Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jimbo get your QB off Twitter...

37,267 Views | 205 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by levypantsEOY
samhoustonag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saxsoon said:

fightinag said:

As someone who bleeds maroon and white since childhood I never thought the day would come where I despise TAMU because of a single low talent player dishonoring the school I love,
Grow a set JIMBO,,,,read Mond the riot act.
If he doesn't get the message...bench his ass and use this season to see who next years starting qb will be
Not like you'd be benching a heisman caliber quarterback...... and the team will walk the line for you

Yes benching your starting black qb with a team predominantly black will go over well with the players and the media
That is why he gets paid the big bucks.
TyperWoods
Turns out, not only is Mond too slow in making decisions, he's too bad at making decisions also.

Can't wait for him to fade to oblivion.
Foxo
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

Also once the season starts this will all go away from the public eye. Until Mond has a bad game or a bone-headed decision or INT and the response will be "I guess he was too busy protesting a statue to learn that play, even though he walked by that statue 1000x in 2 years with no problems whatsoever....."
He's an athlete. Perhaps he doesn't actually walk to class.
TxAg76
AG
BrotherChad said:

TxAg76 said:

fightinag said:

As someone who bleeds maroon and white since childhood I never thought the day would come where I despise TAMU because of a single low talent player dishonoring the school I love,
If he doesn't get the message...bench his ass and use this season to see who next years starting qb will be
Not like you'd be benching a heisman caliber quarterback...... and the team will walk the line for you

Dude....majority of team is black, and regardless of what Jimbo says/does, and regardless if he's right/wrong, I'm 99.99% sure they'd side with Mond on this no matter what

Majority of those who actually make the football team a financial possibility are white or white hispanic, so of regardless of what Jimbo says or does, they may be pulling their money anyway.

True, but that's not what's being discussed.
C2 Ag 93
For those Mondpologists... It matters what the mindset is of the person offering their opinion. Mond lost all credibility when he made it known he follows a violent, race-based hate group whose affiliates shot up a synagogue in December.

For those that want to say "free speech", he actually has no right to leverage the A&M brand to express his opinion. The University has the right to have him not use the A&M logo, helmet, and such in making political speech.

But getting back to my earlier point. If a white QB re-tweeted a post by the KKK, what would happen? Then why should we give Mond any respect for doing the same with a black group that is every much just as evil?

Sorry, Mondpologists. You're wrong.
TxAg76
AG
Slicer97 said:

TxAg76 said:

fightinag said:

Dude....majority of team is black, and regardless of what Jimbo says/does, and regardless if he's right/wrong, I'm 99.99% sure they'd side with Mond on this no matter what

Because assuming a bunch of individuals share Mond's opinion simply because they share the same skin color isn't racist at all.

No. It's awareness. Given society's racial stresses right now, yes, I'd expect majority of black players siding with Mond. And I'd expect the few that might not would get immense peer pressure and Uncle Tom criticisms.
shalackin
AG
If Fisher benched Mond, which would make me extremely happy, he would get absolutely crucified by the media. And it would probably cost him his job. Especially if done before plying and for a reason other than play.

Mond sucks though. On and off the field.
Slicer97
AG
I don't care what he does this season. I'll happy when Mond ain't our QB. I'll pull for him when he apologizes for calling anyone who wants Sully to remain in place a racist. Until then, he's welcome to STFU and hand the ball off.
Aggie4242
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

singapore_sling said:

Gump 02 said:

Mond is well within his 1st amendment rights to say whatever he wants, whenever he wants. And it is your right to disagree. To tell anyone to "shut up and focus on ... " is either moronic or bullying.

Couldn't agree more. Our football players have their right to free speech. People who disagree with that apparently need their own safe space where no one disagrees with their views.
FB players have a right to sound off - so do we !

At least the players have the balls to put their names behind their opinions.

