandit
I guarantee you won't go to jail
alamogeorge
AG
Define "illegal."
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
vansprinkle
AG
Shadow of CuervoAg said:

I'm weighing the options of being cremated or the traditional six feet under and instead of collecting dust in an urn on the mantle, I'd like to make myself useful. Plus, I'd love to be responsible for an assisted tackle of an Aggie opponent from the great beyond.

I'm in the same boat. Put some on Kyle and a little around campus. I'd also like to be scattered in the mountains, our lake house, and the beach. That way my family can visit me anytime and have a good time while doing it.
Luke The Drifter
AG

DDP
Luke The Drifter
AG
vansprinkle said:

I'm in the same boat. Put some on Kyle and a little around campus. I'd also like to be scattered in the mountains, our lake house, and the beach. That way my family can visit me anytime and have a good time while doing it.

Username checks out.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Will Hunt

Might as well just do it in a fly over and crop dust the campus if your gonna do "a little here and a little there"
P.H. Dexippus
AG
rootube
AG
Shadow of CuervoAg said:

You could leave instructions to use your ashes to fill in the bevel and become a Texags legend.
gigemags-99
AG
I heard if you do it without permission, the maintenance crew will vacuum up your ashes, take them to Austin, and spread them around the area where sip students have their "Dildos, Not Guns" protests.

Strong deterrent
Flashdiaz
AG
your ashes on a field aren't going to help squat. I plan on having someone distribute my ashes to select players on offense and defense to use at a pivotal point of a game...

Ian Neff
AG
Outstanding
Ian Neff
AG
Also excellent
TyperWoods
Have one of your survivors carry the ashes in their pockets and Shawshank it after a game.
JW
AG
Pocket sand
hunter2012
AG
haybob15 said:

Just have them added to the chili at your wake.
That a way they can take a part of you with them wherever they go...
aggiebrad94
AG
No. Your "ashes" are not a fine mist. They include bits and chunks of bone that will ruin a mower.

I know this from listening to Billy Pickard talk about one day.
TxAg76
AG
hunter2012 said:

haybob15 said:

Yeah, and crap you out later
Propane & Accessories
AG
Save it for next year when we bear Bama

Cremation Ashes dumped at Auburn after their upset win over Bama
AWP 97
AG
It's only illegal if you get caught. Kind of like crossing the border.
Z Team
AG
hunter2012 said:

haybob15 said:

Fart dispersion.
TxAg76
AG
TyperWoods said:

Have one of your survivors carry the ashes in their pockets and Shawshank it after a game.

Reminds me of a joke:
Why do bald guys have holes in their pockets?

So they can run their fingers thru their hair....
HelloUncleNateFitch
Step 1: have someone attend maroon and white game
Step 2: have them go on field after game when announced
Step 3: have them shake ashes from pants while walking a la Shawshank redemption. Mission accomplished.

Note: make sure designated person is female because it's still not ok to be in a dude pants even if you're ashes.
Fat Bib Fortuna
Your next of kin just want their money after you croak. Your urn will be in a closet for 15 years, then sold at a garage sale.
cuppycup
AG
vansprinkle said:

Shadow of CuervoAg said:

username checks out
Divining Rod
If you're Catholic, no. Although cremation is permitted, the ashes must not be scattered, or kept for display. I believe they must be buried, with appropriate ceremony and dignity (my words).
MurphyMID
Just have them loaded into the cannon when no one is looking...
aeon-ag
Shadow of CuervoAg said:

Gobble, gobble, gobble!!!!!! Your gobbled up with the sophmorish gung ho
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.