Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jimbo get your QB off Twitter...

37,227 Views | 205 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by levypantsEOY
Slicer97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't think anyone has an issue with Mond voicing his political opinions. I think a lot of us have an issue with him labeling a large portion of the fan base as racists because they don't share his opinion concerning a statue.
TXAggie2011
AG
Slicer97 said:

I don't think anyone has an issue with Mond voicing his political opinions.
Lol.
Slicer97
AG
As I stated earlier, it's not that he voiced his opinion. It's that he basically said you're a racist if you disagreed with his opinion.
TXAggie2011
AG
Ok. I'll repeat what I said earlier with a slight modification.

Jimbo isn't benching Kellen Mond or anyone for their political opinions, including "basically saying anyone who disagrees with them is a racist." Full stop.

What does "basically say" mean, anyways.
TXAggie2011
AG
fightinag said:

Jimbo needs to grow a set, hold a team meeting with the message that ANY political rambling DURING football season will result in Instant dismissal from the team.........and loss of scholarship........for disruptive conduct !
Either they will shut up and play or quit and resign with Blinn
And this post, among others, by the way, continues to get starred.
SuperAg09
AG
Is it true that Mond has his own "area" of the locker room and is not with the rest of the team? I have heard this from a couple of different people.
Slamn Sharpe
Slicer97 said:

As I stated earlier, it's not that he voiced his opinion. It's that he basically said you're a racist if you disagreed with his opinion.

Its probably not so much his opinion. Its more about supporting someone with the nickname "negro killer"

Foxo
AG
I'm surprised the Ausbon was able to miss 15 days of practice without being kicked off the team. Sounds like Fisher is running a loose ship or running scared.

Some teams are not playing this year because of Covid. Perhaps we should take the year off because of race politics.
Get Off My Lawn
McDadeTXAggie said:

Slicer97 said:

Its probably not so much his opinion. Its more about supporting someone with the nickname "negro killer"

Ah yes, a nickname so famous and representative of the man that it was immortalized in Granger Smith's line: "put a penny on Negro Killer, and wish me some luck."

GTFOOH with that idiocy. His statue stands for his positive contributions. We don't have random Confederates memorialized around campus - we have a few pillars of the institution who are honored as such who also happened to serve their state in the Confederacy during that period.

And that 'nickname' was so trivial that it was either never commonly used or soundly forgotten for generations. But then again - its the anthropologist way to dig up a mole hill and make it a mountain.
Canvasback
AG
Tegrity123 said:

lmao. Who are these adult babies needing diapers? AD and Fisher are amazing. Thankfully not letting us fall behind Bama or Tu when it comes to representing the players and their lives. We'd still not have cheerleaders for the televisions if it wasn't for you elderly goofballs. Oh, wait. That's only allowed for basketball?
TxAg76
AG
fightinag said:

Jimbo needs to grow a set, hold a team meeting with the message that ANY political rambling DURING football season will result in Instant dismissal from the team.........and loss of scholarship........for disruptive conduct !

Right......
So let's say Jimbo does what you're saying....
Then Mond gets booted....
Then Mond retaliates, accusing Jimbo of using his position to continue to suppress black people and their voice....

How the hell you think that plays out??
valvemonkey91
AG
Aggie football is dead to me. I hope the team goes 0-10. Never in a million years would I have thought I would hate TAMU. The leadership in every aspect of the university is so detached from the alumni base, it's staggering. It has become as foreign to me as tu. I feel sorry for my sons who are both current students and have to witness this crap.
85AustinAg
AG
Quote:

It is understandable. He's just a generation or two away from a time where there was widespread systemic discrimination against Black people. That created a lot of justifiable resentment. It takes a lot of time for those feelings to dissipate from the black community. Damn our ignorant ancestors for treating minorities that way.
If you have any interest in at least trying to understand the perspective of some of these kids, this is stating the situation pretty well and pretty clearly. This is how I think they see it and don't understand why some get so up in arms on the other side of this.
AggieBlu
AG
Yah Kellen Mond! Got these working class adults up in arms on social media over something that don't care to understand!!!!
I will never understand how someone can tell so many lies and not feel bad about it...
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
AggieBlu said:

Yah Kellen Mond! Got these working class adults up in arms on social media over something that don't care to understand!!!!
Your sig demonstrates your cognitive ability.
infinity ag
valvemonkey91 said:

Aggie football is dead to me. I hope the team goes 0-10. Never in a million years would I have thought I would hate TAMU. The leadership in every aspect of the university is so detached from the alumni base, it's staggering. It has become as foreign to me as tu. I feel sorry for my sons who are both current students and have to witness this crap.

