Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Fisher? Really? Do we just not care about what an arsehat he is?

38,697 Views | 241 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by beerad12man
dBoy99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not me. I want a guy who doesn't condone sexual assault on drunk girls.
HoustonAg2106
AG
dBoy99 said:

Not me. I want a guy who doesn't condone sexual assault on drunk girls.

You can't just keep saying it and make it become true, what did he do specifically that says he condones rape?
My Dad Earl
AG
Isn't it really the compliance office of the University that handles off the field issues and discipline? I thought a head coach's job was to put the best players in and win football games. With the exception of this year, Jimbo seems to do that well.
who?mikejones
AG
ol_army12 said:

Isn't it really the compliance office of the University that handles off the field issues and discipline? I thought a head coach's job was to put the best players in and win football games. With the exception of this year, Jimbo seems to do that well.

Are you a closet Baylor fan? Penn State maybe?
These are my people, Americans.
AgFan2015
He's coached under Bobby Bowden and Nick Saban. And won his own National Title....I think he knows a little about winning.

The Jameis thing is a footnote to his career....it's not like jimbo was out late nights doing blow and choking hookers. He had a high profile dumbass who may or may not have assaulted someone. Move on....
technoviking
AG
You have excellent reach!

My Dad Earl
AG
who?mikejones said:

ol_army12 said:

The difference of those situations was that there was undeniable evidence of a cover up by the head coaches and the administrations. In Jimbo's case, everyone just loves to speculate that he did.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Mr.Infectious said:

He's coached under Bobby Bowden and Nick Saban. And won his own National Title....I think he knows a little about winning.

The Jameis thing is a footnote to his career....it's not like jimbo was out late nights doing blow and choking hookers. He had a high profile dumbass who may or may not have assaulted someone. Move on....

May or may not have us one thing, but was definitely cleared by the police and DA so what was Jumbo supposed to do? Become Roger Goodell and take the law into his own hands?
dBoy99
AG

condone
kndn/
verb
verb: condone; 3rd person present: condones; past tense: condoned; past participle: condoned; gerund or present participle: condoning

accept and allow (behavior that is considered morally wrong or offensive) to continue.

synonyms: disregard, accept, allow, let pass, turn a blind eye to, overlook, forget;

MaxPower
OldArmy91 said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

MaxPower said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

MaxPower said:

Does anyone have an article linking his exact role in the alleged rape? I know the cops looked the other way but I haven't seen anything that indicates they did so at his request. Is it not possible the police there simply give the local players preferential treatment regardless of who the coach is?

And not contact the coach when a player is accused of rape?
If they believe the claim is baseless why contact the coach? You want the police calling your boss saying some girl said you raped her with no evidence?

Google the police report.

She said that she was raped. She went to a hospital and had a rape kit performed. The medical staff concluded that she had injuries consistent with rape. Winston's DNA was found on her panties.

Now compare that to Winston lying about not being around her and his roommate deleting pics of Winston having sex with the girl.
Ahem, Maxpower ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Now look on youtube. For all the **** that was thrown at Briles, what he did doesn't even come close to what Fisher did. Briles was negligent. He had a hands-off approach and it got him fired. But he damn sure didn't let those rapists (who were only accused at the time just like Winston) play one down. They never saw the field. Fisher, on the other hand, got involved and out front, politicking and playing the media against the accuser. How long did Winston sit? Yeah, that's what I thought. For those of you that want Fisher, just keep in mind that Briles has much cleaner hands and is available.
Ok so all this information was shared with Fisher? Please point me to where that is stated. It seems much more likely to me the police simply told Jimbo there wasn't enough evidence to even warrant an investigation and Winston told Jimbo he was innocent. Jimbo then had to make a decision based on that and sided with his player. You can say that was the wrong decision but making that decision once during his long tenure there is not the same as Briles making the same decision a dozen times without questioning whether he had a bigger problem.
45-70Ag
AG
In the end, a whole lot of arguing over an internet rumor.

HoustonAg2106
AG
dBoy99 said:

condone
kndn/
verb
verb: condone; 3rd person present: condones; past tense: condoned; past participle: condoned; gerund or present participle: condoning

accept and allow (behavior that is considered morally wrong or offensive) to continue.

synonyms: disregard, accept, allow, let pass, turn a blind eye to, overlook, forget;

Again you aren't actually saying anything, what did Jumbo Fisher do specially that says he CONDONES rape?
TXAggie2011
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

MaxPower said:

Does anyone have an article linking his exact role in the alleged rape? I know the cops looked the other way but I haven't seen anything that indicates they did so at his request. Is it not possible the police there simply give the local players preferential treatment regardless of who the coach is?

And not contact the coach when a player is accused of rape?

