Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Tidefans post-game thread

22,444 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MidTnAg
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CrottyKid said:

Ian Neff said:

I'm still cracking up at the absurdity of people who think that if we were to be *****s to visitors that it would somehow make our team, our culture or University BETTER. As if they'd be happy to hear a Bama alum on the way out, saying,

"Yeah. We won by eight. Which is really surprising, given how rude, incredulous, drunk, whiny, unwelcome of mediocrity their fans were. I mean dang, those people in the stands sure had the killer intinct it takes to win."

So
Much
Absurdity.

I can't speak for all potbangers, but as for myself, you are mischaracterizing my thinking. My point is not that being mean and hating losing directly correlates to wins. It is that there is a third variable, a common cause of both. That third variable is the "be nice" attitude. It is the same general attitude and culture that accepts mediocrity and also encourages good ol' downhome Texas hospitality above all else.
Bull sht.

It's called "understanding that this is just a football game and should be a fun thing and that there is no value in being a butthole to the opponents just because they brought a better team and beat you on the field."

I would love to see14-0 seasons and a lot of gold trophies at Kyle as much as the next guy, but I see no value in becoming a grade a jackass in the event we lose a damned football game. Am I happy about it? Generally not. Then again, I don't let a football game dictate whether I'm happy or sad for any major length of time either. I enjoy the hell out of going to other places and having a good time - prefer it when we win, but even in losses I've had awesome times with good people because they were jackasses. Conversely, I won't go to a game in Austin again and i know a lot of folks that would much rather have acid dripped on their testicles than go to a game in Lubbock again - all based not on the outcome of the game, but the fact that the people there were straight up *******s and it took away the fun of going there.
schmellba99
AG
ArcticPenguin said:

VikingNik said:

OU game in 2000 maybe similar? Exciting game we lost at the end. Crowd was loud and proud throughout if I recall correctly.
I wasn't. I was pissed that we threw the pick to put them back in the game. It was a dumb playcall at that point in the game, and a surprising one given RC was the coach. The Ags had no business beating OU in 2002, and no business losing to them in 2000. We gave that game away at the end.

That entire play call still makes me mad, because the OU linebacker was way out of position and there was a monster clip on Farris on the return right in front of an official that went unflagged.

We still had our chances in that game, couldn't close the deal. OU was overall a better team than we were and we played a hell of a game against them in 2000.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
I doubt there were many high fives after the loss, but i'm sure there were plenty of people saying positive things after the game.

While there can only be one winner and one loser, it IS possible for there to be two good teams, or two teams who played a good game, at the same time.

Ian Neff
AG
Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

I doubt there were many high fives after the loss, but i'm sure there were plenty of people saying positive things after the game.

While there can only be one winner and one loser, it IS possible for there to be two good teams, or two teams who played a good game, at the same time.

We have a winner.
hornhatinvol
Pfffffff!! When a Bammer talks so sweet about an opposing team, it means that team sucks balls. When UT was good, Bammer fans threw their drinks at us and called us every name in the book.
Ian Neff
AG
hornhatinvol said:

Pfffffff!! When a Bammer talks so sweet about an opposing team, it means that team sucks balls. When UT was good, Bammer fans threw their drinks at us and called us every name in the book.

Ok cool. I'll start by telling you to go away. And I'm serious.

ARGH! YOU STiNKY MAN!
Ian Neff
AG
hornhatinvol said:

Also "when UT was good" LOL.
AG @ HEART
"This is mind boogling"

cr
kentky said:

what's wrong with cheering a team that played with great effort and heart even though they lost to a much better team?

Two words: year 6
Rebel Yell
AG
phatbeast said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

phatbeast said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

Quote:

Aggie fans acted like they won a huge game, and Bama fans acted like they lost one.

So pathetically true.

We lose by 8 ... in our house ... and high five each other for not losing by 26.

What other school does that?

It's not just about the final score in any single game; it's about how the season will play out and what we can learn from the teams' performances.

We lost, but the results showed that the Aggies are better than we thought they were and that the Tide may be worse than we thought it was. If we can stand toe to toe with the #1 team in the country, we have a decent shot at finishing with 9-10 wins during the regular season. If they barely come away with a win, maybe their path to the championship isn't quite as easy as they thought it was.

I hate to break the news to you but we are only 2-2 against Power 5 teams this season.

When you add in the 5 straight losses to Power 5 teams that we ended last season with, we are now 2-7 in our last 9 games against Power 5 teams.

As for the Bama game, we were down 24-3 before we began our comeback. Do you think maybe, just maybe, Bama thought they had the game won and started to call it a day (like we did against UCLA)?

Forgive me for wanting to see 9 wins before I uncork a bottle of champagne.

No one is saying you need to open the champagne yet. But 9 wins actually looks possible right now. It wouldn't if we had lost 59-0.

