Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

At least Baylor isn't undefeated.

8,599 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by roygbell
AustinAggie90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Charlie 31 said:

barnag said:

If we stayed in the Big 12 we'd be undefeated too. Instead we might not make a bowl game.
Had we stayed in the BDF, JFF would not have won the Heisman in 2012, we would not be recruiting as well as we are and building for a bright future starting next season, nor could we fill our ginormous football stadium during conference games like we are doing each season ($$$$$) to pay for our nice facilities and quality coaches.

I will take missing a bowl game this year with our murderer's row of opponents if that sacrifice results in building a championship program in the long run.

Mediocrity in the BDF (and the SWC for that matter) was not fun, in case you forgot or never lived it.

How do you figure? Johnny would have done even more in the big 12 than he did in the sec and A&M started recruiting well when we got a coach that knew how to recruit. Sumlin and jimbo would both be good recruiters in the big 12 too.
neAGle96
AG
swc.lives said:

barnag said:

If we stayed in the Big 12 we'd be undefeated too. Instead we might not make a bowl game.
How many times was A&M undefeated in the Big XII?

Today's b12 is not the same as the late 90's (or even 2000s) b12.

Nebraska was at the Alabama level back then, Colorado was top10-15 team, KSU was as well. We would be behind only OU and probably tu this year if we were in that league
technoviking
AG
neAGle96 said:

swc.lives said:

barnag said:

How many times was A&M undefeated in the Big XII?

Today's b12 is not the same as the late 90's (or even 2000s) b12.

Nebraska was at the Alabama level back then, Colorado was top10-15 team, KSU was as well. We would be behind only OU and probably tu this year if we were in that league

Just let them have this for tonight. They don't want to hear it anyway.
FCBlitz
If Baylor played our schedule this thread would have never been spun.
45-70Ag
AG
Rhule is a good coach. He walked into a mess that most coaches never experience and has his team winning.

They're not national title contenders but they're not awful, questions is, can Baylor hang on to him long term.
JustSayin
If we have better talent now, why are we 3-3 ?
AquaCasaAg
AG
Texas Aggie Football - Living In hypotheticals since 1940.
Sumlins Pool Guy
Don't sleep on Iowa State and tech was never a pushover
Emilio Fantastico
AG
JustSayin said:

If we have better talent now, why are we 3-3 ?

Because we have played three teams with better talent than us with two of them having much better talent.
Our talent upgrade from the past is why we now beat the patsies 41-7 or 62-3 instead of 38-17 or 45-28.
We still have a way to go, especially with the elite speed, on our talent level. But top to bottom, we are better and deeper than we've been since the 90's
JustSayin
Pretty sure UTSA is on our schedule too. And two of our three wins are against teams which are now 6 and 7.
Joe Exotic
AG
That doesn't change his point
Kellso
Irish_Man said:

Rhule is a good coach. He walked into a mess that most coaches never experience and has his team winning.

They're not national title contenders but they're not awful, questions is, can Baylor hang on to him long term.

Baylor extended Rhule until 2027.

Rhule and Baylor are a weird program. They are not very good and if they played the schedule that A&M has played they would have been curb stomped.......but what they do very well is play defense.

They are the opposite of what they were under Briles.

They remind me of Gary Patterson's TCU teams when they were still in the Mountain West and Conference USA.
Not extremely talented on either side of the ball, but very well coached on defense.

People from larger conference would overlook the Frogs until they found themselves in a 17-14 game with 8 minutes left in the game......and then you start to get worried at the thought of losing to a team not in a power conference.

roygbell
kevmiller said:

barnag said:

Got our ass kicked for 18 years in that conference
Leave to Goto a new conference
Middle of pack team in new conference
Beat our chest claiming we would dominate the conference we left ( which we wouldn't)

That's Aggie football today

I got a kick out of your response. I'm not an A&M hater. Grew up on the Texas/Oklahoma border and always was for any SWC team that was playing the horns. I get the hate for the horns as they are just a bunch of bullies. I understood the desire to get away from them, but thought it was a mistake of A&M going to the SEC and still do. You had a shot with your Johnny Football to win and get better at recruiting.

The only reason the SEC wanted A&M and Missouri was to expand their footprint into Texas. Recruiting and eyes on the TV. Unless, Jimbo turns your program in the next year or so you are in for a long haul. My numbers could be wrong, but Jimbo would be five hires that failed.

Anyway, I don't get the fixation of Aggie fans on the Big XII. I read three Aggie boards and there is more making comments on the Big XII than your own team. Pretty sad, really.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.