Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Would it be illegal to....

15,484 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Gilligan
Meximan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Usually questions that start off with, "Is it illegal to--" don't end well.

But good stuff in this thread.
King
AG
MurphyMID said:

Just have them loaded into the cannon when no one is looking...
Ok this would be pretty Bad A*s
Azariah
AG
Flashdiaz said:

your ashes on a field aren't going to help squat. I plan on having someone distribute my ashes to select players on offense and defense to use at a pivotal point of a game...

Or did you mean this?

Gilligan
AG
Texas is a "Don't ask, don't tell state"

You won't be prosecuted. Just be discreet.

SgtBarbarossa
Flashdiaz said:

your ashes on a field aren't going to help squat. I plan on having someone distribute my ashes to select players on offense and defense to use at a pivotal point of a game...

Immediately made me think of this... maroon mist to the eyes would be intimidating as hell
Sq 17
I have seen stories of people getting Thrown out of the park for trying to spread ashes at Disney World
Hop Sing
Imagine the 12 th man foundation will allow for a large donation.
vansprinkle
AG
Will Hunt said:

Might as well just do it in a fly over and crop dust the campus if your gonna do "a little here and a little there"

Since when did we get mountains and beaches in CS?
jb 00
Not quite ashes, but something similar...

https://magazine.tcu.edu/spring-2000/growing-rivalry/

BrownDeerAggie
AG
As a pastor, I have been involved with an undisclosed number of families with this request. They were told "no" by the powers that be in the university and athletic department. I made a phone call to a certain person in the athletic department I knew and was told to pass along to the family that they are not permitted to scatter ashes on Kyle Field. However, should one or two members of the family arrive around 3 am at a certain gate, the gate may or may not be locked. Also that sprinklers may or may not water the field before daylight that morning.
MouthBQ98
AG
Do it great escape style:

BQ_90
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Do it great escape style:

this would work after spring game for sure, they let you on the field afterwards
The Dirty Sock
Shawshank it, Andy. Shawshank it.

FIDO 96
AG
I want to go into a Dyson and then the nearest trash can. Pretty much my work will be done here.
bulverdeaggie93
AG
this thread does not disappoint
Divining Rod
Depends. If they're still alive when you start the process- highly illegal.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
I want JFF to snort my ashes.
AG
Corn Pop said:

Great life advice
azul_rain
the spirit of 03 is the way i want to go
WC94
AG
Shadow of CuervoAg said:

...have a person's ashes spread out on Kyle

Nobody wants your dead ass on Kyle Field!
Credible Source
AG
These ideas of being spread around are weird to me. I told my wife cremate me and throw the ashes in the trash. I'm gone, the body I leave behind is meaningless
JimAggie
AG
Illegal is a sick bird...but it might be unlawful...like a white lie kinda unlawful...you know, just barely unlawful.

Shawshank it!
JoeAggie5
I hate to break it do you but when Kyle was turf, unless it was raining those ashes didn't stay. Now grass on the other hand, that might work.
itsyourboypookie
I'll dump you on the 50 before Bama on game day.

But I wants to get paid 10k cash upfront.

Username at gmail
Pioneer
MurphyMID said:

Just have them loaded into the cannon when no one is looking...

Best idea ever!!!!
TJM90
Damn. Just thought about that for the first time tonight
dixichkn
AG
My wife is already under instruction to leave a little bit of me on Kyle Field when I'm gone. I figure as much time, money, heart, soul and agony as this program has cost me, the least they can let me do is fertilize a little bit of midfield
EagleAg
AG
When the redo the turn every few years you won't be on Kyle ant more and may end up in a landfill or something.
Shoefly!
AG
BrownDeerAggie said:

As a pastor, I have been involved with an undisclosed number of families with this request. They were told "no" by the powers that be in the university and athletic department. I made a phone call to a certain person in the athletic department I knew and was told to pass along to the family that they are not permitted to scatter ashes on Kyle Field. However, should one or two members of the family arrive around 3 am at a certain gate, the gate may or may not be locked. Also that sprinklers may or may not water the field before daylight that morning.

Hire the Huey helicopter guy! Drop your loved ones ashes and get an aerial view of campus at the same time. Win/win!
StinkyPinky
AG
You would be picked and eaten out of the dirt by The Grackle. How Aggies is that?!
Craigy
vansprinkle said:

Shadow of CuervoAg said:

...have a person's ashes spread out on Kyle Field??

I'm weighing the options of being cremated or the traditional six feet under and instead of collecting dust in an urn on the mantle, I'd like to make myself useful. Plus, I'd love to be responsible for an assisted tackle of an Aggie opponent from the great beyond.

I'm in the same boat. Put some on Kyle and a little around campus. I'd also like to be scattered in the mountains, our lake house, and the beach. That way my family can visit me anytime and have a good time while doing it.
Username matches
Ag in ATL
AG
"the cremated remains must be removed from the container before being scattered."

Bill Engvall: "Here's your sign"

Jeff Foxworthy: "If you have your ashes scattered in a container, you might have been a redneck"
AgTrip
Flush you from the zone club!
greg.w.h
AG
You might be a redneck if you have them throw your corpse in bonfire to spread your ashes across the BCS area.
whatthehey78
AG
alamogeorge said:

Define "illegal."
I've heard "it depends on what the meaning of "is" is."
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.