Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jimbo get your QB off Twitter...

37,234 Views | 205 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by levypantsEOY
northeastag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The worst thing for someone like Mond is to just ignore him. Let him play ball this year and then move on. After all, he is about 4 months away from no one ever giving a hoot what he says.
northeastag
AG
Sorry. The dreaded double post.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Why doesn't someone just put up a board in response to these claims? Most are half truth, the rest is just platitudes.

I can help fill in the blanks.
Hawk2007
Our season is going to blow.... I can only imagine the rift in the locker room over activism vs. just playing the game. Sadly, I think it would be less of an issue if these guys were all set on NFL contracts playing pro-ball. (There is a good Freakonomics podcast as to why NFL teams don't really have to win to still earn big money)

But, many of our football team are getting up to 4 years to demonstrate their skills.... effectively a 4 year job interview.
Slyfox07
AG
northeastag said:

The worst thing for someone like Mond is to just ignore him. Let him play ball this year and then move on. After all, he is about 4 months away from no one ever giving a hoot what he says.

I already don't give a hoot what he says
BuddysBud
AG
TxAg76 said:

fightinag said:

As someone who bleeds maroon and white since childhood I never thought the day would come where I despise TAMU because of a single low talent player dishonoring the school I love,
Grow a set JIMBO,,,,read Mond the riot act.
If he doesn't get the message...bench his ass and use this season to see who next years starting qb will be
Not like you'd be benching a heisman caliber quarterback...... and the team will walk the line for you

Dude....majority of team is black, and regardless of what Jimbo says/does, and regardless if he's right/wrong, I'm 99.99% sure they'd side with Mond on this no matter what

I haven't read the entire thread, but if this statement is true, then Fisher should be fired for cause without a buyout.

If the most of the team is so racist that they would abandon the coach for trying to get the team into to focus on football (which is what they get paid for), rather than causing disruption at the university because of their racists views, then Jimbo has no control over the team and is unable to do what he was hired to do.

As for Mond's first amendment rights, the federal government is not forbidding him from his freedom of speech to show that he is racist. However, the first amendment doesn't apply if Fisher wants him to stop the BS and focus on football.

TMF would be smart to step up and tell Mond to stop because it is hurting their ability to raise donations and sell tickets. Pulling his scholarship because his actions are hurting the school and the athletic department would not be out of line nor would it violate his first amendment rights. Rights come with responsibilities.
30wedge
BuddysBud said:

TxAg76 said:

fightinag said:

As someone who bleeds maroon and white since childhood I never thought the day would come where I despise TAMU because of a single low talent player dishonoring the school I love,
If he doesn't get the message...bench his ass and use this season to see who next years starting qb will be
Not like you'd be benching a heisman caliber quarterback...... and the team will walk the line for you

Dude....majority of team is black, and regardless of what Jimbo says/does, and regardless if he's right/wrong, I'm 99.99% sure they'd side with Mond on this no matter what

I haven't read the entire thread, but if this statement is true, then Fisher should be fired for cause without a buyout.

If the most of the team is so racist that they would abandon the coach for trying to get the team into to focus on football (which is what they get paid for), rather than causing disruption at the university because of their racists views, then Jimbo has no control over the team and is unable to do what he was hired to do.

As for Mond's first amendment rights, the federal government is not forbidding him from his freedom of speech to show that he is racist. However, the first amendment doesn't apply if Fisher wants him to stop the BS and focus on football.

TMF would be smart to step up and tell Mond to stop because it is hurting their ability to raise donations and sell tickets. Pulling his scholarship because his actions are hurting the school and the athletic department would not be out of line nor would it violate his first amendment rights. Rights come with responsibilities.
I hope someone asks Fisher about it at a post-game press conference. I wonder if he has been practicing his non-answer answer?
Eagle78
Kellen, can you once out people in historical context and not view them through 2020 eyes? As we've grown as a people, we've dropped the notion of white supremacy. But 160 until just 70 years ago, white supremacy was the norm. The DNC has klan members in full garb in the 1939s. Woodrow Wilson was a well known white supremacist. Frankly, Grant and Lincoln were white supremacists. They might not have wanted them to be slaves but their writings showed that they believed whites were superior. Here is what happened: God touched the hearts and minds of the American people do that is now thankfully over. Forgiven our ancestors they knew not what they were doing. But if you are going to cancel Sully, you are going to have the cancel every white person who lived before 1945. I'm sorry that our nation was systemically racist in the past. People were ignorant. But you can't cancel the past. If you did you'd have to cancel all the other white supremacists, including Washington, John Adams, James Madison, Thomas Jefferson, James Monroe, Andrew Jackson, Martin Van Buren, Abraham Lincoln, US Grant, Rutherford Hayes, William McKinley, Theodore Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson and Calvin Coolidge. We As a people were ignorant. Can you not understand that? We cannot cancel history even more than we can change the past. All we can do is be resentful or forgive. Christ asks us to forgive those who have done us wrong. I know it's hard but I ask you to follow Christ's example and forgive Gov Sully. He was wrong but his views regrettably were not out of line with anyo other white make during his time. Forgive them just as Christ forgave you. Forgiving mean forgetting. Remember that and God bless.
strbrst777
KM should not be on the Sharp committee on diversity. He has zero cred with respect to being objective! I opted in for seating and have a pair of season tics. It was a coin toss decidion. I already have had second thoughs; and zero excitement about attending games.
fightinag
Jimbo needs to grow a set, hold a team meeting with the message that ANY political rambling DURING football season will result in Instant dismissal from the team.........and loss of scholarship........for disruptive conduct !
Either they will shut up and play or quit and resign with Blinn
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
Aggie_Swag18
BuddysBud said:

