Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jimbo get your QB off Twitter...

37,270 Views | 205 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by levypantsEOY
Player To Be Named Later
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He's 100% free to pop off on his Twitter just as often as he feels fit to do so.

I'm also 100% free to free up my Saturdays this year. Good luck to the athletic department budget.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
You would think with the reduced capacity allowed in the stadium, the program would be doing anything they can to encourage people show up and Continue tailgating, just to keep the city from going under.

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/city-life/08-03-20-2-texas-college-towns-most-economically-vulnerable-houston/
Player To Be Named Later
AG
And before anyone chimes in with "But you're hurting Texas A&M when you don't give to the Athletic Department", I'll add that we can still give to Texas A&M.... just not to the Athletic Department.

I actually think it's beyond time that we as Former Students start giving more money to our individual Colleges instead of to Athletics. Sports doesn't define Texas A&M to me, I'd rather give my $$$ to the College of Agriculture and/or Dept of Animal Science before I give another dime to athletics. Time to re-evaluate what we value for Texas A&M and what defines Texas A&M's worth/prestige. For me, it is no longer winning football teams. How I feel about being an Aggie on Monday is no longer remotely dependent on how the football team did on Saturday, how the baseball team did over the weekend, etc

BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
Tegrity123 said:

BeatHellOutOfTU said:

Im sure BLM posted this crap... another fake racial stir the pot...
stop whining about Mond.

I was a Mond supporter till he showed he was a racist
AGDAD14
One thing we know for sure, Mond is no King! (even though he thinks he is).

I stand for liberty and justice for all, even for those who don't.

BTHO tu forever!
aeon-ag
BeatHellOutOfTU said:

Im sure BLM posted this crap... another fake racial stir the pot...
Sick at my stomach with all this pooooooooor mistreated me. This turned in to nothing but a damned soap opra, "As The Stomach Turns"!!!!!!!
aeon-ag
ag_derp said:

can jimbo just bench this guy
Jimbo needs to be benched for letting this crap continue!!!!!!
Texas A&M
It is sad. This is the first year ever that I'm rooting for us to lose enough to get the starting QB out of there.

Maybe Mond and Danuel House can have a beer summit on how to be good teammates.
twogoatsfn
AG
Gump 02 said:

Mond is well within his 1st amendment rights to say whatever he wants, whenever he wants. And it is your right to disagree. To tell anyone to "shut up and focus on ... " is either moronic or bullying.

stfu!
Thirsty Third
AG
Jimbo is a football coach. Let that sink in, OP.
Spyderman
AG
I really want to like Kellen. He needs to spell out what the problems are and give some valid solutions instead of just spewiing toxic tweets.. Along with that platform he has assumed, comes the greater opportunity to provide solutions. Needs to express why he thinks BLM is a productive movement/group and not a genuine domestic terrorist organization.Needs to confess that he himself is a racist. That admission would go a long way IMO in validating his character as we are ALL racists to one degree or another.

Kellen, the ball is in your court brother.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Old Tom Morris
Did you watch him speak at Sully? There are no answers to much of anything coming from that guy
GrayMatter
AG
Y'all sound sound like little kids whining about he or she said. Sticks and stones....
GrayMatter
AG
Spyderman said:

I really want to like Kellen. He needs to spell out what the problems are and give some valid solutions instead of just spewiing toxic tweets.. Along with that platform he has assumed, comes the greater opportunity to provide solutions. Needs to express why he thinks BLM is a productive movement/group and not a genuine domestic terrorist organization.Needs to confess that he himself is a racist. That admission would go a long way IMO in validating his character as we are ALL racists to one degree or another.

You're trying to validate your "racism". That's part of the problem.
BrotherChad
AG
TxAg76 said:

fightinag said:

As someone who bleeds maroon and white since childhood I never thought the day would come where I despise TAMU because of a single low talent player dishonoring the school I love,
Grow a set JIMBO,,,,read Mond the riot act.
If he doesn't get the message...bench his ass and use this season to see who next years starting qb will be
Not like you'd be benching a heisman caliber quarterback...... and the team will walk the line for you

Dude....majority of team is black, and regardless of what Jimbo says/does, and regardless if he's right/wrong, I'm 99.99% sure they'd side with Mond on this no matter what

Majority of those who actually make the football team a financial possibility are white or white hispanic, so of regardless of what Jimbo says or does, they may be pulling their money anyway.
Old Tom Morris
We live on a world now where being a victim is about the best thing you can be. It's an incredibly destructive mindset and way to go through life
AGHouston11
AG
"Can't get mad at the truth"
That's what he said.

But has he discussed the truth about his heritage and that his own family fought in the confederacy, has schools named after them, and called Sully a good friend........

1st amendment people say. Well when you enter politics then that goes both ways.
TexAgs91
AG
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
74AnimalA
AG
Maybe they are ALL figuring out they they ALL Entitled little sh!+$, that are receiving a hell of a lot of special treatment and benefits.