You cowards hide behind fake names and keyboards. Maybe once you all put your real names behind your opinions people will care what you say.
Spyderman
AG
Still listening here...What do we do as a nation to right any wrongs or perceived wrongs? Tweets and riots will not hack it.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
fightinag
BossAgs said:

I do not understand why you are so upset. Are you white?
No
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
Old Tom Morris
I can't caution enough to be careful about casually throwing around claims of racism. Especially in the workplace.
Schall 02
AG
Inputs = outputs
Sparkie
AG
Aggie4242 said:

singapore_sling said:

Gump 02 said:

Mond is well within his 1st amendment rights to say whatever he wants, whenever he wants. And it is your right to disagree. To tell anyone to "shut up and focus on ... " is either moronic or bullying.

Couldn't agree more. Our football players have their right to free speech. People who disagree with that apparently need their own safe space where no one disagrees with their views.

You cowards hide behind fake names and keyboards. Maybe once you all put your real names behind your opinions people will care what you say.

So you're saying your opinion doesnt mean *****
Good call!
Aggie4242
Sparkie said:

Aggie4242 said:

singapore_sling said:

Gump 02 said:

So you're saying your opinion doesnt mean *****
Good call!

Nice deflection. Not surprised, since this is the intellectual engagement you get from people that are willing to bash college football players political beliefs, but don't have the spine to put their name behind their beliefs.

So tell me, do you actually believe what you say? Are you willing to put your name on it? Or are you just emoting/bleeding all over the place?

Before your witty "yea but you too" retort, do note that I'm not bashing a named college player with a counter-opinion that I'm not adamant enough to put my own name behind.
Craigy
The United States of America freed the slaves. Blacks and whites bought slaves. Blacks and white sold slaves. Blacks and whites owned slaves. Blacks and whites fought for the Union. Blacks and whites fought for the confederacy. In half the country Hispanics are the majority. The work, have high family values and own businesses. They don't give a ***** Chinese have come and bought massive amounts of the United States including rural Texas. The Vietnamese own 95 percent of the nail salons and 70 percent of the massage. business. 90 percent of the immigrants value family life and good to excellent work ethics. Indians and Arabic's are Americas ' doctors. Guess what all these group give no ****s bout blm..
Spyderman
AG
CraigSU84 said:

The United States of America freed the slaves. Blacks and whites bought slaves. Blacks and white sold slaves. Blacks and whites owned slaves. Blacks and whites fought for the Union. Blacks and whites fought for the confederacy. In half the country Hispanics are the majority. The work, have high family values and own businesses. They don't give a ***** Chinese have come and bought massive amounts of the United States including rural Texas. The Vietnamese own 95 percent of the nail salons and 70 percent of the massage. business. 90 percent of the immigrants value family life and good to excellent work ethics. Indians and Arabic's are Americas ' doctors. Guess what all these group give no ****s bout blm..
It's pretty clear we (whoever that may be..) made a terrible, terrible mistake getting involved in the slave trade.

Now, where do we go from here? The uncivilized rioting must stop. I would hate to see our military have to get involved.

Those who have been afforded a platform need to offer productive ideas concerning this IMO. Anything else is just making the situation worse IMO.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Memphis 7
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
2004FIGHTINTXAG said:

I guess we can't disagree with Mond anymore. He has his 1st amendment right and nobody on here can disagree with him.
You can disagree all you want, it just gets lame and old seeing it over and over.

If you hate what the guy has to say on Twitter so much, why don't you stop reading his stuff on Twitter?

C@LAg
MuckRaker96 said:

2004FIGHTINTXAG said:

I guess we can't disagree with Mond anymore. He has his 1st amendment right and nobody on here can disagree with him.
You can disagree all you want, it just gets lame and old seeing it over and over.

