Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Excited vs Not excited for change in head coach at this time

11,674 Views | 151 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 3010johndeere
Agristotle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sumlin had a ten year plan, don't know why we couldn't put up with four more years of unranked garbage to let him finish.
MagnumLoad
Tamu_mgm said:

Bone6 said:

Not Excited

I think it's a bad year for coaching candidates.
You are simply ignorant if you don't think Jimbo is a great candidate.

No, he is not ignorant. He has plenty of information about Fisher, as many of us do, and doesn't like what he sees. Fisher has been on the decline since the rapist. Karma is a *****.
I hate tu. It's in my blood.
72jag
AG
Very excited.
dgrogers88
AG
Not Exited
EllisCoAg
Triple-T
AG
I wonder if some people ever had the brains to graduate or ever even went to A&M. Every single fact and data statistic shows that Jimbo Fisher is a massive upgrade over Kevin Sumln.

There's absolutely no way I could be anything other than excited as all hell for him to be our next Coach.

Gig em.
Foxo
AG
neAGle96 said:

Cautiously optimistic.

We know Sumlin will have a winning record and around a .500 conference record.

Excited that we may now be able to crack the top 2 in our division on a regular basis.
What makes you think that?
Escobars army
Same thing I said on another thread, excited but expecting that we don't get our first, second, or even third choice. If we hire someone who can't recruit as well as Sumlin and has the same issues with developing talent this will basically kill any momentum we ever had. Kimbo, Frost, Patterson, or Peterson would make me very happy. I'd still be nervously excited about Morris as his passion for A&M and recruiting ties in TX excite me, but he's an unknown commodity.

On a side note the fact we can even get Jimbo (if the reports are real) to consider this role is extremely encouraging. I guess the unlimited $$$$ we are willing to dump into the program is actually paying off.
Athanasius
AG
Not excited.
jpbrad
Very, very excited!! I played here. In addition to the fan base Coach Sumlin is losing prospective student athletes.
SA-AG72
AG
bmorris_iii said:

Not excited. I called and stopped my payments to the 12th Man Foundation.
As big of a mistake as firing R.C.

The big mistake was hiring Sumlin in the first place.
MagnumLoad
Not excited. Miss St gonna lose to ole piss at home and finish 8-4 because THEIR STARTING QB BROKE HIS ANKLE. Our starting QB broke his ankle in game one. If that does not happen the Ags are minimum 8-3 right now, and, based on Starkle's play, could easily be 9-2, maybe better. Starkle's getting healthy and is returning as a RS soph, along with Mond and Blumrick. Firing Sumlin is a huge mistake if the best we can do is Fisher, who is on a downward trajectory and, IMO, of questionable character. I don't want a coach who plays a rapist ( and damn the police and judge, there was solid evidence against Winston that was ignored ) or screams at fans in the stands.

On top of all that, the way this is being handled by our so called leaders is below low class and is very embarrassing.
Elephant Ghost
Less and less interested about big name hires and gambling with $MM.

And when they realize they can't coast to victory in the12th Man home game, b4 you know it their hand stretches out for unearned buyouts rolling over into healthy IRAs.

Give them an opportunity to earn it before the University incurs an unearned debt.
coldag
Not excited. Agree with Magnum Load.
Hamburger Dan
Excited for Jimbo, Peterson, or possibly Frost. Morris would be a back breaker and a massive downer.
stbabs
AG
Sumlin is the 8th head football coach at A&M since I enrolled in 65. Every single one of Sumlin's predecessors in that time was fired.
Fired; no retirements, no "hired by a bigger program." Fired!
Every coach who replaced a fired coach was expected to make A&M a consistently top tier program.
They didn't and in turn, they were fired.
Excited? Not in the least.
MagnumLoad
stbabs said:

Sumlin is the 8th head football coach at A&M since I enrolled in 65. Every single one of Sumlin's predecessors in that time was fired.
Fired; no retirements, no "hired by a bigger program." Fired!
Every coach who replaced a fired coach was expected to make A&M a consistently top tier program.
They didn't and in turn, they were fired.
Excited? Not in the least.

I wish I knew how to blue star your post. You nailed it
TXAggie2011
AG
Thoroughly ambivalent.
Fannie Luddite
AG
Not excited. Sumlin has finally started to put the pieces together to compete in the SEC - a good defense, good coordinators (Chavis), played a true freshman for most of the year and have more experience in the OL and young depth coming back next year.