TxAg76 said:

fightinag said:

Holy hell. The call for an authoritarian system where the Black people sit there and do exactly what you tell them to do. TexAgs users keep insisting that they're not racist, but everything that keeps coming out of their mouths' is all the Black athletes should fall in line and do exactly what the White people tell them to do.
Any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still know where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
The real racists were calling A&M racist !
wheelz
AG
TxAg76 said:

fightinag said:

Right & wrong can't be a 'regardless'. If it's wrong then Mond needs someone to tell him so. It doesn't have to be a benching. It could just be a father-son type talk from a person with more knowledge & life experience. You know, like a coach.
sleepybeagle
AG
BLM are racists Marxist and terrorists who support killing people. Their emblem is a fist. The only conversation they want to have is chaos.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
At this point, I truly don't care what they do. I honestly don't care if they tween all day, I don't care if they want to kneel, I really don't care.

It's really done me a great favor. I've found a long list of things that should have always been a priority over A&M athletics. I have been one of the most rabid supporters of A&M sports forever.... but with all that has gone on in society lately, I have found myself not caring one damn bit.

The whole college athletics system needs a hard reset anyway, and I'm hoping this kicks it off.
TX scallywAG
AG
Gump 02 said:

Mond is well within his 1st amendment rights to say whatever he wants, whenever he wants. And it is your right to disagree. To tell anyone to "shut up and focus on ... " is either moronic or bullying.

Freedom of speech & freedom of consequences are NOT the same thing.

I can get on the news tonight and say whatever craziness I want... that doesn't mean my employer has to continue wanting me to be an ambassador for their brand... I can tell my boss whatever I want tomorrow... doesn't mean they'll continue to pay me.

We're supposed to be teaching these young men about life and how to make good decisions in the real world. It starts with letting them know there's a way to handle important situations when in a leadership position and while representing your employer... or in this case the university who is giving you a six figure education as payment.
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
TxAg76
AG
wheelz said:

TxAg76 said:

fightinag said:

Right & wrong can't be a 'regardless'. If it's wrong then Mond needs someone to tell him so. It doesn't have to be a benching. It could just be a father-son type talk from a person with more knowledge & life experience. You know, like a coach.

I don't think y'all realize the size of the powder keg that sits below this issue, and should it get the slightest spark....yikes....

Jimbo doesn't have to be in the wrong, he just has to be wrongly accused, and right now Mond is a volatile entity that now has a national audience with a group on its own agenda
bigloco1
It's sad to know Mond has surrendered before the season started as he's done over the last few years. He has no chance in the SEC (as evidenced by his record), the NFL or the civil rights arena. He's lost. He's been lost and will continue to be lost as he has no heart, no leadership ability, and no hope.

May the young man find peace in whatever he elects to do.

Faustus
Player To Be Named Later said:

And before anyone chimes in with "But you're hurting Texas A&M when you don't give to the Athletic Department", I'll add that we can still give to Texas A&M.... just not to the Athletic Department.

I actually think it's beyond time that we as Former Students start giving more money to our individual Colleges instead of to Athletics. Sports doesn't define Texas A&M to me, I'd rather give my $$$ to the College of Agriculture and/or Dept of Animal Science before I give another dime to athletics. Time to re-evaluate what we value for Texas A&M and what defines Texas A&M's worth/prestige. For me, it is no longer winning football teams. How I feel about being an Aggie on Monday is no longer remotely dependent on how the football team did on Saturday, how the baseball team did over the weekend, etc
Aren't most of the athletes' majors in those departments?
pimplepopper
AG
Faustus said:

Player To Be Named Later said:

And before anyone chimes in with "But you're hurting Texas A&M when you don't give to the Athletic Department", I'll add that we can still give to Texas A&M.... just not to the Athletic Department.

I actually think it's beyond time that we as Former Students start giving more money to our individual Colleges instead of to Athletics. Sports doesn't define Texas A&M to me, I'd rather give my $$$ to the College of Agriculture and/or Dept of Animal Science before I give another dime to athletics. Time to re-evaluate what we value for Texas A&M and what defines Texas A&M's worth/prestige. For me, it is no longer winning football teams. How I feel about being an Aggie on Monday is no longer remotely dependent on how the football team did on Saturday, how the baseball team did over the weekend, etc
Aren't most of the athlete's majors in those departments?

