Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Tidefans post-game thread

22,429 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MidTnAg
fightinag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CrazyDayDuck said:

Quote:

Aggie fans acted like they won a huge game, and Bama fans acted like they lost one.

So pathetically true.

We lose by 8 ... in our house ... and high five each other for not losing by 26.

What other school does tthat?
It took years of being programmed to celebrate not getting totally humiliated
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
Buglerank62
AG
Time to move on. Florida will tell us a lot about our team this year. Do the coaches get the team amped up to play a game that is a winnable game on the road after giving max effort against Bama? Hope it is not a MSU type game this Saturday. florida is definitely winnable this year. Need to take advantage of it.
dBoy99
AG
Because if we acted like a bunch of sore losers, cussing and throwing stuff would it change the outcome? Would crying and sobbing like someone died guarantee victory next season against Bama?

When are you potbanging, miserable, pathetic idiots going to learn that NO ONE IN A POSITION OF AUTHORITY GIVES A **** THAT YOU ARE UNHAPPY WITH THE COACH?????? When it comes time to make a change are they going to ask your advice on who to hire? Does your opinion matter?

The way I see it, you can attend games and try to have fun regardless of the outcome OR you can make yourself miserable with every loss or close win because things didn't go the way you wanted at an event in which you personally have ZERO control over. You choose. I would rather have fun with my family/friends at Kyle than be miserable. I don't let Aggie football ruin my week. I have too many other important things to deal with that I have a direct impact on.
CrottyKid
AG
You're right. Besides, Sumlin is going to get a contract extension. It just makes sense. The youth on the team look good, several SEC teams will be looking for coaches, recruiting is still good. I think the plan is to just keep Sumlin until after Saban retires. We are on the verge of competing for 2nd place in the West for years to come.
CrazyDayDuck
phatbeast said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

Quote:

Aggie fans acted like they won a huge game, and Bama fans acted like they lost one.

So pathetically true.

We lose by 8 ... in our house ... and high five each other for not losing by 26.

What other school does that?

It's not just about the final score in any single game; it's about how the season will play out and what we can learn from the teams' performances.

We lost, but the results showed that the Aggies are better than we thought they were and that the Tide may be worse than we thought it was. If we can stand toe to toe with the #1 team in the country, we have a decent shot at finishing with 9-10 wins during the regular season. If they barely come away with a win, maybe their path to the championship isn't quite as easy as they thought it was.

I hate to break the news to you but we are only 2-2 against Power 5 teams this season.

When you add in the 5 straight losses to Power 5 teams that we ended last season with, we are now 2-7 in our last 9 games against Power 5 teams.

As for the Bama game, we were down 24-3 before we began our comeback. Do you think maybe, just maybe, Bama thought they had the game won and started to call it a day (like we did against UCLA)?

Forgive me for wanting to see 9 wins before I uncork a bottle of champagne.
CrazyDayDuck
CrottyKid said:

We are on the verge of competing for 2nd place in the West for years to come.

Hell yeah.

Now, if we could only get Malzahn to retire when Saban does, we might be able to win the West.
Ian Neff
AG
The best thing about the zoo:

Watching people try to work out their own issues through Aggie football.
halfastros81
AG
Quote:

Now, if we could only get Malzahn to retire when Saban does, we might be able to win the West.

Auburn fans in general think of Malzahn like many of us think of Sumlin.
B&MJ66AG
AG
CrottyKid said:

Ian Neff said:

Having character and treating people with respect is not mutually exclusive with winning.

We've got the first part down.

Only Internet tough guys complain about treating people well

It really is funny that these old dudes who are so fast to call young guys soft liberals are the ones with no killer instinct.
Horse laugh!!
B&MJ66AG
AG
CrottyKid said:

Ian Neff said:

Having character and treating people with respect is not mutually exclusive with winning.

We've got the first part down.

Only Internet tough guys complain about treating people well

It really is funny that these old dudes who are so fast to call young guys soft liberals are the ones with no killer instinct.
Horse laugh!!
Tamu_mgm
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

Confucius said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

Quote:

So pathetically true.

Plenty of schools do that. They just happen to spend 1/10th of the resources we do, have 25k capacity stadiums, and zero football tradition.

True.

I could see Sam Houston St getting excited about only losing to Bama by 8.

But A&M ... a team that pays its coach 5 mil a year and just built a 450 mil stadium that holds over 100,000?

This is mind boogling.
Alabama has lost 13 TIMES SINCE 2008.

That is averaging barely over 1 loss a season, which is needless to say absolutely unbelievable. It is very rare that ANY team beats Alabama and you want our fanbase to expect to win and be completely unsatisfied that we didn't?