I think this is a mistake.
bufrilla
AG
Serious mistake!!!!! The sips and Herman are laughing their a---s off. They are being made relevant again.
Thanks ZOO. More fools here than anyone realizes.
Semper Fi
T-Shizzle
bufrilla said:

Serious mistake!!!!! The sips and Herman are laughing their a---s off. They are being made relevant again.
Thanks ZOO. More fools here than anyone realizes.
Semper Fi

Because they know Sumlin can bring in the type of players to win titles! This is sad!
Mathguy64
AG
This will be my 6th new HC. I started in 82 when Jackie was brand new. Only the RC transition was smooth and turned out well. People forget how close Sherrill was to getting canned in year 3. He was 5-6, 5-5-1 and 6-5 through year 3 and had 3 big wins at the end to literally save his job.

I have watched OU go through Schnellenburger, Gibbs and Blake to get to Stoops and watched the sips go through Mac1 and Mac2 to get to Mack3, only to trip over their own dicks now with Charlie and Kiss-Kiss. Florida and Tennessee have both been revolving doors.

The cold reality is people beg and scream for a coaching change and it's way more miss than hit.

I thought the time to cut our losses was at the end of last season. It would not have looked bad. This year it looks bad and the timing is lousy. Too many big jobs and not enough quality candidates.
JP77040
It's time for a change even if we do finish 9-4. But I don't really see Jimbo leaving FSU over athletic facilities. He has as much talent at FSU now that A&M does, and he can get to the CFP without having to beat Alabama. That last part is going to be the biggest challenge in getting a big name coach to come to College Station. Maybe we could get the next big name coach before they are a big name.

The SEC West should sweat a little bit when they see our name on the schedule. Kyle Field should be a place where teams expect to lose. Right now, they look at us like we are Arkansas - mentally chalking up a W when the schedule comes out. That's the real reason Sumlin has to go.
Jason Ag
AG
I'd be ok with Sumlin staying (mostly due to the insane contract) if we can get a guy like Kingsbury back as an OC. I thought a seasoned guy like Mazzone would help, I was wrong.
AggieHoopsGuy
AG
Not excited. Change for the sake of change isn't a good reason to fire Sumlin. The only coaches worth firing Sumlin for (that may be available) are Jimbo, Chip Kelly, and Dan Mullen. If we get one of these three coaches I will be excited. Anyone else is a lateral move or downgrade.
mgreen
Not excited. Bad move.
BanderaAg956
Excited Sumlin is done - Oh Hell yes, just 3 years too late!

NOT EXCITED about the new hire - our BMA's will find a way to screw it up royally!
gigem70
AG
I'll get back with you after a new coach is hired. Not a big Sumlin fan but we could do worse.
SECTAMU#1
Not excited.
EllisCoAg
AG
I am surprised the vote is this close but maybe like me many feel Sumlin needs to go but not excited about the prospects so far.
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
Nom de Plume
AG
Absolutely terrible fkg move. There is no 10 win magic coach. We'll be right here again in 5 years... Outside a change in OC we have what we need to succeed.

We'll save money, I guess, investing in the next up and coming assistant. This isn't a destination and we're not going to money whip one of the best 3 or 4 coaches avaulable in the country. It's an absolute pipe dream.

Stupid.
CrazyDayDuck
Looking forward to our BMAs and Woodward totally f*****g this up...especially if we bring in Jimbo.

After three seasons, we'll be no closer to a natty than we currently are.

However, BAS will be at an all-time so the meltdowns will be hysterical.
Shooz in Katy
AG
Nom de Plume said:

Absolutely terrible fkg move. There is no 10 win magic coach. We'll be right here again in 5 years... Outside a change in OC we have what we need to succeed.

We'll save money, I guess, investing in the next up and coming assistant. This isn't a destination and we're not going to money whip one of the best 3 or 4 coaches avaulable in the country. It's an absolute pipe dream.

Stupid.

If Sumlin were to still be around when Saban finally retires, he'd have to be savvy enough to be coaching at a championship level by then right? I get that logic. But you know these BMAs want to win now. So they roll the dice.
Nom de Plume
AG
Jimbo isn't coming here. lmao Why would he?

There isn't one top coach that's going to come here. We'll gamble with the next big one... Maybe it will work out. Odds are very good it will not.
Mayhaw Jelly
AG
Not excited, and increasingly embarrassed by my felllow Aggies that have fallen into this ridiculous mob-mentality...and the message boards that enable them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.