Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Michael Bennett sits for national anthem

21,466 Views | 198 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jml2621
monarch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
"First of all, I want people to understand I love the military. My father was in the military. I love hot dogs like any other American. I love football like any other American, but I don't love segregation," he added. "I don't love riots. I don't love oppression. I don't love gender slander. I just want to see people have the equality that they deserve, and I want to be able to use this platform to continuously push the message of that, you know, and keep journeying out and keep finding out how unselfish can we be as a society."

Michael Bennet speaks from his platform...it is going to be interesting where this movement re disrespecting the flag goes- high school football (that is going to be cool); college football in two weeks (how many Ags vs how many Bruins- what's the over/under on that). The NFL- who cares? They got money so the players can do what they want, right? This is morphing into "...lets stay seated for the National Anthem; that's way cool."

F***!

Ragoo
AG
Social justice is so 1950.

I am most certain that my grand kids grand kids will still be having this conversation.
suture_scissors
AG
Good for him.

It's an act truly American in spirit.
Potcake
AG
Friday bourbon is good, huh?
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Michael Bennett is about to Kapernick himself out of the league.
NumberEinAg
AG
I know the Bennett's. They are outstanding people with an outstanding Mom and Dad. I support people standing up for what they believe in. That's what this country is all about. It's not about whether or not I agree with them, it's about people being principled. The principles that Michael is trying to support and get people to focus on are important and relevant to our future as a country. God Bless you Michael and I'll be pulling for you!! Gig'em!!
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
CASHMONEYAGGIE2002
AG
The answer to all of this is quite simple.

Most major colleges (A&M being one) play the National Anthem BEFORE the players come on the field.

NFL needs to do the same. To me, not doing this only implies they WANT the controversy.

It is feasible. Do it and take away these players opportunity to exploit.
HoustonAg2106
AG
CASHMONEYAGGIE2002 said:

The answer to all of this is quite simple.

Most major colleges (A&M being one) play the National Anthem BEFORE the players come on the field.

NFL needs to do the same. To me, not doing this only implies they WANT the controversy.

It is feasible. Do it and take away these players opportunity to exploit.

It's not just NFL that waits for the players to come on the field, NBA, MLB, NHL...all the professional sports do
heddy Lamarr
AG

Quote:

Read about IOC President Avery Brundage's response under the International Olympic Committee response section:

Brundage was a big time racist and anti-Semite, and you're a dick for quoting him
heddy Lamarr
AG
Protest that doesn't make others uncomfortable is just wasting time
LeftyAg89
AG
Protest the American Flag, then protest the American dollar!
Craigy
In 30 years, Americans will see this period as a blip on the radar and almost laughable. Hispanics will be 65 percent of the population in Texas and football will be the 3rd or 4th sport.
oklacityag75
RedlineAg08
I put zero weight into anything athletes or celebrities have to say on anything outside of their craft. 98% of them are far less intelligent than I am, and are ignorant of the facts. Michael Bennett, LeBron, kapernick, etc are all very uneducated people. Why do we give a **** about their opinions?
AggieSportsGuy
AG
Good for him for expressing his right to free thought. Even if I disagree, I'm glad this nation doesn't force everyone to worship it like authoritarian nations have in the past and still do. The soldiers and founding fathers fought for his right to not be forced to do something he doesn't wish to do, within reason.

Thank you America and the troops for setting up this country so that we can express what we want within reason without legal repercussions!
Potcake
AG
Step away from the center, chief.

Message board warriors stating their beliefs in a public forum and stating that public figures should shut up about their beliefs. Sounds legit.
RedlineAg08
Did I state my beliefs? No

Thanks, chief...
cevans_40
AG
Absolutely idiotic way to protest whatever the **** he thinks he's protesting against. Speak out in another forum that doesn't give the impression that you are anti-America. I am glad we live in a country that has enough freedom to allow morons the opportunity to act the way they do and prove to everyone just how dumb they are.
Potcake
AG
Your parents failed you.
RedlineAg08
Are you this big of a **** in real life? Or just a ****ing ***** on the internet?
chase128
AG
He's free to do what he wants and I'm free to think he's a racist ****head.
Potcake
AG
Quote:

I put zero weight into anything athletes or celebrities have to say on anything outside of their craft. 98% of them are far less intelligent than I am, and are ignorant of the facts. Michael Bennett, LeBron, kapernick, etc are all very uneducated people.

Read this and tell me you don't think that is narcissitic as hell. If you are so intelligent, you may want to correctly spell the names of those you disparage.
RedlineAg08
I don't give a **** how to spell their names. I didn't say I was more intelligent than all of you.

I'm not sooo intelligent, they just aren't in the realms that they're speaking into. They're athletes, that's it. Very gifted and intelligent in whatever craft they're getting paid for, but most of them don't know **** outside of that.

Anyone that claims oppression in this country is a ****ing idiot. Period. White, black, Hispanic, woman, man, lesbian, or gay. You're a lazy idiot if you think you're oppressed. Or you're stupid and don't know real oppression.
AggieSouth06
jml2621
AggieSportsGuy said:

Good for him for expressing his right to free thought. Even if I disagree, I'm glad this nation doesn't force everyone to worship it like authoritarian nations have in the past and still do. The soldiers and founding fathers fought for his right to not be forced to do something he doesn't wish to do, within reason.

Thank you America and the troops for setting up this country so that we can express what we want within reason without legal repercussions!

Amen.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.