Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The tu/LSU game...

33,244 Views | 160 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by fightinag
TheBro
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DayAg! said:

Quote:

It's not defending the tu football program - it's being realistic about the world. Kind of a big difference.
Thats all well and good, but your claim doesn't hold a lot of water comparatively. LSU is athletic from top to bottom. They have no holes and their team is seasoned from playing big boy football. Their QB is just as good as Corky and they have a decent DC.

If you know anything about football, which I'm beginning to question. tu doesnt match up in the trenches with LSU and that's where the biggest difference is. Apples to oranges. LSU plays big boy football against NFL talent almost every week in the SEC. So did Georgia in regular season. But the bowl game was bogus as hell. I know it, you know it and everyone in the country that knows anything about football knows it. Except our limp wristed comrades to the west. If LSU turns the ball over 6 times I can see LSU losing by about 6 pts, but that's it. Defense wins championships and thats exactly why the BDF cant compete and get run out of the stadium in the playoffs.

Corky wont be able to just throw the ball towards a receiver and expect the refs to bail him out. The real DBU is coming to town. Then we'll see. I'm not a big fan of LSU, but I aint talking about being a fan, What I'm sayin is from a football standpoint tu is gonna get hammered and hammered often and I base that on what I see from both teams, what each lost and how they scheme out against each other. I dont know what you base your assumption that tu is all that but I'd like to hear your analysis. They aint that good. And Herman aint all that as a coach either.

If Texas wins, will that make them a bigger boy team than LSU?
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

What I'm sayin is from a football standpoint tu is gonna get hammered and hammered often and I base that on what I see from both teams, what each lost and how they scheme out against each other. I dont know what you base your assumption that tu is all that but I'd like to hear your analysis. They aint that good. And Herman aint all that as a coach either.

The sips have RB depth problems, but #1 and #2 were both highly rated out of HS and should be good enough to run Herman's offense. They probably run into problems at some point this season. It probably wont happen early against LSU.

The sips have a good QB when healthy and good WRs. They have the ability to compete with LSU's secondary. Herman will scrutinize the film and find ways to attack the opponent. He finds ways to adjust ingame. He gets up for big games. His problem is the small game.

The same cannot be said for Orgeron. Orgeron has a great DC and yes-boy OC. Orgeron himself is not a brain. Herman probably exposes something. Can they adjust?

I expect a low-scoring SEC grind. I think that favors LSU. But I think the sips play a competitive game. This is their biggest home game of the year and they must win for a shot at the playoffs. I believe the sips will play like their dignity is on the line.
longeryak
Rumors on tigerdroppings of possible multiple game suspensions, for starters, over compliance issues.
rootube
AG
longeryak said:

Rumors on tigerdroppings of possible multiple game suspensions, for starters, over compliance issues.
LSU suspensions? Don't get your hopes up. Georgia Southern will act as the Tiger suspension buffer. Short of murder with a credible eyewitness expect all starters and key depth guys to learn their lesson against Southern and be ready to go in time for the Horns.
hillcountryag86
AG
Not a moral dilemma for me. Punish them for Ga Southern. Make certain the team votes to reinstate for tu.
rgag12
AG
TheBro said:

DayAg! said:

Quote:

It's not defending the tu football program - it's being realistic about the world. Kind of a big difference.
Thats all well and good, but your claim doesn't hold a lot of water comparatively. LSU is athletic from top to bottom. They have no holes and their team is seasoned from playing big boy football. Their QB is just as good as Corky and they have a decent DC.

If you know anything about football, which I'm beginning to question. tu doesnt match up in the trenches with LSU and that's where the biggest difference is. Apples to oranges. LSU plays big boy football against NFL talent almost every week in the SEC. So did Georgia in regular season. But the bowl game was bogus as hell. I know it, you know it and everyone in the country that knows anything about football knows it. Except our limp wristed comrades to the west. If LSU turns the ball over 6 times I can see LSU losing by about 6 pts, but that's it. Defense wins championships and thats exactly why the BDF cant compete and get run out of the stadium in the playoffs.

Corky wont be able to just throw the ball towards a receiver and expect the refs to bail him out. The real DBU is coming to town. Then we'll see. I'm not a big fan of LSU, but I aint talking about being a fan, What I'm sayin is from a football standpoint tu is gonna get hammered and hammered often and I base that on what I see from both teams, what each lost and how they scheme out against each other. I dont know what you base your assumption that tu is all that but I'd like to hear your analysis. They aint that good. And Herman aint all that as a coach either.

If Texas wins, will that make them a bigger boy team than LSU?

No either tu was lucky or LSU is a lot more horrible than we think. tu isn't good
Emilio Fantastico
AG
rootube said:

longeryak said:

LSU suspensions? Don't get your hopes up. Georgia Southern will act as the Tiger suspension buffer. Short of murder with a credible eyewitness expect all starters and key depth guys to learn their lesson against Southern and be ready to go in time for the Horns.

But only after a team vote.
TxAg76
AG
Generally speaking, I think it will feel a lot like the UF vs Mia game from this past Saturday
ssolari94
lotoarmy
AG
longeryak said:

KatyAg88 said:

I predict that LSU will score a late touchdown to take the lead by 2 and kittens puts whorns down no where near a whorn player and because rule is left to ref discretion a flag is thrown. tu gets good field position and kicks the winning field goal. I also predict tu will not be flagged for obvious targeting hits.
You do know visiting teams pick the refs?
You do know that the SEC refs have never seen the kind of money that they will be offered. Sips need this badly.

Having said that, LSU still curb stomps the sips!
Last of the Old Army
Panama Red
AG
TheBro said:

Panama Red said:

Quote:

I think Texas is favored now.
Please show me where as the line moved against Texas everywhere I have seen.

It's up to LSU -6.5 now. Anyone with horns -1 has to be excited.
S.A. Aggie
AG
If it is a close game then tu will win it. But I expect LSU to beat them by 3 TD's.
dachsie
Very entertaining thread. I am pretty sure we will cover. Geaux Tigers!
SBISA Victim
AG
Hopefully y'all beat the **** out of them. I live in San Marcos part of the Round Rock-Austin Metropolitan Area and I'm sick of hearing about Sam Ehlinger on the news and this talk of them "being back"
C2 Ag 93
LSU wins this one.

Sadly, I think it also means we lose in Baton Rouge.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
42-24 LSU.

Texas scores spav/sumlin points in garbage time to make it look better cosmetically, but it will be an ass kicking.
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
31-24 Texas
milner79
S.A. Aggie said:

If it is a close game then the refs will make sure tu will win it. But I expect LSU to beat them by 3 TD's.
fify
milner79
Post removed:
by user
fightinag
tu.........27
lsu........17
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
fightinag
WarAGle said:

Hopefully y'all beat the **** out of them. I live in San Marcos part of the Round Rock-Austin Metropolitan Area and I'm sick of hearing about Sam Ehlinger on the news and this talk of them "being back"
Im right down the road from you in Seguin and sick as hell of seeing t shirt tu fans.

Ive heard WalMart is contemplating stopping the sale of gun ammo and tu t-shirts but are afraid the stopping of tu t's will bankrupt them
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.