Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jimbo get your QB off Twitter...

37,025 Views | 205 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by levypantsEOY
Nonregdrummer09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

Nonregdrummer09 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

Nonregdrummer09 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

RSP715 said:

I won't. Have fun with the liberal diploma mill and woke football team.

A&M is not a liberal institution and never will be. Just because someone contemplates removing a statue of a person nicknamed "negro killer" doesn't make them liberal. Its them getting with the times. We arent living in the 1940s. Oh... and the negro killer still stands, so there's that

Did you or any of the other "no anothet dime" cry babies ever consider that you actually got what you wanted? I mean the statue is there. Not much has actually changed. Its as if there was no tolerance for them to even express what they wanted or how they felt.

Its silly

I'm perfectly fine with Mond expressing how he feels.

Doesn't mean he's right, but it's how he feels.

Couldn't have said it better myself

I'm not part of the not another dime crowd, I ain't got that many dimes, but you asked a question about the negro killer thing and I answered it, that is my sole contribution to this discussion.
Slamn Sharpe
Obviously I have not given up on the team. But for the record, I believe Sully needs to be placed in a museum. I also wish a huge hole would open up and swallow 95% of BLM
tmaggies
AG
Pretty opinionated already for a kid in High School.....
Gump 02
AG
2billfighter said:

stfu!

Great argument!
Gump 02
AG
BuddysBud said:

TMF would be smart to step up and tell Mond to stop because it is hurting their ability to raise donations and sell tickets. Pulling his scholarship because his actions are hurting the school and the athletic department would not be out of line nor would it violate his first amendment rights. Rights come with responsibilities.

This is a reasonable argument. Relating consequences of Mond's actions to a direct effect. It would be advisable for the University to draft new rules to guide our young players to act responsibly and professionally. It would be helpful to have a PR assistant to help the players refine sensitive messages to help get their point across without hurting those around them.
greg.w.h
AG
Gump 02 said:

BuddysBud said:

TMF would be smart to step up and tell Mond to stop because it is hurting their ability to raise donations and sell tickets. Pulling his scholarship because his actions are hurting the school and the athletic department would not be out of line nor would it violate his first amendment rights. Rights come with responsibilities.

This is a reasonable argument. Relating consequences of Mond's actions to a direct effect. It would be advisable for the University to draft new rules to guide our young players to act responsibly and professionally. It would be helpful to have a PR assistant to help the players refine sensitive messages to help get their point across without hurting those around them.
If the fan base self-immolates so easily, what is an extremely slow-footed TMF likely to achieve other than appearing to sponsor propaganda against the people donating to them?
TxAg76
AG
30wedge said:

TxAg76 said:

fightinag said:

Jimbo needs to grow a set, hold a team meeting with the message that ANY political rambling DURING football season will result in Instant dismissal from the team.........and loss of scholarship........for disruptive conduct !
Either they will shut up and play or quit and resign with Blinn

Right......
So let's say Jimbo does what you're saying....
Then Mond gets booted....
Then Mond retaliates, accusing Jimbo of using his position to continue to suppress black people and their voice....

How the hell you think that plays out??
Then are all coaches to be frightened from doing anything to black football players from now on? Out of fear of retaliation and how that might look and play out and such?

Afraid? Never.
Cautious and calculated with their next steps, for the time being? Yes.
30wedge
TxAg76 said:

30wedge said:

TxAg76 said:

fightinag said:

Jimbo needs to grow a set, hold a team meeting with the message that ANY political rambling DURING football season will result in Instant dismissal from the team.........and loss of scholarship........for disruptive conduct !

Right......
Then Mond retaliates, accusing Jimbo of using his position to continue to suppress black people and their voice....

Then are all coaches to be frightened from doing anything to black football players from now on? Out of fear of retaliation and how that might look and play out and such?

Afraid? Never.
So the coaches are going to be brave and not afraid nor fearful. But unable to do anything about it. Time being? How long do you expect this will last or will it be "give an inch, take a mile" sort of thing?
ironmanag
AG
Mond has the absolute right to say and think what he wants and I will defend that that right.

