Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The tu/LSU game...

33,294 Views | 160 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by fightinag
technoviking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LSU has a top 5 defense this year.

Good running attack (don't believe they won't run if they sense there is a weakness at LB for tu despite "switching" to a pass happy offense).

Joe Burrow is a good QB that could have a career game on the ground in this one.

Ehlinger has been reported as not improving in his downfield attack this fall camp. So, he'll likely be trying to run against the best set of linebackers he's faced yet and the best DC he's faced yet.

There's a possibility tu will be playing with two true freshmen converted WR-to-RBs.

I like LSU in this one.

32-24
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Did we not play 2 teams of the same qualification? I know logic takes a backseat in here but geez
DayAg!
S
Some of ya'll are comical as hell. The media has all you jokers running scared. I've seen enough football to know when things just dont add up. And tu's offense and defense plays right into the hands of LSU. Now Ed O aint the sharpest knife in the drawer but LSU out athletes tu in every position. These are NFL caliber players on both LSU lines. tu has what. Thats right, a buncha jags at several key places. It wond be pretty and LSU has plenty of depth to run this thing down second half. My money is on LSU. The media hype even has Vegas in a tizzy. This aint a tossup game, if LSU shows up.
"Poor soul, he was just too high strung. I'm afraid the strain was more than he could bear."
HoustonAg2106
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Did we not play 2 teams of the same qualification? I know logic takes a backseat in here but geez
Clemson/Alabama >>>>>>> OU/Georgia
rootube
AG
Is Jordan Whittington hurt because he is their best back and was supposedly tearing it up in camp.
TheBro
Ifishandlie said:

Abitaholic said:

I don't see a blow out. Texas can play defense and LSU is the type of team that gets better as the season goes on, especially on offense. Could obviously be way off here but I'm thinking this goes into the 4th quarter and ends up being a one score game; either way.

tu lost 7-8 guys on defense alone. Lost number one receiver. The o line is average at best.

tu will have no running game

Georgia was down. They didn't show up. LSU will dominate this game in the trenches. Concussion boy will be running for his life

I don't think it'll be a blowout simply because LSU is a grind and pound kind of team. Still LSU wins by 10-14 in a dominating defensive game

The homo's will have left the stadium by the third quarter.

I'll take Texas +9.
TheBro
DayAg! said:

Some of ya'll are comical as hell. The media has all you jokers running scared. I've seen enough football to know when things just dont add up. And tu's offense and defense plays right into the hands of LSU. Now Ed O aint the sharpest knife in the drawer but LSU out athletes tu in every position. These are NFL caliber players on both LSU lines. tu has what. Thats right, a buncha jags at several key places. It wond be pretty and LSU has plenty of depth to run this thing down second half. My money is on LSU. The media hype even has Vegas in a tizzy. This aint a tossup game, if LSU shows up.
Why would they not show up against a top 10 team?
Panama Red
AG
Quote:

The media hype even has Vegas in a tizzy.
What does this even mean?
TheBro
Panama Red said:

Quote:

The media hype even has Vegas in a tizzy.
What does this even mean?
I think Texas is favored now.
Panama Red
AG
Quote:

Please show me where as the line moved against Texas everywhere I have seen.
DayAg!
S
Quote:

Quote:

DayAg! said:
Why would they not show up against a top 10 team?
Because their history dictates that they do stupid stuff at the beginning of the season that makes you scratch your head. If they play like the athletes that they are then this wont be a close game is all I'm saying.
"Poor soul, he was just too high strung. I'm afraid the strain was more than he could bear."
longeryak
rootube said:

Is Jordan Whittington hurt because he is their best back and was supposedly tearing it up in camp.
Read that they just moved Roschon Johnson to RB. Guessing injuries are both more and worse than reported.
ABattJudd
AG
I'm just pulling for the meteor strike.
"Well, if you can’t have a great season, at least ruin somebody else’s." - Olin Buchanan
Callate Donnie
Is LSU at -9 the predicted line now?

I would wait to see what texas looks like against La Tech before placing any bets. They could doo doo the bed and stretch that line. Then, I'd think about taking texas at +10.5 or something.
BMX Bandit
currently LSU -4 is what I see
GrayMatter
AG
tu has lost one of it's first two games in the past couple of seasons. They aren't going to lose to Louisiana Tech so they'll lose to LSU.

With the game being in Austin, it's going to be close, but LSU is still going to win.

LSU 24 tu 13
TheBro
Panama Red said:

Quote:

Please show me where as the line moved against Texas everywhere I have seen.
TheBro
Callate Donnie said:

Is LSU at -9 the predicted line now?

I would wait to see what texas looks like against La Tech before placing any bets. They could doo doo the bed and stretch that line. Then, I'd think about taking texas at +10.5 or something.
You would think about it? You are not going to get Texas +10.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Please link to a sports book taking bets with tu at -1. All I can get is tu @+4 (fanduel)
oklacityag75
AG
Wdiss said:

Are any of ya'll excited about this one?