There is no particular reason to contact the head coach unless you think he knows something about what you're (not really) investigating...even if as the police department you're trying to help out the football team.
Goose83
AG
Just as a Captain of a ship is held accountable for the mistakes of the numbnuts under his command, so should Football coaches as well (they certainly get paid enough to do so).
who?mikejones
AG
ol_army12 said:

who?mikejones said:

ol_army12 said:

The difference of those situations was just that there was sure evidence and history of a cover up by the head coach and the administrations. In Jimbo's case, everyone just loves to speculate that he did (really because of the unpopularity of Winston).

That quote doesnt necessarily have anything to do with jimbo or briles. However, i think you could find a very similar quote on baylorfans or whatever penn state's message board is. It's exactly the attitude that many Baylor fans have towards briles and many Penn State fans have towards Petrino.

That's the problem. It's ignorant to think that the head coach is unaware of any situation his players are in at this level.

So, all I'm saying is that your idea is shared along with many Baylor/ Penn State fans.
OldArmy91
AG
YEAH, It was shared. He knew it. Then he paraded out in front of the cameras more than once with dumbass remarks and stupid looks on his face like he was mentally handicapped. I said youtube. Don't take my word for it.

What he did was truly pathetic. Briles looks good compared to what he did. But Baylor is a lot closer so who cares about what's happening across the country. Old rivals still carry weight on message boards.
My Dad Earl
AG
who?mikejones said:

ol_army12 said:

who?mikejones said:

ol_army12 said:

The difference of those situations was just that there was sure evidence and history of a cover up by the head coach and the administrations. In Jimbo's case, everyone just loves to speculate that he did (really because of the unpopularity of Winston).

That quote doesnt necessarily have anything to do with jimbo or briles. However, i think you could find a very similar quote on baylorfans or whatever penn state's message board is. It's exactly the attitude that many Baylor fans have towards briles and many Penn State fans have towards Petrino.

That's the problem. It's ignorant to think that the head coach is unaware of any situation his players are in at this level.

So, all I'm saying is that your idea is shared along with many Baylor/ Penn State fans.

No. Like I said. Those fans deny that there was a cover up despite the factual evidence disproving them. Show me actual concrete evidence that is not an internet rumor that Jimbo covered something up and I'll change my opinion on him.
biobioprof
http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/10/20/jimbo-fisher-abruptly-cuts-interviews-short-after-asked-about-jameis-winston/

Quote:

Fisher clammed up after he was asked a reasonable question - whether it's fair his reputation has taken a hit defending his quarterback.

"Why is my reputation taking a hit? For backing a kid who has done nothing wrong?" Fisher said. "I don't want to get into this. The questions weren't supposed to be asked today. I'm done. I'm done."
... maybe not so terrible when the accusations first came out, but:
Quote:

Fisher's comment that Winston "has done nothing wrong" is beyond baffling. Last spring, Winston was suspended for three games in baseball for shoplifting crab legs. He sat out this year's football game against Clemson after yelling an obscene phrase in front of other students while at the FSU student union.
TXAggie2011
AG
Goose61 said:

Just as a Captain of a ship is held accountable for the mistakes of the numbnuts under his command, so should Football coaches as well (they certainly get paid enough to do so).

We don't fire bosses and CEOs because their employees did something terrible in their private life. That's untenable, even more so when you're coaching 18-22 year olds off living away from home for the first time.

The CEO of PBS isn't going to get fired tomorrow because Charlie Rose did something terrible. Nor would the captain of a ship be fired because one of his crew did something stupid in town during a call at port.
HoustonAg2106
AG
ol_army12 said:

who?mikejones said:

ol_army12 said:

who?mikejones said:

ol_army12 said:

No. Like I said. Those fans deny that there was a cover up despite the factual evidence disproving them. Show me actual concrete evidence that is not an internet rumor that Jimbo covered something up and I'll change my opinion on him.

Agreed, if Jumbo participated in a cover up someone please share the evidence

I'll save you some time, there is none
TXAggie2011
AG
OldArmy91 said:

YEAH, It was shared. He knew it. Then he paraded out in front of the cameras more than once with dumbass remarks and stupid looks on his face like he was mentally handicapped. I said youtube. Don't take my word for it.

What he did was truly pathetic. Briles looks good compared to what he did. But Baylor is a lot closer so who cares about what's happening across the country. Old rivals still carry weight on message boards.

You can dislike Jimbo and be against hiring him without having to use the line "Briles looks good..." or throwing a hissy fit about Baylor getting too much relative attention.

I don't really get why you keep going back to Art Briles and Baylor thread after thread. I guess I know what you're trying to do, but I find that a weird argument.
HoustonAg2106
AG
biobioprof said:

http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/10/20/jimbo-fisher-abruptly-cuts-interviews-short-after-asked-about-jameis-winston/

Quote:

Fisher clammed up after he was asked a reasonable question - whether it's fair his reputation has taken a hit defending his quarterback.