However, I have the right to disgaree and take my money elsewhere.

Rights and freedoms work both ways.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
ironmanag said:

... and take my money elsewhere.

How much are we talking about here?
"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
ironmanag
AG
33 said:

ironmanag said:

... and take my money elsewhere.

How much are we talking about here?

More than a little less than alot.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
ABATTBQ11
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

RSP715 said:

I won't. Have fun with the liberal diploma mill and woke football team.

A&M is not a liberal institution and never will be. Just because someone contemplates removing a statue of a person nicknamed "negro killer" doesn't make them liberal. Its them getting with the times. We arent living in the 1940s. Oh... and the negro killer still stands, so there's that

He was never nicknamed "negro killer." There is only one known occurrence of that term ever being used to describe him, as it was in a northern newspaper pushing war propaganda. Might as well call him Barack "The Devil Incarnate" Obama because Iranian newspapers refer to the US as the Great Satan and he was president once.

If he was really a racist and white supremacist, he would have just said, "Screw black people. They don't need colleges or schools for the deaf, dumb, and blind. I'll just make sure all that money goes to white people instead." but he didn't, and his black contemporaries sure thought a great deal of him for someone who was supposedly nicknamed, "negro killer."

But whatever. Not like you care about facts or anything.
Spyderman
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

Obviously I have not given up on the team. But for the record, I believe Sully needs to be placed in a museum. I also wish a huge hole would open up and swallow 95% of BLM
Eliminate athletic scholarships
Eliminate all statues
For the love of all things decent....get a better entrance song for Kyle
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
CDub06
AG
I'm more offended by the number of crybabies on this thread. Maybe take a break from the internet if Twitter hurts your feelings this much.
BrotherChad
AG
tmaggies said:

Pretty opinionated already for a kid in High School.....
LOL at McDadAg
TxAg76
AG
30wedge said:

TxAg76 said:

30wedge said:

TxAg76 said:

fightinag said:

Right......

Afraid? Never.
So the coaches are going to be brave and not afraid nor fearful. But unable to do anything about it. Time being? How long do you expect this will last or will it be "give an inch, take a mile" sort of thing?

You know there's no way to answer that definitively.
But in the approach, I guess it depends on whether you feel we're playing checkers or chess.
You playing the long game here, or just doing what feels good, to you, for today?
Foxo
AG
ironmanag said:

Mond has the absolute right to say and think what he wants and I will defend that that right.

Mond and what's his name must not know of the Aggie network and how it can help him if pro sports don't work out.
Gil Renard
AG
Foxo said:

ironmanag said:

Mond and what's his name must not know of the Aggie network and how it can help him if pro sports don't work out.

Plenty of Ags that would help mond. Cuts a lot of outlets but being a QB at A&M I'm sure he knows people.
Just Tired
TxAg76 said:

30wedge said:

TxAg76 said:

fightinag said:

Right......

Afraid? Never.

definitely a more calculated response is needed. this is bound to play more a part in the recruit evaluation moving forward. it seems kids who are hungry and all about ball to get out of bad economic situations are much less likely to take the sjw sidetrack than kids who grew up with a certain amount of privilege. now the best of the best of the primadonnas will still often be a take but your critical mass better be ballers that are going to vote to play.

i think jimbo's outlook and humble beginnings have him ahead of the game here and why we are not currently looking at a team-wide boycott of the season.
strbrst777
Exercising free speech rights is not always the right thing to do. It may show extremely poor judgement. It may be detrimental to the individual and to the organization. It can get an employee fired. It can drive away customers. In the military, well, enough said.
85AustinAg
AG
Without a doubt I'm more concerned with the replies of some "Aggies" on this and other Texags football forum threads than i am about Kellen Mond, Jhamon Ausbon or Jimbo Fisher.