To me LSU is a good proxy for the Aggies...

If LSU beats the snot out of Texas it would be a pretty good indication of what would happen
if The Rivalry ever came back...

Thoughts??

He'll no!! There is NOTHING that should ever bring that game back except bowl game. To HELL with everything tu!!
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Gigem713 said:

You ask why we care about this game? We care because it's the SEC going against one of our rivals. Like I always say, brothers before others. LSU is our rival, but they are also our family, our brother. We are not disinterested.
I read stuff like this and it makes me gag. Were Tech and Baylor our brothers when we were in the Big 12? Hell no. If LSU lost every game they ever played again I'd be elated. But is there one team I'd rather see lose more? It's Texas.
MaroonStain
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Your "logic" is stupid. tu didn't beat any teams from LA while we went 2-0. We are also undefeated against 0U since joining the SEC.
"Thanks and Gig'em"
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

You're saying Georgia and OU were on the same level as Clemson and Bama last year? C'mon... It was two teams and everybody else. And A&M's the only team that had to play both.
Ifishandlie
AG
gotsand said:

Please link to a sports book taking bets with tu at -1. All I can get is tu @+4 (fanduel)

There's not one. There was a 247 article saying the same thing with no link or proof. I'll bet the farm with anyone who's taking tu.

the physicality of LSU will be something tu hasn't seen. LSU beat Georgia last year when Georgia had something to play for.
BMX Bandit
gotsand said:

per Sallee, that the line at SuperbookUSA, which is Westgate in Vegas
schmellba99
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

Excited? Not in the least! Why would a non sip/tiger be excited about that game?
Because it's fuggin college football? And like it or not, two good teams are going head to head early in the season. This is fun stuff, and worthy of getting excited about.

You are trying too hard.
schmellba99
AG
Ifishandlie said:

Abitaholic said:

I don't see a blow out. Texas can play defense and LSU is the type of team that gets better as the season goes on, especially on offense. Could obviously be way off here but I'm thinking this goes into the 4th quarter and ends up being a one score game; either way.

tu lost 7-8 guys on defense alone. Lost number one receiver. The o line is average at best.

tu will have no running game

Georgia was down. They didn't show up. LSU will dominate this game in the trenches. Concussion boy will be running for his life

I don't think it'll be a blowout simply because LSU is a grind and pound kind of team. Still LSU wins by 10-14 in a dominating defensive game

The homo's will have left the stadium by the third quarter.

You can say Georgia was down all you want, but the fact of the matter is that the homos west of us went into the Sugar Bowl and mushroom stamped what was once a playoff condender team. I dont' care who you are, you don't go into a major NYD bowl game like the Sugar Bowl with a ho-hum attitude. Georgia, the supposedly better team that was going to wipe the floor with the inferior tu team, got prison raped by a better team that day. There is no way to get around that fact.

LSU is likely going to discover that they have a hell of an opponent on their hands when they go to dildo campus to play. It's not going to be a cakewalk, and for our sake I hope the swamp tiggers go into this game with the mindset that it's going to be a brawl and that tu is a good team that can win if LSU doesn't do what the shrimp boat captain and his deckhands coach them to do.
TheBro
Ifishandlie said:

gotsand said:

There's not one. There was a 247 article saying the same thing with no link or proof. I'll bet the farm with anyone who's taking tu.

the physicality of LSU will be something tu hasn't seen. LSU beat Georgia last year when Georgia had something to play for.

How many points do you want to give?
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
I saw the IG. A brick and mortar bookie in Vegas is of little use to me. Interesting that they are 5 points off the only online site making book that I could find.
MaroonStain
AG
The defense of the tu football program on this board and by Aggies is both bewildering and silly.
"Thanks and Gig'em"
schmellba99
AG
MaroonStain said:

The defense of the tu football program on this board and by Aggies is both bewildering and silly.
It's not defending the tu football program - it's being realistic about the world. Kind of a big difference.
Ifishandlie
AG
MaroonStain said:

Need to bookmark some of these responses. They'll be embarrassed after the LSU game.

The tu team that beat Georgia lost 8 defensive players and their best receiver.

LSU gained their best player back from injury and lost hardly anyone. I'm just not seeing how tu is going to hang with LSU. You don't lose 8 starters and pick up where you left off. Just my opinion.
aggiedad7
Artimus Gordon said:

Excited? Not in the least! Why would a non sip/tiger be excited about that game?
If you can't get excited watching 2 top 10 teams early in the year, I have to question whether you are a college football fan. Would it be any different if it was LSU and another school? Still a good game regardless.
MaroonStain
AG
schmellba99 said:

MaroonStain said:

It's not defending the tu football program - it's being realistic about the world. Kind of a big difference.

It's a defense. No need to hide behind "realism." They were 10-4 and people are acting like they are right behind Bama and Clemson.
"Thanks and Gig'em"
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
That's just because they're back and stuff.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.