Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Please welcome new sponsor Chinook Seedery!

7,339 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Punked Shank
TexAgs Sponsors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
From Chinook Seedery:

Howdy Ags,
Officially introducing you to Chinook Seedery, the Best Seed Ever. My name is Eric Prinsen '94. I'm currently living in Austin with my Aggie wife and two baseball playing sons. During one of their games last year a friend handed me a bag of Chinook seeds. As many of you know, there's nothing more enjoyable and absolutely nerve wracking than watching your kids compete.

For me sunflower seeds are a great way to calm the nervous energy. The Chinook seeds I tried were so much better tasting, and as it turns out, better for you than the other brands on the market. I was hooked. My kids, their friends, their friends parents were all hooked as well.

A few weeks later I popped into the Chinook office, which happens to be in Austin, and asked to meet the founder, Mark. He told me his story. Better flavors, less salt and a unique small batch production process. I was sold, literally. I acquired a piece of the business and am now helping grow the brand. My first priority was to make Chinook the official seed of Aggies everywhere. There's no better place to start that process than TexAgs.

We'd like thank the all the Aggies on this site who've tried Chinook Seeds already and continue to support us. For those of you who haven't had the opportunity, I'd appreciate you giving us a shot the next time you are watching baseball, taking a road trip, hunting and fishing, or whatever you enjoy doing in your spare time.

Over the coming weeks we will be rolling out promotions, contests, giveaways and announcements on our partnerships with stores like HEB, Buc-ees and RaceTrac, among others. And you can always order online at Chinook Seedery:

I'm proud to be a sponsor of TexAgs and look forward to hearing opinions, suggestions and feedback on Chinook Seedery, the Best Seed Ever.

Gig'em,
Eric Prinsen
eric.prinsen@chinookseedery.com
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
So is it named after the Native American people or the Helicopter?
aggiedent
AG
Or a salmon.
Chinook Seedery
Sponsor
Good Question. Actually the warm wind that blows over the Rocky Mountains in the winter. Chinook wind....
Sponsor Message: Chinook Seedery | Best Seeds Ever | www.chinookseedery.com
Mookie
AG
For those that haven't tried them, they are amazing. Takes the David and BIGs of the world to the woodshed. We ordered the variety pack a couple weeks back and it is gone. Hatch chili and cinnamon toast are top notch.
texancanuck11
Where can you buy them? Are you in HEB?
Chinook Seedery
Sponsor
texancanuck11 said:

Where can you buy them? Are you in HEB?
The larger HEB's, RaceTrac, WagABag, Buc-ees, Whole Foods and Central Market.

Online too...use TexAgs20 for 20% off your first purchase.

Let me know what you think.
85Photon
AG
Welcome to TexAgs, and to the market. Are you publically traded?

Also, any chance of branching out into pumpkin seeds?
I had some roasted watermelon seeds once - surprisingly good.
Chinook Seedery
Sponsor
85Photon said:

Thanks. No, private business. Just getting things started. Growing very quickly in Texas. New Buc-ee's deal should help tremendously.
Chinook Seedery
Sponsor
85Photon said:

Also, any chance of branching out into pumpkin seeds?
I had some roasted watermelon seeds once - surprisingly good.
We are looking at other things as well. Just need to get established with current product first. The Outdoors Board community has definitely given us things to think about with complimentary products and flavors.
Legendary Texags Poster
AG
Tried them a few weeks ago for the first time. This is the only brand I'll buy from now on. Great product
Chinook Seedery
Sponsor
Legendary Texags Poster said:

Tried them a few weeks ago for the first time. This is the only brand I'll buy from now on. Great product
Thanks Legendary!
gibby03
AG
I'll give them a try. See what they are all about. Ordered the Variety Pack and will report back....
LihaiAg06
AG
Just ordered the variety pack. Will report back
Chinook Seedery
Sponsor
gibby03 said:

I'll give them a try. See what they are all about. Ordered the Variety Pack and will report back....
Thanks. Looking forward to your report!
Chinook Seedery
Sponsor
LihaiAg06 said:

