Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The tu/LSU game...

33,300 Views | 160 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by fightinag
tsuag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This will be the 1st game of the season.

We play LSU in the last game of the [regular] season.

There won't be much that we can learn from the game.

However, It will be GLORIOUS to watch if sip gets their heads kicked in.
Agsuffering@bulaw
tu is down to 2 scholarship RBs. The #2 RB was initially playing WR. On paper, LSU should win by a TD. tu is a passing team. LSU always has great DBs.

Herman is a better coach and this will be his game of the year. But, I expect LSU to come in just as hungry. LSU wins a grind 24-17 or something like that.
carl spacklers hat
LSU's defense will be the difference in the game. I doubt the Cross-Eyed Battering Ram makes it to half without being concussed (not that I wish that, but because his style of play is to lower his head and plow forward when he runs, which is fine against weak Big XII defenses but gets you murdered in the SEC, and I expect him to be scrambling a lot).

Texas just doesn't face D's like LSU's with enough frequency to be prepared for the level they will face. So while Texas' defense might hold the Tigahs to 24 points, I don't think Texas scores more than 17, if that.
gocobra
AG
Win-Win for me.

The 2 teams I hate the most.

Whoever loses will make me smile.
Gigem713
You ask why we care about this game? We care because it's the SEC going against one of our rivals. Like I always say, brothers before others. LSU is our rival, but they are also our family, our brother. We are not disinterested.
GumboMaverick
Any Aggie wants LSU to win.

WE want all of our competition to win every game except the one we play against them. Would you rather beat LSU who is 11-0 and we are 11-0 or would you rather beat LSU when they dropped a few games?

WE dont play tu - so them winning or losing doesnt really matter to me or this year's outcome.

Too bad LSU isnt Maryland. I mean, cmon -- the same tu team that beat Georgia - lost to Maryland. Nearly all of their games last year were close. They are not that good.
GumboMaverick
Gigem713 said:

You ask why we care about this game? We care because it's the SEC going against one of our rivals. Like I always say, brothers before others. LSU is our rival, but they are also our family, our brother. We are not disinterested.
not brothers but their strength of victories only helps us when we beat LSU. That is why you care - not this "brothers" crap.
NyAggie
AG
This is the sips Super Bowl; wouldn't surprise me if they won this one

I expect a close game either way
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Both teams won 10 games last year and both teams pounded Georgia. Texas is one of those teams that can beat a playoff team one weak (OU/Georgia) and lose to a 7-5 team the next (Maryland, OKST). I think LSU is more consistent. If the game was in Death Valley I'd give LSU a 75% chance but playing away from home and changing offensive schemes hurts the Tigers early. On the other hand Texas' defense is going to struggle early with the amount of turnover they've had. This is one of the best matchups of the season on paper where I could see either team blowing the other out.

Also, although everyone will want to compare the LSU games, the team we face 12 games into this season is not going to be the same team Texas faces in week 2... unless we win and Texas loses, then let's compare all day.
BleacherRat
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Both teams won 10 games last year and both teams pounded Georgia. Texas is one of those teams that can beat a playoff team one weak (OU/Georgia) and lose to a 7-5 team the next (Maryland, OKST). I think LSU is more consistent. If the game was in Death Valley I'd give LSU a 75% chance but playing away from home and changing offensive schemes hurts the Tigers early. On the other hand Texas' defense is going to struggle early with the amount of turnover they've had. This is one of the best matchups of the season on paper where I could see either team blowing the other out.
Freudian slip?
Gig 'em!
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Haha maybe
kbarj
AG
Key points in my mind:

- The game is a toss-up, but I am rooting for LSU. Their record matters to us.
- The transitive property is a joke, if LSU beats the Horns, and we beat LSU, it simply means we beat LSU.

Triple-T
AG
LSU is superior.

Sip will suffer.
farmrag
Bill Superman said:

Sip is gonna have the refs for some home cooking

Corndog is overrated, installing a new offense, and it is the beginning of the season

We get them at the end of season when they are best, at Death Valley with some bad blood

The games are not comparable

And it's gonna be a typical BAS Saturday when we lose to the champions in their house and sip beats an overrated corndog team with a coach that got lucky last season
Pretty sure the refs will be from the SEC.
TopoTacos
AG
GumboMaverick said:

Gigem713 said:

not brothers but their strength of victories only helps us when we beat LSU. That is why you care - not this "brothers" crap.

Seriously, LSU is nowhere near family status. Just another SEC team to hate and begrudgingly respect, defensively.
jonj101
Of course I'd rather see the swamp kitties take it, but I'm not absolutely sold on their victory. In addition to the reasons already mentioned (new offense, home cooking in Austin, Herman playing up to big games), I also reference their showing against UCF. (Even though its a different team)

Yes, they snapped their streak and won by 8 including a terrible pick 6 thrown by Burrow, as well as a TD in garbage time by UCF. But at one point UCF was up 14-3, with a back up qb. LSU owned yardage and TOP, but I think if they come out with a similar start in Austin I don't think they make a crushing come back.