Also, give me a break on the UCLA comparison. Bama doesn't let off the gas. Look at its previous two games. The Aggies played a tough game, they didn't give up, and they played the Tide closer than anyone thought. There's reason to have some hope for the rest of the season. We'll see if things have turned around or if we run into the Sumlin Slide once again.

9 wins looked possible in October 2014
9 wins looked possible in October 2015
9 wins looked possible in October 2016

Keep expecting it all to come together. I like your optimism.
Galborathelion
Anyone remember when we were walking all over the SWC and everyone REALLY hated us? We were one probably one of the most hated schools in the country at the time.

I'd rather be hated, it usually means you win games.
NonReg85
AG
kentky said:

what's wrong with cheering a team that played with great effort and heart even though they lost to a much better team?
Not a damn thing unless you're one of these who think they're "winners" because they whine more than anyone else.
MooreTrucker
AG
garc said:

kentky said:

We get it. Move on.
MooreTrucker
AG
Galborathelion said:

Anyone remember when we were walking all over the SWC and everyone REALLY hated us? We were one probably one of the most hated schools in the country at the time.

I'd rather be hated, it usually means you win games.
Hated for winning lots of games, not hated for being *******s to opposing fans or teams.
JPK89
AG
kentky said:

Nothing if you like making out with your hot sister.
Azeew
CrazyDayDuck said:

Quote:

Aggie fans acted like they won a huge game, and Bama fans acted like they lost one.

So pathetically true.

We lose by 8 ... in our house ... and high five each other for not losing by 26.

Don't know about you, but I know I didn't high five anyone after the loss. Maybe you're just a miserable person with an inferiority complex.
MooreTrucker
AG
Bingo
FriscoKid
AG
People that post on Tidefans are thin-skinned tiitty babies with a horrible entitlement complex.
phatbeast
AG
Azeew said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

Quote:

So pathetically true.

Don't know about you, but I know I didn't high five anyone after the loss. Maybe you're just a miserable person with an inferiority complex.
cr
MooreTrucker said:

garc said:

kentky said:

We get it. Move on.

I can't, I'm stuck with Sumlin.
JoeCephas1974
hornhatinvol said:

When was the last time tu was good at anything other than voting for bringing back the rivalry and wielding dildo-swords? Not necessarily in order of popularity.
RGLAG85
AG
Rebel Yell said:

phatbeast said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

phatbeast said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

Quote:

So pathetically true.

It's not just about the final score in any single game; it's about how the season will play out and what we can learn from the teams' performances.

We lost, but the results showed that the Aggies are better than we thought they were and that the Tide may be worse than we thought it was. If we can stand toe to toe with the #1 team in the country, we have a decent shot at finishing with 9-10 wins during the regular season. If they barely come away with a win, maybe their path to the championship isn't quite as easy as they thought it was.

I hate to break the news to you but we are only 2-2 against Power 5 teams this season.

When you add in the 5 straight losses to Power 5 teams that we ended last season with, we are now 2-7 in our last 9 games against Power 5 teams.

As for the Bama game, we were down 24-3 before we began our comeback. Do you think maybe, just maybe, Bama thought they had the game won and started to call it a day (like we did against UCLA)?

Forgive me for wanting to see 9 wins before I uncork a bottle of champagne.

No one is saying you need to open the champagne yet. But 9 wins actually looks possible right now. It wouldn't if we had lost 59-0.

Also, give me a break on the UCLA comparison. Bama doesn't let off the gas. Look at its previous two games. The Aggies played a tough game, they didn't give up, and they played the Tide closer than anyone thought. There's reason to have some hope for the rest of the season. We'll see if things have turned around or if we run into the Sumlin Slide once again.

9 wins looked possible in October 2014
9 wins looked possible in October 2015
9 wins looked possible in October 2016

Keep expecting it all to come together. I like your optimism.
You say it sarcastically but that's all you or I can have, optimism! There's no amount of asshatting that you can do that will change the outcome of a game or who coaches this team. So as disappointing as a loss can be, I choose optimism, otherwise I'm just a miserable wretch.
RGLAG85
AG
garc said:

MooreTrucker said:

garc said:

kentky said:

We get it. Move on.

I can't, I'm stuck with Sumlin.
And there's not a damn thing you can do about it. No amount of bit ching will change it so unless you have an extra 10s of millions laying around, move on.
MidTnAg
AG
kentky said:

What's wrong with cheering a team that played with great effort and heart even though they lost to a much better team?
There is nothing wrong with anyone cheering their team who played a hell-of-a-game in losing to a team that had the #1 recruiting class for each of the past six years.

What are you supposed to do when your team's players put in so much effort into a game? Boo them? Shame them? Turn your back on them?

Not me. I was very excited to see how well they played. At least we now know how well they can play. Let's see if the coaches can continue to get them performing at this elevated level the rest of the season.

If so, we could win the rest of our games. If not, we could fall back into the all too typical Sumlin late season collapse again.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.