Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Guys is Texas Back?

19,589 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Eike Mlko
AggieWonWon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BringJackieBack89 said:

Is this a serious thread?
OP is a SIP
MidTnAg
AG
Quote:

Damn good game by that defense, it has me quite worried.........
Unfortunately, true. Did you see how well LB Malik Jefferson played? There were several comments on here a couple of weeks ago about how terrible he is. Imagine how much better our linebackers would be if he was one of them.
Sparkie
AG
MidTnAg said:

Quote:

Unfortunately, true. Did you see how well LB Malik Jefferson played? There were several comments on here a couple of weeks ago about how terrible he is. Imagine how much better our linebackers would be if he was one of them.

Sec running backs run many holes through that guy.
vander54
S
MidTnAg said:

Quote:

It was only one game. He looked horrible against Maryland.
World's worst proofreader
underthesea
AG
cevans_40 said:

bfpri said:

Why are ags so insecure? We had 4 years to pass them and leave them in the dust, but we couldn't do it. They literally handed it to us and we handed it back. They are a better football team than us right now.

How does disagreeing with the assessment that tu is better than us right now make one insecure?

Last I checked we have a pretty bad football team right now. Why are people caring about the sips?

Insecurity
W
AG
the new A&M coach will have to recruit against Herman.

Fran and Sherman never had a chance recruiting-wise vs. Mack, because when they arrived in 2003 and 2008 respectively...Mack already had the state locked down...and they had a very difficult time making inroads (with a few exceptions)
RGLAG85
AG
W said:

the new A&M coach will have to recruit against Herman.

Fran and Sherman never had a chance recruiting-wise vs. Mack, because when they arrived in 2003 and 2008 respectively...Mack already had the state locked down...and they had a very difficult time making inroads (with a few exceptions)
Enter Morris!
Eagle78
Not back but headed in the right direction.
army01
AG
And still gave up 450+ yards...
Sparkie
AG
runontexas said:

and they got this guy

Fightin Ag491
Some of y'all care so much about them it's ridiculous
cevans_40
AG
bfpri said:

cevans_40 said:

bfpri said:

Why are ags so insecure? We had 4 years to pass them and leave them in the dust, but we couldn't do it. They literally handed it to us and we handed it back. They are a better football team than us right now.

How does disagreeing with the assessment that tu is better than us right now make one insecure?

Last I checked we have a pretty bad football team right now. Why are people caring about the sips?

Insecurity

I don't necessarily care about them more than any other team, I just don't believe they are better than we are.

Security
Amazing Moves
runontexas said:

They keep playing like that, you'll be worrried
I guess some people will never understand what the SEC tag did.
MilanoCowboy
AG
RAB83 said:

sips played a close game against a highly ranked University of Spoiled Children. The same Spoiled Children struggled to beat a MAC team that lost soundly to Michigan State and beat (cough) Idaho.

What does this mean? It's early in the year. Schools like the sips, the Spoiled Children, and Our Lady always get ranked about their talent and execution levels early in the year. So this may have been a close game against a good team or a mediocre one. Time will tell.

For now, the only sure wins in sipville are Baylor because Sucks to BU really sucks and KU because there's no way the sips would ever lose a football game to Kansa... uh, well... the only sure win in sipville is Baylor.

Just checked the schedule and sip play at ISU next week. Coming off a big let down, it would not surprise me to see the sips stink it up in Ames. Not like it hasn't happened before.
Words right out of my mouth.
-ME
AG
They looked better than expected. Back...who knows based on a small data set, but the improved from week 1 to week 3. Tough stretch coming which will define the season. @ ISU (don't sleep on them), vs. KSU (won't out coach them), then OU (Herman vs Riley).
i don't think i'd worry so much about ut after the ucla debacle. The second largest comeback in Div 1 football should have been Sumlins last day.
if there is not a major coaching change soon to boost the program(recruiting/enthusiasm) we continue the downward spiral. Herman wil have a few years to load the troops whereas A&M will fall way behind. A challenger to Herman immediately is the only way to counter the ut renaissance. The false hope of upcoming victories only hinders the process. We need a coach of great standing or we're looking at another decade of misery. UT is now the place to be. Not Texas A&M like it or not. FWIW
halfastros81
AG
One close loss to what might be an over-rated USC team does not constitute turning the corner. If they continuously improve over the course of the season then we can talk.
TheBro
Sparkie said:

MidTnAg said:

Quote:

Sec running backs run many holes through that guy.
Name all those that would?
TheBro
MilanoCowboy said:

RAB83 said:

sips played a close game against a highly ranked University of Spoiled Children. The same Spoiled Children struggled to beat a MAC team that lost soundly to Michigan State and beat (cough) Idaho.

What does this mean? It's early in the year. Schools like the sips, the Spoiled Children, and Our Lady always get ranked about their talent and execution levels early in the year. So this may have been a close game against a good team or a mediocre one. Time will tell.

For now, the only sure wins in sipville are Baylor because Sucks to BU really sucks and KU because there's no way the sips would ever lose a football game to Kansa... uh, well... the only sure win in sipville is Baylor.