If you hate what the guy has to say on Twitter so much, why don't you stop reading his stuff on Twitter?

you should follow your own advice re: reading things over and over you do not like.
Right Rigger
We went out and broke the bank for a coach and this is the product we got. What a **** show.
Aggie_Swag18
The cancel culture is strong in this thread.
Any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still know where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
C@LAg said:

MuckRaker96 said:

2004FIGHTINTXAG said:

you should follow your own advice re: reading things over and over you do not like.
This is the football board. The boo-hoo board is down the dial about 11 spots.
ComeBackAg
AG
Has dear team leader done any press interviews this fall? He is a 4 year starting QB, shouldn't he be taking questions from the press? He still wants the Corps defunded right?

All you jock sniffers need to a grow a pear. Just because someone can throw a ball better that 99.9% of the population doesn't make him smart or philosophical.
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
ComeBackAg said:

Just because someone can throw a ball better that 99.9% of the population doesn't make him smart or philosophical.
Wait, now who are we talking about?
Gunny456
AG
But the difference is you said " he has a right to say what he wants". Then you say " you have the right to disagree". What you did not say is " you cannot disagree by saying anything because then you are a racist for saying something". Double standard.
lil_frog8
AG
I'm ok with anyone who disagrees with Mond and does so factually as Mond has presented factual points to support his stance. Those of you that continue to say Jimbo should step in or bench him for having an opinion are delusional. That would be the same as your boss firing you or removing you from your position because you have the opposite opinion. Mond's views have no bearing on his athletic performance. Maybe Mond should tell everyone to shut up and cheer!
Buck Turgidson
Jimbo has made it clear he will not enforce any discipline, ever. That was known when we hired him. We made a costly mistake. Jimbo needs to go somewhere else. I'm sure Baylor would love him.
mitchdpm
AG
I think Mond mouthed off and sided with BLM because he is not smart and I also believe he is a subpar leader and quarterback. I don't think he knows history (or present, for that matter) and is even ignorant to his own genealogy. My name is Bryan "Mitch" Revelle. I am a proud member of the class of 1991. I love Texas A&M and I think Fisher is going to take us to the top.
C@LAg
mitchdpm said:

I think Mond mouthed off and sided with BLM because he is not smart and I also believe he is as subpar leader and quarterback. I don't think he knows history (or present, for that matter) and is even ignorant to his own genealogy. My name is Bryan "Mitch" Revelle. I am a proud member of the class of 1991. I love Texas A&M and I think Fisher is going to take us to the top.
"his story"
Oldfart2
Jarrin' Jay said:

Also once the season starts this will all go away from the public eye. Until Mond has a bad game or a bone-headed decision or INT and the response will be "I guess he was too busy protesting a statue to learn that play, even though he walked by that statue 1000x in 2 years with no problems whatsoever....."
So you're saying after the first game.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
lil_frog8 said:

I'm ok with anyone who disagrees with Mond and does so factually as Mond has presented factual points to support his stance.

Uh, no he has not. He has said repeatedly if you don't agree with him (about Sully statue) you are ignorant and racist. That is not a factual point, it is an opinion, a bigoted, closed-minded opinion.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Oldfart2 said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

So you're saying after the first game.

Sometime mid first series vs. Bama. I hope he doesn't get taunted with Aunt Jemima syrup bottles and is so offended he can't play...... or maybe I do.
C@LAg
lil_frog8 said:

I'm ok with anyone who disagrees with Mond and does so factually as Mond has presented factual points to support his stance.
what the what?
geb83
AG
If he has so much hate for this university to which he committed, and feels so strongly that its origin as a military school, that still boasts 2000+ cadets carrying on that military tradition, is so unforgivably racists now, and in its origin, then he should leave school now. Come on Kellen, man up.

Quit with the lame talk to get likes on your social media, make a statement and move on.

Otherwise, I'll continue to believe he's trying to become the next Kaepernick (sp), knowing he won't make it in the NFL, and is trying to become the latest SJW victim hero.

Seriously, if I had that talent, yet had so much animosity toward my school, thinking it was so horrible in its past, then I would have no choice but NOT to continue to play for it.

Come on Kellen, man up. Move on.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.