Do you do that to your parents too?
AGHouston11
AG
valvemonkey91 said:

I think you are definitely not alone.
Spyderman
AG
Trust the Process
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
MaroonSpirit
AG
Who put that sign in front of Sully? And why is it still there?
Nonregdrummer09
AG
MaroonSpirit said:

Who put that sign in front of Sully? And why is it still there?

The sign was out there by YoungDemsBCS, their President is the same one who damaged the seal with industrial chalk. We know that because it was actually stolen at one point and had to be recovered and they reported it as theirs on Twitter.
Hendrix
AG
#neveranotherdime
Foxo
AG
Why I will not attend an Aggie game this year.

A&M Freshman redshirt sprinter Jamal Walton from Miami, Florida, declared that the Old Ags guarding the statue were "sucking Sully's dick." When challenged by an older gentleman, Walton pressed, "I will beat your butt, bro!"
Hendrix
AG
That diploma mill is a shell of why I loved going there. Sad deal. I may never set foot on campus again if they keep it up. **** the administration and all the woke liberals. Have fun paying for that stadium.
Slamn Sharpe
RSP715 said:

#neveranotherdime

Don't let the door hit you on the way out and don't come back
30wedge
TxAg76 said:

fightinag said:

Right......
Then Mond retaliates, accusing Jimbo of using his position to continue to suppress black people and their voice....

Then are all coaches to be frightened from doing anything to black football players from now on? Out of fear of retaliation and how that might look and play out and such?
Hendrix
AG
I won't. Have fun with the liberal diploma mill and woke football team.
BuddysBud
AG
30wedge said:

TxAg76 said:

fightinag said:

Right......

Then are all coaches to be frightened from doing anything to black football players from now on? Out of fear of retaliation and how that might look and play out and such?

Sad if true.
Just Tired
Foxo said:

Why I will not attend an Aggie game this year.

A&M Freshman redshirt sprinter Jamal Walton from Miami, Florida, declared that the Old Ags guarding the statue were "sucking Sully's dick." When challenged by an older gentleman, Walton pressed, "I will beat your butt, bro!"

it's why i won't attend a track-and-field event... oh wait, i never have.

now if they want to start eliminating some costs... candidate 1-A... and that despite the relatively good performance of henry's program.
Slamn Sharpe
RSP715 said:

A&M is not a liberal institution and never will be. Just because someone contemplates removing a statue of a person nicknamed "negro killer" doesn't make them liberal. Its them getting with the times. We arent living in the 1940s. Oh... and the negro killer still stands, so there's that
Hendrix
AG
What % of professors today are flaming liberals? 90%?
Nonregdrummer09
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

RSP715 said:

A&M is not a liberal institution and never will be. Just because someone contemplates removing a statue of a person nicknamed "negro killer" doesn't make them liberal. Its them getting with the times. We arent living in the 1940s. Oh... and the negro killer still stands, so there's that

Slamn Sharpe
RSP715 said:

What % of professors today are flaming liberals? 90%?

So professors are all that matters? Do you even know the percentage?
Slamn Sharpe
Nonregdrummer09 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

RSP715 said:

Did you or any of the other "no anothet dime" cry babies ever consider that you actually got what you wanted? I mean the statue is there. Not much has actually changed. Its as if there was no tolerance for them to even express what they wanted or how they felt.

Its silly
Nonregdrummer09
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

Nonregdrummer09 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

RSP715 said:

Did you or any of the other "no anothet dime" cry babies ever consider that you actually got what you wanted? I mean the statue is there. Not much has actually changed. Its as if there was no tolerance for them to even express what they wanted or how they felt.

Its silly

I'm perfectly fine with Mond expressing how he feels.

Doesn't mean he's right, but it's how he feels.
Slamn Sharpe
Nonregdrummer09 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

Nonregdrummer09 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

RSP715 said:

Its silly

I'm perfectly fine with Mond expressing how he feels.

Doesn't mean he's right, but it's how he feels.

Couldn't have said it better myself

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.