"Why is my reputation taking a hit? For backing a kid who has done nothing wrong?" Fisher said. "I don't want to get into this. The questions weren't supposed to be asked today. I'm done. I'm done."
Quote:

Fisher's comment that Winston "has done nothing wrong" is beyond baffling. Last spring, Winston was suspended for three games in baseball for shoplifting crab legs. He sat out this year's football game against Clemson after yelling an obscene phrase in front of other students while at the FSU student union.

But what? Winston was punished for both of those things and if charges of rape had been brought on Jameis I gurantee he would have been suspended immediately...but he was never charged which means no suspension...it's that way at every school in America
cedar
Can't wait until he's here and we start winning. Not remotely interested in anything else. If you don't like it don't go to the games. I'll assure you no one cares.
bmks270
AG
Fisher doesn't care what happens off the field. Only FSU fans like him.

Winston's behavior at FSU:
-rape
-property damage
-shoplifting
-shouting obscenities demeaning women

Crimi-Noles.

Aided by a corrupt PD and boosters.
OldArmy91
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

OldArmy91 said:

You can dislike Jimbo and be against hiring him without having to use the line "Briles looks good..." or throwing a hissy fit about Baylor getting too much relative attention.

I don't really get why you keep going back to Art Briles and Baylor thread after thread. I guess I know what you're trying to do, but I find that a weird argument.
I'm comparing Briles to Fisher, and pointing out the obscene hypocrisy considering how loathed Briles is yet he did FAR LESS than Fisher.

Is this plain enough for you, or do I need to somehow make it simpler to understand?
who?mikejones
AG
I just dont accept that the head coach at a major university doesn't know what's up.

Some evening reading:

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/jameis-winston-florida-state-tallahassee-police-hindered-investigation-documents-101014

Clay travis' take in above: https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/florida-state-s-conspiracy-of-jameis-winston-silence-has-a-lot-in-common-with-penn-state-101514/

https://www.thenation.com/article/reality-their-own-jameis-winston-rape-and-seminole-fandom-florida-state/

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/wn33gm/the-jameis-winston-rape-lawsuit-has-some-damaging-new-information

https://www.si.com/college-football/2014/10/13/florida-state-jimbo-fisher-jameis-winston-investigation

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/florida-state-official-says-20-rape-allegations-against-football-players-in-9-years-112515?amp=true
biobioprof
HoustonAg2106 said:

biobioprof said:

Quote:

Quote:

But what? Winston was punished for both of those things and if charges of rape had been brought on Jameis I gurantee he would have been suspended immediately...but he was never charged which means no suspension...it's that way at every school in America
So that expunges everything to the point where you say he's done nothing wrong? As opposed to saying the usual about he made mistakes, taken his punishment and learned from it?
technoviking
AG
OldArmy91 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

OldArmy91 said:

I'm comparing Briles to Fisher, and pointing out the obscene hypocrisy considering how loathed Briles is yet he did FAR LESS than Fisher.

Is this plain enough for you, or do I need to somehow make it simpler to understand?
briles did FAR LESS than fisher?

please explain that one.
HoustonAg2106
AG
bmks270 said:

Fisher doesn't care what happens off the field. Only FSU fans like him.

Winston's behavior at FSU:
-rape(no charges)
-property damage (no charges)
-shoplifting (suspended by baseball coach)
-shouting obscenities demeaning women (suspended by Jimbo Fisher)

Crimi-Noles.

Aided by a corrupt PD and boosters.

Fixed some things for you for accuracy
who?mikejones
AG
At the very least, one can see that the Tallahassee pd, da and fsu' s ad didn't exactly put this investigation at the top of their list
HoustonAg2106
AG
biobioprof said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

biobioprof said:

Quote:

Quote:

So that expunges everything to the point where you say he's done nothing wrong? As opposed to saying the usual about he made mistakes, taken his punishment and learned from it?

I don't know what to tell you, he was not charged with anything so I think he handled it just fine. All this nonsense about a cover up needs to stop though unless you have some kind of proof
HoustonAg2106
AG
who?mikejones said:

At the very least, one can see that the Tallahassee pd, da and fsu' s ad didn't exactly put this investigation at the top of their list

Agreed, but why does that make Jimbo the bad guy?
who?mikejones
AG
Because he is in charge. Just Like sumlin was when we seemingly had someone arrested monthly.
technoviking
AG
who?mikejones said:

correct. now you need to show hard evidence in connecting jimbo fisher's alleged cover up in this.

and i'm impartial to jimbo coming to a&m. i'd just like to see an argument that goes beyond "FISHER CONDONES RAPE AND ANYONE THAT WANTS FISHER CONDONES IT TOO!"
OldArmy91
AG
technoviking said:

OldArmy91 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

OldArmy91 said:

briles did FAR LESS than fisher?

please explain that one.
Good god why don't people do their own research instead of relying on message boards?

Without going into details, Briles never let those guys play, Jimbo did because his coveted NC was on the line. Briles didn't get in front of cameras and lie his ass off and politick. Jimbo attacked the credibility of the rape victim. IN PUBLIC. Briles was hands-off.

I'm done holding hands.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.