Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

For Aggies Coming To Clemson: A Guide To Clemson Weekend

30,251 Views | 135 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jroller
Grapes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have 3 spots reserved in Lot 3A. How is it for tailgating environment? My other option was Lot 9 but was told 3A is the better time.

How's the food at the Esso Club?
Mostly Sunny Disposition
AG
Grapes said:

I have 3 spots reserved in Lot 3A. How is it for tailgating environment? My other option was Lot 9 but was told 3A is the better time.

3A is good and is the across the street from the Esso.
Grapes
Getting into town around Midnight Wednesday. Will have some hungry and thirsty travellers. What's the recommendation for good eats and a busy bar?
Scott_Rhymer
WestTexAg12 said:

Scott_Rhymer said:

Mostly Sunny Disposition said:

Damn Scott! Nicely done. This will be my 2nd trip to Clemson and we are bringing the whole tailgate. I searched on StubHub for parking passes in Lot 2 and 5. It looks like I'm about to shell out 400-500 for a pass so we can be in the middle of the party.

I believe it was you I met on your show back in 2004. I could be wrong but pretty sure I'm not.
If you can get into Lot 2 or Lot 5, even if spending that type of money, I would encourage you to do so. You don't want to come all the way for the game and then be stuck tailgating way out of the action.

For those not (or can't) tailgate and park near the stadium, if you walk through Lot 2 or Lot 5 before game, during halftime, or after game...Clemson fans will offer for you to join them. Also will be plenty of TV's in tailgate spots to watch games in progress.

Hope to see you come by the show again this year!

Which lots are overnight parking? Thinking about coming early; tailgating all day and night, then using a truck bed tent overnight and leaving Sunday morning.
Y-Beach is the only official overnight parking that I know of. However, I have always seen cars in lots the morning after games....so I do not believe you will be "kicked out" until early Sunday AM when the trash folks come by to clean.
Scott_Rhymer
Grapes said:

Yes, you received good advice. Lot 3A is better than Lot 9. You will be happy with 3A.

Esso Food is typical bar food. Dixie Chicken kinda food.

Good port in a storm....but not for fine dining!
Scott_Rhymer
Grapes said:

Getting into town around Midnight Wednesday. Will have some hungry and thirsty travellers. What's the recommendation for good eats and a busy bar?
Info in this link will give you my recommendations.

https://tigerpregameshow.blogspot.com/2019/08/a-guide-to-clemson-weekend-for-texas.html
Scott_Rhymer
Saw somewhere that TAMU Midnight Yell Practice will be at Hillcrest High School. That is close to Greenville...but a good ways from Clemson (45-50 minutes).

So, if you are looking for places to stay and you want to attend Yell Practice, I recommend Greenville area.
fourth deck
AG
Yell practice is practically all the way down in Fountain Inn. Not sure why they wouldn't have done it again at the arena in downtown Greenville.
AggieBarbee95
AG
Hi Scott, Thannks for this info, it is great.
Are Uber and Lyft options to the stadium?
Also is lot SCM super far from the stadium?
Thanks in advance.
lhAggie16
AG
Hey Scott are there any parking lots that are free and if not, how much should we expect to pay to park?
Clemson12
AggieBarbee9595 said:

Thanks in advance.
If you're staying in or near Clemson uber/lyft might be an option, if you're staying in Greenville I wouldn't bank on it at all. Getting to the game would be no issue, I just wouldn't count on it to get back home.
Clemson12
lhAggie16 said:

Hey Scott are there any parking lots that are free and if not, how much should we expect to pay to park?
There free parking at what they call Kite Hill. Corner of Perimeter Rd/Hwy 28. If youre simply looking to park and walk into the action it'd be okay but it's not very close and I wouldnt want to lug a cooler from there.

Personally, when i don't have a spot, I park along College Ave. Come down HWY 123 and turn left on to College Ave. It's Clemson's "Down Town". Businesses/Churches/Houses sell parking all down the road towards campus. I'd say $50- $100 at absolute most. Get there early as these spots will fill up quick, honestly I'd say by 10 am it'd start to be slim pickings. Again wouldn't recommend it as a place to tailgate, But it's my choice bc after the game you have to walk right past the bars, which you should post up in for a few hours anyways and watch LSU/Texas bc traffic is miserable so you're better off not being in a hurry trying to get out of town.
McInnis80
Scott, Are there tours available for the new Clemson football facility? I want to see the slide.
MD20/20
AG
Are there any shuttle buses from Greenville?
Sporty Spice
AG
Also curious if there are shuttle busses? Or for Uber, do you think we'd be able to get one back to Greenville if we hang out for a few hours (aka 10pm or later)? Willing to spend a bit as long as it is <$100.
Scott_Rhymer
McInnis80 said:

Scott, Are there tours available for the new Clemson football facility? I want to see the slide.
No tours. Sorry!
Scott_Rhymer
Sporty Spice said:

Also curious if there are shuttle busses? Or for Uber, do you think we'd be able to get one back to Greenville if we hang out for a few hours (aka 10pm or later)? Willing to spend a bit as long as it is <$100.
There are not shuttles to and from Greenville, SC.

I would not trust Uber or Lyft in going to Greenville...but I have never tried so I don't know how hard that would be in all honesty.

Scott_Rhymer
lhAggie16 said:

Here is link to Parking Map...which includes free general parking (Kite Hill area).

http://www.iptaycuad.com/pdf9/5450922.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=28500

If you want to park in an IPTAY spot near the stadium (spots are available for sale on Tigernet) anything around $100 would be a good deal.

https://www.tigernet.com/Clemson-Football-Parking/Texas-A&M-1276/forsale
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
Thoughts on parking at SCM or C-1? Do they have a shuttle to the stadium? I think they do
LoneStarAg10
AG
Thanks for the post!