Why not celebrate how good we looked despite losing and how that will carry over to the rest of the season? Forget the freaking resources for a minute, and stop expecting us to be Alabama, because there is exactly one Alabama because there is one Nick Saban.
Moon Shadow
Ah well, better than loosing (at home to a 30+ point underdog) like Zero-U
phatbeast
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

phatbeast said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

Quote:

So pathetically true.

It's not just about the final score in any single game; it's about how the season will play out and what we can learn from the teams' performances.

We lost, but the results showed that the Aggies are better than we thought they were and that the Tide may be worse than we thought it was. If we can stand toe to toe with the #1 team in the country, we have a decent shot at finishing with 9-10 wins during the regular season. If they barely come away with a win, maybe their path to the championship isn't quite as easy as they thought it was.

I hate to break the news to you but we are only 2-2 against Power 5 teams this season.

When you add in the 5 straight losses to Power 5 teams that we ended last season with, we are now 2-7 in our last 9 games against Power 5 teams.

As for the Bama game, we were down 24-3 before we began our comeback. Do you think maybe, just maybe, Bama thought they had the game won and started to call it a day (like we did against UCLA)?

Forgive me for wanting to see 9 wins before I uncork a bottle of champagne.

No one is saying you need to open the champagne yet. But 9 wins actually looks possible right now. It wouldn't if we had lost 59-0.

Also, give me a break on the UCLA comparison. Bama doesn't let off the gas. Look at its previous two games. The Aggies played a tough game, they didn't give up, and they played the Tide closer than anyone thought. There's reason to have some hope for the rest of the season. We'll see if things have turned around or if we run into the Sumlin Slide once again.
p-wonk01
AG
Quote:

I work with an Aggie alum and I think they just wanted a good game. To walk away with a respectable showing and I think they got that. They aren't a dumb fanbase. They are playing with a true freshman QB who got thrown into action unexpectedly. They've struggled mightily against inferior teams over the last few weeks and fully expected to get 60 hung on them last night. So when they pulled out an eight point loss to Bama it was like a win to them.

This Bama fan is smarter than some of you on here
Ian Neff
AG
I'm still cracking up at the absurdity of people who think that if we were to be *****s to visitors that it would somehow make our team, our culture or University BETTER. As if they'd be happy to hear a Bama alum on the way out, saying,

"Yeah. We won by eight. Which is really surprising, given how rude, incredulous, drunk, whiny, unwelcome of mediocrity their fans were. I mean dang, those people in the stands sure had the killer intinct it takes to win."

So
Much
Absurdity.
p-wonk01
AG
Quote:

Funny how we complain about officiating and the Texas A&M forum has just as many - if not more - complaints. On one thread, someone went back through and posted a screenshot of every penalty they feel wasn't called against us. I imagine most fan bases feel the same way we do about officiating.

Another quote so you can see we all bit#$ about officiating
SouthTex99
AG
We lost. But they were supposed to win by 50 and they won by 8. So meh.

Lets beat Florida so we can have TexAgs approved fun.
LSB_2002
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

Quote:

So pathetically true.

This is the reason why we are and will likely continue to be just above average! Somewhere along the way, we started counting moral victories as victories! Just downright pisses me off!
Meximan
Irish_Man said:

What does killer instinct from fans looks one? A mean stare? Loud obscenities?
Maybe Aggies should just flat out riot after every game. Who would want to come to a game knowing that, regardless of the outcome, you've probably got a 50-70% chance of winding up in the hospital?
Meximan
LSB_2002 said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

Quote:

So pathetically true.

This is the reason why we are and will likely continue to be just above average! Somewhere along the way, we started counting moral victories as victories! Just downright pisses me off!
And we're supposed to do... what about it exactly? We don't write the checks.
dBoy99
AG
LS said:

Do you beat your dog/wife/kids after every loss?

Can you show me this moral victory column? I only see W-L-T in the record books.

And what exactly is the result of being pissed off? Does fan anger and outrage correlate to wins? What percentage of angry fans will yield a dynasty?
Mike Elko
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

Quote:

So pathetically true.

Basically every team that's played Bama since Saban took the reigns... It is what it is.
schmellba99
AG
LSB_2002 said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

Quote:

So pathetically true.

No. Just no.

It's still a big L on the record books, if you honestly think people are looking at it differently than that, you are a certified dubmbass.
fla_agfan
Bama fans complaining about offensive holding no calls..... man that's funny right there.
VikingNik
AG
OU game in 2000 maybe similar? Exciting game we lost at the end. Crowd was loud and proud throughout if I recall correctly.
aTm2004
AG
Mr.Short-termMemory said:

I was at the game, and it did kinda feel that way. When Hurts took a knee at the end, the Aggie fans cheered louder. It was a good cheer, showing the Ags appreciation for how hard they played, but I can't recall a time where I've seen that before after a loss.