Just checked the schedule and sip play at ISU next week. Coming off a big let down, it would not surprise me to see the sips stink it up in Ames. Not like it hasn't happened before.
Is USC not ranked because they have a 12 game winning streak and returned who many believe will be the first player chosen in the draft, or just because of their name? Does the same apply to Penn St, who USC beat in its last game last year?
Dr. Mike 69
AG
I think the sips are closer to being a good team than many believe. Their D and special teams were outstanding against USC. Their O is still a work in progress, but Ehlinger truly impressed me.

As far as Matthew McConaughey continually on the sidelines is concerned, it's all about him. He wants to live the glory of the team in my opinion. He doesn't get enough kudos in Hollywood for his ego. And, teams like t.u. like to show off their big name grads as an "in your face" kind of hoity toityness that they are so known for.

I visited an old Army buddy this past weekend who is an OU grad. They were extremely cordial to me, and hate that university as much as we do. I felt comfortable. :-)

BTHO the Arky; bring home the bacon.
TheBro
Dr. Mike 69 said:

I think the sips are closer to being a good team than many believe. Their D and special teams were outstanding against USC. Their O is still a work in progress, but Ehlinger truly impressed me.

As far as Matthew McConaughey continually on the sidelines is concerned, it's all about him. He wants to live the glory of the team in my opinion. He doesn't get enough kudos in Hollywood for his ego. And, teams like t.u. like to show off their big name grads as an "in your face" kind of hoity toityness that they are so known for.

I visited an old Army buddy this past weekend who is an OU grad. They were extremely cordial to me, and hate that university as much as we do. I felt comfortable. :-)

BTHO the Arky; bring home the bacon.
Wait, someone from OU also hates Texas? I'm shocked. Don't talk to anyone from Baylor.
Fightin Ag491
RAB83 said:

So no team filled with college athletes ever takes a game off, correct? So we're truly only 10 points better and more talented than Nichols State? Are we truly only one half of football better than Louisiana Lafayette?

I would say beating someone by 17 points is not "struggling to beat," especially when that team went 13-1 last year and played in the Cotton Bowl.

Again, transitive property in College football is not always correct. Otherwise, the 2015 5-7 Longhorns should've been in the playoffs instead of the 11-1 OU Sooners (who were No. 1 in ESPN's FPI) that year because they beat them on a neutral field. Texas crushed Ole Miss in 2012 while we barely beat them with Johnny. Was the 2012 team better than the Aggie team that went 11-2 that year?? Am I doing that right??

Some of y'all need to chill on your hate boners for that school and just respect a good college football game with an overall good, heart-filled performance from both teams, instead of looking to discredit them for everything because you have some co-worker from UT that bothers you. Christ.
BigRed12
AG
aggiehawg said:

SW AG80 said:

Not yet but their freshman QB is pretty dang good.
Kid has guts, I'll grant him that. Needs to work on the snap thing however and getting the offense lined up. That's just reps needed to correct that.

I was most impressed with Collin Johnson. That guy is a beast with good hands.
Isn't he a Sophomore or did they put in the Westlake product?
Fightin Ag491
BigRed12 said:

aggiehawg said:

SW AG80 said:

Not yet but their freshman QB is pretty dang good.
Kid has guts, I'll grant him that. Needs to work on the snap thing however and getting the offense lined up. That's just reps needed to correct that.

I was most impressed with Collin Johnson. That guy is a beast with good hands.
Isn't he a Sophomore or did they put in the Westlake product?
Westlake true fish product (maybe he joined them in January? I can't remember)

Johnson is a sophomore. He looks talented
Busdriver99
AG
Got to give tu credit for playing tough. But the line play by USC was atrocious.

USC looks severely overrated. I would take a wait and see approach on how good they actually are. Any team with a decent D Line can beat them. (Utah)
Chosen One
Texas is moving in the right direction, but they are far from being back. They have 5 linemen that the coaches trust, and two more that are injured. It's hard to say if the offense will be good at all this year. My guess is this is an 8-4 team on the high side and a 6-6 team on the low side.

They still have two top 10 teams on their schedule and have to travel to Ft Worth to play TCU and go to WVU late in the year.

Here is what I have seen from Texas.

1. Defense has improved greatly in tackling over the last two weeks.

2. Less broken coverages. I heard a stat that 9 plays in the Maryland game accounted for over 391 yards and 24 pts That is just crazy. Cut that in half and you have a Texas win.

3. QB play is much improved

4. WR play is legit, probably the strength of the team. They have a lot of talent if Oline play was just a little better I think this passing game would be scary good.

5. Tom Herman has balls, he isn't afraid to go for it on 4th down especially when it's less than 5 yards. I might say he is a bit too bold.

Short answer, they seem to be moving in the right direction but no, they aren't back as far as play on the field. Most Texas fans are content to wait and see how this season plays out, Tom will be given 3 seasons to turn this around before the heat gets turned up.
ShotOver
AG
get a dog
ag-bq-seventy
AG
runontexas said:

Gus Johnson was in love last night....

Don't care much about those jerks anymore.

All I care about is that they lose at every opportunity.
Cy_Tolliver
MilanoCowboy said:

RAB83 said:

Iowa State wins this game. Hermann is back to fairy dust and all the "we're back" talk is shut down.
rbcs_2
AG
Iowa St can certainly score points.
Eike Mlko
Vito said:

runontexas said:

I have to ask...why would anything Texas does worry you?
Maybe because it would directly affect our recruiting. If you dont see that you are blind

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.