Just ordered the variety pack. Will report back
Thanks LiHai.
dag07
AG
Literally noticed these just yesterday at Bucees and grabbed a pack instead of some Bigs. I opted for the Parm and Pepper and they did not disappoint. Immediately hooked. I even raved about them to a buddy in North Carolina who loves seeds too. Great product.
Chinook Seedery
Sponsor
dag07 said:

Literally noticed these just yesterday at Bucees and grabbed a pack instead of some Bigs. I opted for the Parm and Pepper and they did not disappoint. Immediately hooked. I even raved about them to a buddy in North Carolina who loves seeds too. Great product.
Thanks Dag. I encourage you to be a good friend and send your buddy a variety pack. TexAgs20 20%0ff
dag07
AG
Done
StickTogetherAgs
Earp16
AG
After seeing the thread on the Outdoors board I ordered 3 bags of Hatch Chile and 3 bags of Cinnamon Toast. CT is on backorder, but the Hatch Chile arrived this week. Between my wife, 4 yr old son and myself at the ballpark the other night we are one bag down. They went fast! Looking forward to trying the CT.
Chinook Seedery
Sponsor
Earp16 said:

After seeing the thread on the Outdoors board I ordered 3 bags of Hatch Chile and 3 bags of Cinnamon Toast. CT is on backorder, but the Hatch Chile arrived this week. Between my wife, 4 yr old son and myself at the ballpark the other night we are one bag down. They went fast! Looking forward to trying the CT.
Thanks Earp!
gibby03
AG
So far I have tried the Dill Pickle. Very good seed so far. I am looking forward to getting around to the rest of the flavors.

What I like:

1. I ate these for an hour or so 2 different times, the inside of my mouth never got that "salty scaly" feel or fatigue. If you eat other mainstream seeds you'll know exactly what I mean.

2. Great flavor and not overbearing by either the salt or the dill flavoring.

3. Seeds are big and not burned at all.

What I didn't like:

Nothing so far!!!!

Good quality seed.
Chinook Seedery
Sponsor
gibby03 said:

So far I have tried the Dill Pickle. Very good seed so far. I am looking forward to getting around to the rest of the flavors.

What I like:

1. I ate these for an hour or so 2 different times, the inside of my mouth never got that "salty scaly" feel or fatigue. If you eat other mainstream seeds you'll know exactly what I mean.

2. Great flavor and not overbearing by either the salt or the dill flavoring.

3. Seeds are big and not burned at all.

What I didn't like:

Nothing so far!!!!

Good quality seed.
Thanks Gibb...
Rockdoc
AG
Well I just went to tower point heb, no chinook seed so had to buy another brand.
Chinook Seedery
Sponsor
Rockdoc said:

Well I just went to tower point heb, no chinook seed so had to buy another brand.

Bummer. HEB website shows they have Hatch there. I'm going to head to College station soon to start talking to more local stores.
lotoarmy
AG
Sorry, but the name "Chinook" gives me nightmares after riding one, turning and burning, to the ground 48 years ago.
Last of the Old Army
schwack schwack
AG
Good luck with the new venture. Ordered today. They sound delicious!

edit to add: Sure is a nice, clean, efficient website & easy ordering system.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
I guess I need to see what all the fuss is about. I mean, how good can sunflower seeds possibly be?
D10878
AG
They are legit... Picked some up just the other day looking for something different on the way to watch little league. Best seed out there.
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

I guess I need to see what all the fuss is about. I mean, how good can sunflower seeds possibly be?

I know. I had to do it, too.
Liquid Wrench
Chinook Seedery said:

Good Question. Actually the warm wind that blows over the Rocky Mountains in the winter. Chinook wind....
This is a historic first occasion of someone giving Brennus a serious answer.
Moe 92
AG
Are you distributed through any of the larger grocery distributors (McLane, Coremark, Grocery Supply, etc.)? If so, just Central Texas DC's or beyond that?
Chinook Seedery
Sponsor
Moe 92 said:

Are you distributed through any of the larger grocery distributors (McLane, Coremark, Grocery Supply, etc.)? If so, just Central Texas DC's or beyond that?
McLane, Grocery Supply, Core Mark, KeHE, GAMA and UNFI.

Are you in this business Moe?
gigem92
AG
Finally got to try some this weekend. Had the Parmesan & Pepper. I have found a new favorite, they were awesome!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.