And if you notice this POS sign has a lot of input (if not all) from the haters in History & Anthro depts.
So it isn't the whole truth.

Not surprised tge chemisty is splinterig.
Cramp00
singapore_sling said:

Gump 02 said:

Mond is well within his 1st amendment rights to say whatever he wants, whenever he wants. And it is your right to disagree. To tell anyone to "shut up and focus on ... " is either moronic or bullying.

Couldn't agree more. Our football players have their right to free speech. People who disagree with that apparently need their own safe space where no one disagrees with their views.

That's what the politics board is for
BSCE84ag
AG
Whats with the respect 100?
oysterbayAG
AG
Jimbo is very smart to play this cool. I think he anticipates that once the season gets going almost all the players will focus on football and the BLM etc stuff within the team will hopefully fade. In the long run, as the economy recovers back to it's height,the protests will likely diminish to a low boil..
Spyderman
AG
GrayMatter said:

Spyderman said:

You're trying to validate your "racism". That's part of the problem.
Perhaps...

Everyone is a racist..the goal should be to do something about it. I want to see/hear Kellens ideas.I want to hear anybodys ideas regardless of skin color. The racist BLM initiated protests/rioting are not productive in this regard. Nor are toxic tweets. Those are part of the problem.

If that's validation, I dont know what to say.

We are listening.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Foxo
AG
One of my ChemEng professors called A&M .. Athletics and Military. This was 60 years ago.
Old Tom Morris
Our legacy of championships proves he was right about one of them
Slicer97
AG
TxAg76 said:

fightinag said:

As someone who bleeds maroon and white since childhood I never thought the day would come where I despise TAMU because of a single low talent player dishonoring the school I love,
If he doesn't get the message...bench his ass and use this season to see who next years starting qb will be
Not like you'd be benching a heisman caliber quarterback...... and the team will walk the line for you

Dude....majority of team is black, and regardless of what Jimbo says/does, and regardless if he's right/wrong, I'm 99.99% sure they'd side with Mond on this no matter what

Because assuming a bunch of individuals share Mond's opinion simply because they share the same skin color isn't racist at all.
yell_on_6th st
AG
Just say what we all know, this kid is dumb. You can see it in his blank, lifeless stare.

All the tweets and protests should be viewed in that context, he's not smart.
Johnny Boyziel 2
AG
I just went down a weird rabbit hole looking at many current A&M students that post things like this, and cannot believe how warped their minds are. There is no way anyone would ever hire them if a potential employer were to view what they spew on Twitter.
sportsfreak1975
AGHouston11 said:

"But has he discussed the truth about his heritage and that his own family fought in the confederacy, has schools named after them, and called Sully a friend.

Interesting comment. Do you have proof of this? If so, I think it's time someone called out Mr. Mond on this.

2004FIGHTINTXAG
There were a couple long threads on this. A very long letter was written to Sharp describing Mond's heritage and his direct links to the Confederacy. The letter was written by a reputable individual who knew Mond's family.
Saxsoon
AG
fightinag said:

Yes benching your starting black qb with a team predominantly black will go over well with the players and the media
BSCE84ag
AG
Not about 1st amendment rights...

Fact of Life. You work for someone, you must control your speech and opinions. If you speak and damage the boss or income to the business, you may get canned or passed up for raises. Many times I was unresponsive on a clear cut subject, but you better watch out for the consequences. Is it a battle you choose to fight and die for? Again, freewill employment, same as a scholarship. You represent the University or business.

Secondly, People don't want to hear your beliefs, excuses, or ideas if they came for a service you offer. Just give them the service and they will be happy to return if they need the service again if you do a good job. Hack them off and they will never consider coming back.

Not about free speech, but business.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Saxsoon said:

fightinag said:

Yes benching your starting black qb with a team predominantly black will go over well with the players and the media

Non-consequentialism/Deontology. Do the right thing regardless of the outcome/consequence.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Jimbo is a football coach and I don't have a problem with him focusing on ball, as he calls it. So long as the off-field activity does not impact a player on the field/practices or as a student Jimbo is not going to say anything. If it does impact a players football performance or eligibility, or impacts him as a student thereby jeopardizing his status as a player, Jimbo will absolutely say something. But it would be communicated directly with the player, not to the team, not in the media, etc., etc..

I DO think it would be a wise policy for our players to not have or be active on social media. But I don't see that being a good selling point to today's youth. Even Bama players have and are active on social media even though Saban rules with an iron fist and draconian rules. It would be ideal and advisable, but this isn't the military and not a way to endear yourself to recruits, unfortunately.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Also once the season starts this will all go away from the public eye. Until Mond has a bad game or a bone-headed decision or INT and the response will be "I guess he was too busy protesting a statue to learn that play, even though he walked by that statue 1000x in 2 years with no problems whatsoever....."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.