Some of you guys live in an alternative universe where BLM refers only to the left wing group of protesters. The fact is that its a simple statement that the kids are making which is - Black lives Matter (in addition to white lives). With all that's going on in this country how can you be so blind to not see how this affects these kids and how they see the world. I'll bet it doesn't look very friendly, kind or Christ-like to a lot of them.

For all of the not another dime, not going to another game, not supporting A&M, etc group that are grandstanding over their moral virtue that tells them right and wrong and has no room for other viewpoints - Go Away - we don't need you.
ColoradoMooseHerd
85AustinAg said:

Without a doubt I'm more concerned with the replies of some "Aggies" on this and other Texags football forum threads than i am about Kellen Mond, Jhamon Ausbon or Jimbo Fisher.

Some of you guys live in an alternative universe where BLM refers only to the left wing group of protesters. The fact is that its a simple statement that the kids are making which is - Black lives Matter (in addition to white lives). With all that's going on in this country how can you be so blind to not see how this affects these kids and how they see the world. I'll bet it doesn't look very friendly, kind or Christ-like to a lot of them.

For all of the not another dime, not going to another game, not supporting A&M, etc group that are grandstanding over their moral virtue that tells them right and wrong and has no room for other viewpoints - Go Away - we don't need you.
Ditto
Nonregdrummer09
AG
85AustinAg said:

Username checks out
MikeRoEconomist
AG
Quote:

Aggie football is dead to me. I hope the team goes 0-10. Never in a million years would I have thought I would hate TAMU. The leadership in every aspect of the university is so detached from the alumni base, it's staggering. It has become as foreign to me as tu. I feel sorry for my sons who are both current students and have to witness this crap.
I don't typically participate in threads like this one, but really? Who is really less of an Ag in this case?

Your Mom And Them
"For all of the not another dime, not going to another game, not supporting A&M, etc group that are grandstanding over their moral virtue that tells them right and wrong and has no room for other viewpoints - Go Away - we don't need you."

So, if I don't believe like you, then I need to go away.....got it, Kellen.
TyperWoods
85AustinAg said:

LMAO...if we don't agree with you, then go away because we don't have room for other responses?

You mean, like your post demonstrates that you do? Hypocrit much?
Nonregdrummer09
AG
TyperWoods said:

85AustinAg said:

LMAO...if we don't agree with you, then go away because we don't have room for other responses?

This is why I only answer questions about Sul Ross, I think Kellen has a right to say what he wants, I think the only incorrect response to that is "shut up." He's a student he has a right to speak you have the right to disagree with him, as I do.
Artorias
AG
85AustinAg said:

How exactly does calling for defunding the corps, alums racist, etc. align with your claim that they are making a simple statement that black lives matter. And who, exactly is saying black lives do not matter?
Corn Pop
Nonregdrummer09 said:

TyperWoods said:

85AustinAg said:

This is why I only answer questions about Sul Ross, I think Kellen has a right to say what he wants, I think the only incorrect response to that is "shut up." He's a student he has a right to speak you have the right to disagree with him, as I do.

If only it was that simple. Kellen, Tucker, Jamal, and other athletes crossed a line when many disagreed with their stances and were called racists and threatened with violence in return.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
yells at clouds said:

Nonregdrummer09 said:

TyperWoods said:

85AustinAg said:

If only it was that simple. Kellen, Tucker, Jamal, and other athletes crossed a line when many disagreed with their stances and were called racists and threatened with violence in return.

So they live in an alternate universe called post-modern inter-sectionalism where everything is racist and if you disagree with that then you are also racist.

Similar to "shut up" this is also not an acceptable response. So call them out on that too.
Geriatric Punk
AG
I just wish the guys saying they will never support this football team would stop posting on a forum about the football team.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
levypantsEOY
Geriatric Punk said:

I just wish the guys saying they will never support this football team would stop posting on a forum about the football team.

This times 1000000. While we can't be certain that the program will ever recover from losing out on the tens of dollars these Karens bring to the table, it's definitely worth the risk.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.