I'm probably pretty safe giving to the Mechanical Engineering department.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AmwTx
Give to the Corps of Cadets. Mond wants to defund them!
Eagle78
It is understandable. He's just a generation or two away from a time where there was widespread systemic discrimination against Black people. That created a lot of justifiable resentment. It takes a lot of time for those feelings to dissipate from the black community. Damn our ignorant ancestors for treating minorities that way.
Spyderman
AG
northeastag said:

I give a hoot and want to hear something constructive/beneficial.

The ball is in his court.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
InfantryAg
AG
Tegrity123 said:

APHIS AG said:

I
Lmao. Who are these adult babies needing diapers? AD and Fisher are amazing. Thankfully not letting us fall behind Bama or Tu when it comes to representing the players and their lives. We'd still not have cheerleaders for the televisions if it wasn't for you elderly goofballs. Oh, wait. That's only allowed for basketball?
One, your standard for amazing isn't very high.

Two, if it weren't for the "elderly goofballs," the cheerleaders you desire wouldn't be in a new stadium. The athletes wouldn't be in new facilities. The good athletes would choose different schools with the new stadiums and facilities.

And the cheerleaders would be cheering for the crowd on ESPN, the ocho.

Jarrin' Jay
AG
Spyderman said:

northeastag said:

Well, what if he takes the extra year of eligibility.....
Slicer97
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

Spyderman said:

northeastag said:

Doubt he will. If he's not good enough to be in the NFL this time next year, he's probably not good enough to win the starting job here next year.
RedRiverAg
AG
singapore_sling said:

Gump 02 said:

Mond is well within his 1st amendment rights to say whatever he wants, whenever he wants. And it is your right to disagree. To tell anyone to "shut up and focus on ... " is either moronic or bullying.

Couldn't agree more. Our football players have their right to free speech. People who disagree with that apparently need their own safe space where no one disagrees with their views.
The "free speech" argument is being misused IMO. Yes, we all have a right to free speech. In the case of Mond and others, they are being funded by an institution and donors to play a sport and represent said institution. It is no different than a private corporation (say Goodyear) telling its employees to dress, act and operate under a set of rules or they will be released. Mond's agreement is to play ball; otherwise, get a scholarship in political science and represent yourself.
"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
Spyderman
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

Spyderman said:

northeastag said:

He will have an additional year to offer some suggestions?

We are listening..
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Boy I want to respond to that YoungDemsBCS display when I have chance, some of it grossly misrepresents the facts, especially the Jaybird-Woodpecker incident.
RedRiverAg
AG
33 said:

RedRiverAg said:

The "free speech" argument is being misused IMO. Yes, we all have a right to free speech. In the case of Mond and others, they are being funded by an institution and donors to play a sport and represent said institution. It is no different than a private corporation (say Goodyear) telling its employees to dress, act and operate under a set of rules or they will be released. Mond's agreement is to play ball; otherwise, get a scholarship in political science and represent yourself.

Let's go with this. Then your argument should be with Texas A&M and not the player. A&M is not "...telling its ...[players]... to dress, act and operate under a set of rules or they will be released."

33...I partially agree. Getting control of the issue starts at the top and includes Jimbo, but the player(s) are the ones causing the disturbance, not the other way around. A&M can be passive, but the Go Woke, Go Broke affect is as real as the BLM movement. A&M is only hurting itself by not holding players responsible for their actions.
infinity ag
BuddysBud said:

TxAg76 said:

fightinag said:

You know, I agree with you.
Jimbo is the leader of the team. The team represents Texas A&M University.

There are no black, brown green and blue players. If you want to play for this great university then you are just a player... buy the F into the process. Else GTFO.

It's as simple as that. If Jimbo cannot make this clear and enforce, then he needs to go too. I don't know why players are allowed to get into activism. It just distracts everyone and the Univ pays the price. A players job is to play and be a student. If he wants to be Martin Luther King or Gandhi, he can do it on his own time outside the university.
Artimus Gordon
Everyone lighten up, the mond madness will be over in a few months. In the meantime I discovered I had a great weekend, with absolutely no, zero, zip, nada college or professional football on tv. It was refreshing. Some of you need to go cold turkey on football, too.
rcb05
AG
Following players on social media is voluntary. If all you want from them is what they do on the field, then only follow what they do on the field.
[url]www.twitter.com/rcb05[/url]
TXAggie2011
AG
Jimbo isn't benching Kellen Mond or any of his players for their political opinions. Full stop.

If that's what needs to happen for you to support the program, go to games, or watch games, you might as well just stop talking about it and threatening things on the internet, and start working on finding a new thing to do on Saturdays. And let the rest us of get back to occasionally talking about actual football.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.