That being said, I can't recall a time when the number 1 team, who has played in the past 2 national championship games, comes to town having beat it's last 2 conference opponents by 59-0 and 66-3....Alabama is just on a plane of their own right now. Which explains the 26 point spread for the game, and the exciting feeling of only losing by 8, after coming back from being down 21.

It's not natural, but neither is Alabama.
This is what I believe people are celebrating. It seemed like the team checked out in the 2nd half of UCLA, and in other games where we got down, they checked out. Against bama, they kept their heads in it and not only didn't let them put it away, but stopped them and cut into their lead. If you can't see some positive in that, then you're probably pissed after you bust your load and you're destined to never be happy.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
MooreTrucker
AG
kentky said:

what's wrong with cheering a team that played with great effort and heart even though they lost to a much better team?
Nothing. Too many people fret about coaches salary and resources and how they look to their sip friends to just enjoy a really good football game, and acknowledge that we played really well against a top notch opponent.
CrottyKid
AG
Ian Neff said:

I'm still cracking up at the absurdity of people who think that if we were to be *****s to visitors that it would somehow make our team, our culture or University BETTER. As if they'd be happy to hear a Bama alum on the way out, saying,

"Yeah. We won by eight. Which is really surprising, given how rude, incredulous, drunk, whiny, unwelcome of mediocrity their fans were. I mean dang, those people in the stands sure had the killer intinct it takes to win."

So
Much
Absurdity.

I can't speak for all potbangers, but as for myself, you are mischaracterizing my thinking. My point is not that being mean and hating losing directly correlates to wins. It is that there is a third variable, a common cause of both. That third variable is the "be nice" attitude. It is the same general attitude and culture that accepts mediocrity and also encourages good ol' downhome Texas hospitality above all else.
Lance in Round Mountain
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

Quote:

So pathetically true.

TAMU recognized and honored (even re-painted the end zones) a 1967 team that went 7 and 4.
DifferenceMaker Ag
Ian Neff said:

So
Much
Absurdity.
This is a perfect description of the South Carolina fan base, and there are some who apparently admire that. Can't get much dumber than that.
AggiePops
Quote:

When the loss is to the #1 team in the country and is said to have one of their best defensive teams in years, the answer is... most schools would do that.

Doesn't mean we wouldn't all have preferred a nice, juicy upset win, but that's what it would have been - an upset. You can be disappointed but still smile because Bama had to fight for it. To be NOTHING BUT PISSED OFF we'd have to have been favored and legitimately expected to win the game.

You sound like someone who'd send a 5 year old carrying a rubber ducky into the Coliseum against a starving lion and be pissed if the kid didn't come out with the lion's head on a platter.
MooreTrucker
AG
CrottyKid said:

Ian Neff said:

So
Much
Absurdity.

I can't speak for all potbangers, but as for myself, you are mischaracterizing my thinking. My point is not that being mean and hating losing directly correlates to wins. It is that there is a third variable, a common cause of both. That third variable is the "be nice" attitude. It is the same general attitude and culture that accepts mediocrity and also encourages good ol' downhome Texas hospitality above all else.
So what he said that you said, and what you just said, is that being nice and hospitable = accepting mediocrity. That same sentiment is expressed in Lubbock, where y'all hate to go. "Let's be giant *******s because it makes us look tough and we'll be winners."

Or maybe it's like a bunch of 5-year-olds, "we didn't win, so let's be giant *******s to show how mad we are that we didn't win."

Either way, pretty absurd for the fan base of a major university, especially Texas A&M, to behave.
MooreTrucker
AG
Lose A Few said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

Quote:

So pathetically true.

TAMU recognized and honored (even re-painted the end zones) a 1967 team that went 7 and 4.
And won the conference and won the Cotton Bowl. Stop trying to portray it as something negative that it wasn't.
ArcticPenguin
For all of those saying teams with polite fans don't win championships you couldn't be more wrong.

Nebraska is considered the "friendliest" fan base in the country and they won multiple National Championships under Tom Osborne. The fact that their fan base was nice and polite to vistors had zero impact on those championships.

Our crowd gets loud and hostile when it needs to during the game and is cordial in victory and defeat to all vistors except for sips. Why? Because sips chant "poor aggies" when exiting the stadium and are generally asshats to us, if we lose to them.
ArcticPenguin
VikingNik said:

OU game in 2000 maybe similar? Exciting game we lost at the end. Crowd was loud and proud throughout if I recall correctly.
I wasn't. I was pissed that we threw the pick to put them back in the game. It was a dumb playcall at that point in the game, and a surprising one given RC was the coach. The Ags had no business beating OU in 2002, and no business losing to them in 2000. We gave that game away at the end.

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.