Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

For Aggies Coming To Clemson: A Guide To Clemson Weekend

30,253 Views | 135 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jroller
Scott_Rhymer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggie Fans...I come in peace. As a public service to welcoming those of you that are coming to Clemson the weekend of September 7th, I have updated this guide to a Clemson weekend that I publish when we have "non-ACC" teams come to Clemson.

It's a free link...a simple blog. I hope it helps you in your planning for the weekend. I can also do my best over the next few weeks to answer questions on this thread if they come up.

https://tigerpregameshow.blogspot.com/2019/08/a-guide-to-clemson-weekend-for-texas.html

Scott Rhymer
Host, The Tiger Pregame Show
105.5 FM Clemson/Greenville
@tigerpregame on Twitter

merch
Thanks.
I'm lucky enough to have enjoyed a game at Clemson about 15 years ago. Aggies came up just short in that game. Hopefully it goes the other way this year!
GumboMaverick
Purple text on whilte background = hard for olds to read.
Leander - Ag
AG
Look forward to first visit
Post removed:
by user
EKG1996
JRizzle
AG
Thanks! That's awesome of you. Looking forward to experiencing it.

JR

Meximan
Things like this are why Clemson is quickly becoming an Aggie OOC favorite.
Loyalty
AG
Thank you. The Clemson reputation of being gracious hosts precedes you. Looking forward to a great game!
Lateralus Ag
AG
Yea yea

Thanks and all that. I hope we beat the tar out of Clemson to the point that they turn into ungracious hosts.
Hey Nav
AG
Thanks, Scott.
Scott_Rhymer
I was in College Station for Clemson games in 2004 and then again last year.

Great atmosphere and total game day experience.

Also amazing the transformation of the stadium area from 2004 until now.
Scott_Rhymer
We have always tried our best....but the trip to College Station in 2004 really changed the culture...ramped it up quite a bit. You all set the standard we all are chasing.
Madman
AG
I went the last time. You know when our idiot coach didn't know when to go for 2.

Had a great time. With the exception of one drunk freshman trying to pick a fight after the game Clemson was very welcoming. Before we were invited to eat with lots of people. After lots of invites to have a drink.

Beautiful campus and nice college town.
Hey Nav
AG
Quote:

I went the last time. You know when our idiot coach didn't know when to go for 2.
The card said to go for 1...
Madman
AG
He thought there would be more scoring...
Rock1982
AG
Scott, fantastic blog.

Awesome that you let the fans onto the field after each game. Not a rush ... but a celebration and fellowship. We used to do that at Kyle Field as well. Special memories.

Thank you.
Rock1982
AG
One small point.

We are not "Aggie fans."

Rather call us, "Texas Aggies"

or

"Fightin Texas Aggies"

or just "Ags"
Scott_Rhymer
Rock1982 said:

Scott, fantastic blog.

Awesome that you let the fans onto the field after each game. Not a rush ... but a celebration and fellowship. We used to do that at Kyle Field as well. Special memories.

Thank you.
Thanks! Yes...we have been holding on for dear life this tradition. Same with the pass out to leave stadium at halftime and be allowed to return.

Scott_Rhymer
Rock1982 said:

One small point.

We are not "Aggie fans."

Rather call us, "Texas Aggies"

or

"Fightin Texas Aggies"

or just "Ags"
Thanks for the correction. I have made the changes in the blog.

Scott
Coleman Sweeney
AG
Nice of you to post. Me the wife and two kids are going to Clemson from Calgary. Should be a long trip. Know it will be worthwhile.
Mostly Sunny Disposition
AG
Damn Scott! Nicely done. This will be my 2nd trip to Clemson and we are bringing the whole tailgate. I searched on StubHub for parking passes in Lot 2 and 5. It looks like I'm about to shell out 400-500 for a pass so we can be in the middle of the party.

I believe it was you I met on your show back in 2004. I could be wrong but pretty sure I'm not.
MD20/20
AG
which sections in the stadium have the visitors' ticket allotments
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
What's happening in Clemson September 7th?
smucket
AG
Coming up for the first time. Really anxious to see the area-lakes and hills look beautiful in pics. Also really ready to show the CFB world we can win in a hostile OOC environment with two great coaches and lots of great players.

Gig 'Em
HereComesTheMoney
I live in Myrtle Beach and one of my buddies graduated from Clemson and is in grad school there now so I go up for games from time to time and I'm definitely planning on coming up for TAMU. Clemson is a great football town, friendly people. Hope we rock them on the field though. BTHO Clemson
jonj101
Great blog - I actually created a thread on Tigernet not too long ago and got some great recommendations as well. It'll be our first time to Clemson and so far the people have expressed a great hospitable disposition.

Really looking forward to this trip.

Edit: One question - when the Aggies upset the reigning national champs, will the field still be open for us to come down to it after the game?
Schall 02
AG
Any recs for a Clemson-area fishing guide ?
JRizzle
AG
Is Texags doing anything for this game?

JR
Meximan
Scott_Rhymer said:

We have always tried our best....but the trip to College Station in 2004 really changed the culture...ramped it up quite a bit. You all set the standard we all are chasing.

average_joker
AG
Excellent write-up. Disappointed that I'll be watching it from the other side of the television.
mike073
AG
Scott - I have two of those $2 bills you guys left scattered all around here last year. I will return them at the game.
Gig 'em Aggies!

Scott_Rhymer
Mostly Sunny Disposition said:

Damn Scott! Nicely done. This will be my 2nd trip to Clemson and we are bringing the whole tailgate. I searched on StubHub for parking passes in Lot 2 and 5. It looks like I'm about to shell out 400-500 for a pass so we can be in the middle of the party.

I believe it was you I met on your show back in 2004. I could be wrong but pretty sure I'm not.
If you can get into Lot 2 or Lot 5, even if spending that type of money, I would encourage you to do so. You don't want to come all the way for the game and then be stuck tailgating way out of the action.

For those not (or can't) tailgate and park near the stadium, if you walk through Lot 2 or Lot 5 before game, during halftime, or after game...Clemson fans will offer for you to join them. Also will be plenty of TV's in tailgate spots to watch games in progress.

Hope to see you come by the show again this year!
Scott_Rhymer
MD20/20 said:

I did not realize there was a post limit here for 24 hoursso it is blocking me from responding to some of the questionsI'll try again.

Primary Visitor Sections in Lower Deck:
S, T, V

Primary Visitor Sections in Upper Deck:
TDT, TDS, TDK, TDL

https://maps.seatics.com/ClemsonMemorialStadium_Football_2017-11-18_2017-09-08_1640_SVGC_tn.gif
John Francis Donaghy
Scott_Rhymer said:

MD20/20 said:

I did not realize there was a post limit here for 24 hoursso it is blocking me from responding to some of the questionsI'll try again.

Primary Visitor Sections in Lower Deck:
S, T, V

Primary Visitor Sections in Upper Deck:
TDT, TDS, TDK, TDL

It's a rookie post limit. Help keeps the trolls and bots under control. As a workaround you can keep editing your most recent post to respond to new questions. Just be sure to note who you're responding to with each new edit.

Thanks for the info. Clemson is a great road trip. I wont make it this time, but I know my fellow Ags will have a great time.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.