My wife and I are staying in the Pendleton area. And food or activity recommendations around there or Anderson?

Thanks!
AggieBarbee95
AG
Hi Scott, Any updates on if Dorian will impact the game and travel around the state?
jonj101
I've been keeping an eye on this as well. Initially I thought it would be long gone, but now not so sure.

I read one report that said something in the Atlantic should keep Dorian from moving too far into the northern part of the state, but not sure if thats accurate.
Stumpknocker
AggieBarbee9595 said:

Thanks in advance.

No Uber in South Carolina. They do have a ride service called Goober... exact change required, drivers can't count.
Scott_Rhymer
BeatHellOutOfTU said:

Thoughts on parking at SCM or C-1? Do they have a shuttle to the stadium? I think they do
SCM is further away but will have a shuttle in the area. C-1 is closer...but no shuttle to my knowledge. C-1 would also offer you a nice stroll through campus on the way to the stadium.
Scott_Rhymer
AGS10TAK said:

Thanks for the post!

My wife and I are staying in the Pendleton area. And food or activity recommendations around there or Anderson?

Thanks!
Pendleton is just a 5-10 minute ride into Clemson...so I would encourage you to eat in Clemson.

Smoking Pig is in Pendleton (no alcohol served inside).

If you are going to Anderson, the I-85 and Exit 19 (Pendleton Exit) ha a variety of places (Wild Wings, Hooters, etc.). Nothing "local" to speak of.

Again...my suggestion...you are coming to Clemson...and you are only 5-10 min from Clemson and the options to eat are much more varied and unique. So avoid Anderson...eat in Clemson.
Scott_Rhymer
AggieBarbee9595 said:

Hi Scott, Any updates on if Dorian will impact the game and travel around the state?
I do not like this morning's (Saturday) update from weather.gov. The thing appears to now be forecast to turn north away from FLA and towards SC.

Good News:
Timing still appears to be mid week to late in the week...but Friday and Saturday the storm should be out of SC area. Additionally, as it is today, no major impact to upstate of SC.

Bad News:
We have seen enough of these things to know they wobble from hour to hour in the forecast. If it pushes west, could have an impact on upstate and ATL/CLT airports. A jog to the east and we'll have a nice sunny day midweek with a cool breeze.

As of this AM, I think it is worth watching...especially if you are flying.to CLT (or even ATL). If it does not slow down...one way or another, end of week looks fine in upstate. But if it slows down and wobbles west...could have an impact.

Ironically, you all were in Clemson the year Katrina hit that week if I remember correctly....causing all kinds of travel issues for Aggie fans.
ssolari94
grego
AG
Yes. We were there after the hurricane last time as well. Great memory.

Biggest problem I remember was gas shortages. Kinda scary with a rent car and limited working knowledge of the area. Hoping for no Dorian impact this time around.
EvenPar
AG
On stubhub parking passes in lot 3A start at $225 plus the $55 service fee from stubhub. Is it worth it? Is that the best tailgate scene?
smucket
AG
I'm starting to get a bit worried about the storm...flying into ATL Thursday afternoon so def could be flight interruptions depending as you say on which way it wobbles.
Oh well, maybe I'll need to figure out drive time from Dallas. Surely even an old guy like me can make it in a couple of days.
Mostly Sunny Disposition
AG
smucket said:

I'm starting to get a bit worried about the storm...flying into ATL Thursday afternoon so def could be flight interruptions depending as you say on which way it wobbles.
Oh well, maybe I'll need to figure out drive time from Dallas. Surely even an old guy like me can make it in a couple of days.

Atlanta is sunny on Thursday. It's looking more and more likely that this storm will skirt the coast. It will not go inland far if at all
CrottyKid
AG
This Scott guy is an absolute legend!
Scott_Rhymer
EvenPar said:

On stubhub parking passes in lot 3A start at $225 plus the $55 service fee from stubhub. Is it worth it? Is that the best tailgate scene?
Lot 3 A is a great tailgating atmosphere. Not a bad walk to the stadium and grass lot that will be full of tents, grills, corn, hole, satellite tv's, etc.

I can't tell you the value and worth of that cost. But I can tell you that if you want the tailgating experience that is close to stadium and in a lot that is great for tailgating, you should do it whatever the cost. You all are coming from far away...why would you want to save a few bucks but be a mile from stadium with no tailgating atmosphere?

Easy for me to say...as it is not my money you are spending

Also check tigernet as I see several Lot3A's for cheaper than stubhub and you don't have to pay the fee.

https://www.tigernet.com/Clemson-Football-Parking/Texas-A&M-1276/forsale
Scott_Rhymer

smucket said:

Atlanta is sunny on Thursday. It's looking more and more likely that this storm will skirt the coast. It will not go inland far if at all
ATL is still in the cone of uncertainty as of Sunday AM forecast update. However, most models continue to hint that this thing (wherever it goes) will be gone by Thursday from the southeast.

I would say things look better than Sat AM but, again, I have seen 2-3 of these things a year for 40+ years and the one thing I can tell you for sure is that knowing exactly where they are going to go 4-5 days ahead of time is about as accurate as throwing darts in the dark.
Mostly Sunny Disposition
AG
Scott_Rhymer said:

smucket said:

ATL is still in the cone of uncertainty as of Sunday AM forecast update. However, most models continue to hint that this thing (wherever it goes) will be gone by Thursday from the southeast.

I would say things look better than Sat AM but, again, I have seen 2-3 of these things a year for 40+ years and the one thing I can tell you for sure is that knowing exactly where they are going to go 4-5 days ahead of time is about as accurate as throwing darts in the dark.

Not to be an ass, but I'm pretty sure it's not.

I just changed from Charleston flight to Greenville on Thursday

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.