They need to pound the steers early and often and make them quit.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Also, although everyone will want to compare the LSU games, the team we face 12 games into this season is not going to be the same team Texas faces in week 2... unless we win and Texas loses, then let's compare all day.
Ummm, Maryland was 5-7. They sucked.
Pelayo
AG
hillcountryag86 said:

Will not be surprised of sips win this one.
lot's of BAS up in here
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
LJF78
Gigem713 said:

Oh My God
Some of you guys ... wow
hillcountryag86
AG
Pelayo said:

hillcountryag86 said:

Will not be surprised of sips win this one.
lot's of BAS up in here
Has absolutely nothing to do with BAS. It's not a, "... we're screwed and tu always wins' thought.

I honestly think texas will win this game in Austin.
Agsuffering@bulaw
No BAS, just facts.

Herman is a big game coach. He won a bunch of big games at Coug HS. He won several last year.

My opinion, Orgeron is a good recruiter but in over his head. He is usually good for 1-2 losses a year to a superior tacticians with less talent. He will not have the home crowd to fall back on.

LSU wins on paper, but nobody will be shocked if the sips pull it out.
lotoarmy
AG
Jelly Brain may not make halftime. LSU linebackers will shut him down, as well as what they call a running game. Sip receivers will be locked down. Sips score no more than 10.
Last of the Old Army
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
lotoarmy said:

Jelly Brain may not make halftime. LSU linebackers will shut him down, as well as what they call a running game. Sip receivers will be locked down. Sips score no more than 10.
Sounds wishful.

I'd say LSU can't score more than 17. Texas wins by 10.
QB1
AG
I have 6 free seats through work, cheering for LSU but have a bad feeling they will blow it
SBDavis87
AG
greg.w.h said:

Let me get this straight: we care about this game because if we can't continue our rivalry directly and get jobbed by Austin some way annually or have them monetize our brand through their cable network then we can live vicariously through our conference mate-not us-defeating them?

Thanks, but they don't get it...
Maybe next year, just like the yearly meme.

A Net Full of Jello
AG
I'm worried LSU will go in overly confident. Sip isn't good but they aren't complete dog crap. LSU has also proven that that will work hard to piss me off by losing games I need them to win. I can see sip winning this one, Ags losing to a pissed off LSU are the end of the year, and sip talking crap for the next 9 months. Hope I'm wrong.
MaroonStain
AG
P.C. Principal said:

Not looking forward to the proxy game trash talk between us and tu. Tired of this "cold war" we have with them where all we do is talk smack about recruiting and how we beat a team who beat a team who beat a team who beat a team who beat a team who beat tu.

and for the love of God if LSU wins I will CRINGE anytime I hear an Aggie talk about "SEC pride" or whatever

One of those guys here.....

"You can't think that way."
"Thanks and Gig'em"
MaroonStain
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

No BAS, just facts.

Herman is a big game coach. He won a bunch of big games at Coug HS. He won several last year.

My opinion, Orgeron is a good recruiter but in over his head. He is usually good for 1-2 losses a year to a superior tacticians with less talent. He will not have the home crowd to fall back on.

LSU wins on paper, but nobody will be shocked if the sips pull it out.

Several? As in two...? Edit: I forgot they beat Kansas.
"Thanks and Gig'em"
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
They beat 2 teams that were in the playoff or in the top 4 the last week of the season. How many of those did we beat again?
TX_Aggie37
AG
Gigem713 said:

This is so ****ing lame. We just need them to have as many games in the win column as possible for our matchup.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Even more universally, it is good for all SEC schools to win their non-conference games to build the reputation of the strength of the league. This is especially true in the high profile matchups.
SEC wins in games like this are what opens up the opportunity for two SEC teams to make the playoffs.

This game is doubly important with regards to the playoffs in that not only would an LSU win boost the SEC but it would essentially eliminate sip as a potential conference champ entry into the playoffs freeing up a potential spot for a second SEC team.

The same thing is true about the Auburn-Oregon game and the Georgia-ND game.
Clemson, on the other hand, has earned so much credit the last few years that they could lose to us and still make the playoffs even with their weak ass schedule.
rbcs_2
AG
Quote:

What you "expect" is irrelevant. As an Aggie, it is common for you to have unrealistic expectations.
What are these unrealistic expectations of which you speak?
fightinag
lsu.......28
tu ........17
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
TX_Aggie37
AG
Well said. I want every SEC team to win every game, but it has absolutely nothing to do with any sense of brotherhood or family or anything like that. It looks good for us and the conference and presents us with more opportunity when the SEC wins. That's it.
MaroonStain
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

They beat 2 teams that were in the playoff or in the top 4 the last week of the season. How many of those did we beat again?

Since we did not play 0U nor Georgia, the answer is 'not applicable.'

We did beat more SEC teams than your beloved tu.
"Thanks and Gig'em"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.