Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Guys is Texas Back?

19,517 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Eike Mlko
runontexas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gus Johnson was in love last night....
Damn good game by that defense, it has me quite worried.........

Leander - Ag
AG
1-2
SW AG80
AG
Not yet but their freshman QB is pretty dang good.
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
Member when they beat Notre Dame?

I member.

-----------------------
Truth without love is brutality. Love without truth is compromise.
runontexas
AG
and they got this guy

stexagg
No. 1-2.
AnalogyAg
probably 7-5 this year; possibly 6-6. swing games will be kstate, iowa st, tech, tcu. they'll be a step above where they were last yr. "back"? back to where theyve been for last few years.
rocky the dog
AG
I don't know if they're back, but I know they're stuck in the BDF.
DWren
Gus Johnson is in love with every team he calls . That's his style

Watch more college football
aggiedent
AG
I find this hysterical. If any poster on here posted ANYTHING about a moral victory in an Aggie loss, and they'd be ripped a new one by the majority of posters. Yet they don't hesitate to post moral victories for the sips.

If we had their schedule this year and Sumlin was 1-2 with identical scores, the zoo would be calling for his head.
ashley
They are definitely on their way.
riverrataggie
AG
It was an exciting game but it was not because each was playing well.

If you watch it again it was more of who could lose the game versus win it.
chipotle
Oh yeah. They're back. 1-2
aggiehawg
AG
SW AG80 said:

Kid has guts, I'll grant him that. Needs to work on the snap thing however and getting the offense lined up. That's just reps needed to correct that.

I was most impressed with Collin Johnson. That guy is a beast with good hands.
The Original AG 76
AG
runontexas said:

and they got this guy

2-bit actor needs to go back being the only white guy under the age of 80 that drives a Lincoln !
Dobre casy
AG
runontexas said:

I have to ask...why would anything Texas does worry you?
Flashdiaz
AG
Mastermind at work. It's all part of the calculations
cedar
They looked very good last night. With that defense I see them at 7-5 or 8-4.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Mastermind at work. It's all part of the calculations

Yup. Losing on purpose so the conference opponents underestimate them and they can be the 1 true champion of the BFDF. Mastermind at work.
coupland boy
AG
This thread is what's wrong with us.
AggieOil
AG
That QB is very good. Would take him on our team right now over Mond.

That 6-6 WR is also very talented.

They look to be much improved. USC has a lot of talent and TU hung with them. That QB had a damn gutsy performance. Hate to say it but I was impressed.
Pete98
AG
I may be wrong, but it seemed to me it was more a function of USC not being very strong on the O line than it was Texas being back.
SoTxAg
AG
SC had very little pass rush once long hair broken toe went out, but ehlinger was accurate.
Sip D was good against the SC offensive scheme but not ready to crown them.
aeon-ag
runontexas said:

Gus Johnson was in love last night....

Why worry, we don't play them any longer. As far as recruiting goes, who the hell want to play for this three ring circus anyway??!!!
bigblackag12
AG
cedar said:

They looked very good last night. With that defense I see them at 7-5 or 8-4.

Quality loss to a team that let stanford score more on them than sdsu did last night.
riverrataggie
AG
People understand that the USC team had 7-8 players out on defense, right?
RAB83
AG
sips played a close game against a highly ranked University of Spoiled Children. The same Spoiled Children struggled to beat a MAC team that lost soundly to Michigan State and beat (cough) Idaho.

What does this mean? It's early in the year. Schools like the sips, the Spoiled Children, and Our Lady always get ranked about their talent and execution levels early in the year. So this may have been a close game against a good team or a mediocre one. Time will tell.

For now, the only sure wins in sipville are Baylor because Sucks to BU really sucks and KU because there's no way the sips would ever lose a football game to Kansa... uh, well... the only sure win in sipville is Baylor.

Just checked the schedule and sip play at ISU next week. Coming off a big let down, it would not surprise me to see the sips stink it up in Ames. Not like it hasn't happened before.
BaileyAg
AG
Vito said:

runontexas said:

I have to ask...why would anything Texas does worry you?

Never understood this line of thinking
aeon-ag
aggiehawg said:

SW AG80 said:

Kid has guts, I'll grant him that. Needs to work on the snap thing however and getting the offense lined up. That's just reps needed to correct that.

Exactly, they will just keep getting better. When is A&M going to get better?? Hint-Sumbum leaving town!
Ragoo
AG
riverrataggie said:

People understand that the USC team had 7-8 players out on defense, right?
and the horn offense was still bad.

Horn has minimum 2 more losses. Question, can Snyder shut them down like he typically does? Can they win a shootout with tech or WVU? Can they score enough on the tcu defense?

Their offense will hold them back.

Horn already has 5 non-offense TDs, is that sustainable?
Ragoo
AG
aeon-ag said:

aggiehawg said:

SW AG80 said:

Exactly, they will just keep getting better. When is A&M going to get better?? Hint-Sumbum leaving town!
here is the thing, horn hasn't proven to be better. I believe it to be true that thru 3 games horn is about where Chuck would be thru three games. There isn't much marked difference in where Chuck left and Herman entered.
Your Friend
Ragoo said:

aeon-ag said:

aggiehawg said:

SW AG80 said:

here is the thing, horn hasn't proven to be better. I believe it to be true that thru 3 games horn is about where Chuck would be thru three games. There isn't much marked difference in where Chuck left and Herman entered.

That was the best defense Texas has displayed since 2010. Just the effort and tackling alone was better than it had been at anytime under Chuck.
Ragoo
AG
Your Friend said:

Ragoo said:

aeon-ag said:

aggiehawg said:

SW AG80 said:

That was the best defense Texas has displayed since 2010. Just the effort and tackling alone was better than it had been at anytime under Chuck.
OU 2015 is probably the most recent.

USC plays a pro style offense, probably won't see similar results all season.
BringJackieBack89
AG
Is this a serious thread?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Meh, defense is better than they were in the Maryland game. Orlando did manage to get some improvement there.

Overall, the penalties are killing them. That's the same slop that Charlie served up. Offense has flashes but streaky Oline play.

Week three and this is shaping up to a wild season. Many formerly disciplined teams are shooting themselves in the foot with very untimely penalties. LSU, comes to mind.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.