Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Michael Bennett sits for national anthem

21,411 Views | 198 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jml2621
45-70Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not a surprise given his past but NFL players are going to do their best to make it to where no one watches their games.
libertyag
AG
Not surprising, he has always seemed like a thug to me. Probably sees some of his buds getting a little attention and wants some too.
swampstander
AG
Michael who?
Rock1982
AG
Really don't give a damn about the NFL anymore.
Aggie
AG
Guy is an idiot and a thug
Cancelled
AG
I quit watching NFL years ago. I'm close to quitting NCAA too.
GetThoseKeysMilo
What evidence do you have that he's a "thug"? I've never seen him that way. A little quirky, opinionated...but thug insinuates guns/drugs/violence/gang.

And yes, protesting this way is stupid, considering you're insulting the only country in the world that would make you a millionaire for being good at football.
dcbowers
yippee2
AG
Remember when his brother martellus said Micheal was a "little ******ed"
Ian Neff
AG
Owners know it's not good for business.
La Bamba
AG
That stupid SOB. Don't bite the hand that feeds...
The Collective
AG
Just attention hooring at this point
Nonregdrummer09
AG
After the events this past week and events upcoming there's going to be more of this.
vander54
S
GetThoseKeysMilo said:

What evidence do you have that he's a "thug"? I've never seen him that way. A little quirky, opinionated...but thug insinuates guns/drugs/violence/gang.

And yes, protesting this way is stupid, considering you're insulting the only country in the world that would make you a millionaire for being good at football.

I agree he is not necessarily a thug. I also don't agree with this form of protest. I think there are much better ways of getting a message across.
dixichkn
AG
Red Fishing Ag93
AG
queso1 said:

I quit watching NFL years ago. I'm close to quitting NCAA too.
Same.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
I'm not sure I agree, maybe better ways in terms of his professional career but not in terms of getting a lot of attention with a very simple gesture.

Frankly, it's their 1st Amendment Right to do this, but the NFL is private, and in terms of career, as Kapernik already knows, there could be consequences, but at this point they are aware what it is. Either way, it doesn't bother me.
67walkon
Forever more Michael who? unless he apologizes. He making millions in the greatest and most generous country on earth and he wants to disrespect it. The NFL won't exist 10 years from now. Nobody is watch now. I will never watch it again and haven't for 5 years because of this kind of crap and hot dogging.
Unless some comes to there senses and signs Johnny.
vander54
S
Nonregdrummer09 said:

I'm not sure I agree, maybe better ways in terms of his professional career but not in terms of getting a lot of attention with a very simple gesture.

Frankly, it's their 1st Amendment Right to do this, but the NFL is private, and in terms of career, as Kapernik already knows, there could be consequences, but at this point they are aware what it is. Either way, it doesn't bother me.

To me doing this disrespects the entire country. There is an isolated group that causes most of the issues. A vast majority of people ate decent people but you only hear the loudest. Unfortunately the loudest are the dumbasses that went to Virginia. The best way to fight them is with respect and not giving them the national exposure they seek. As MLK said

Quote:

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
MicheIangeIo
AG
Irish_Man said:

Not a surprise given his past but NFL players are going to do their best to make it to where no one watches their games.
The NFL doesn't care about "fans" who won't watch their game because people sit for the national anthem aka people that take the political board seriously
AggieTFA06
AG
I don't think not standing for the national anthem last year solved things.

Bennett just wants attention. He's not trying to solve anything.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
MicheIangeIo
AG
AggieTFA06 said:

Or he is just resting his legs for a football game
45-70Ag
AG
MicheIangeIo said:

Irish_Man said:

The NFL doesn't care about "fans" who won't watch their game because people sit for the national anthem aka people that take the political board seriously

A drop in ratings catches their attention and if the surveys are correct, a major component of last years lower ratings was due to colon kaepernick
aggieaviator
AG
He's a classless clown just like the rest of his thug ilk.
diehard03
Quote:

A drop in ratings catches their attention and if the surveys are correct, a major component of last years lower ratings was due to colon kaepernick

it was more the election. Rating since November have shown that.

libertyag
AG
MicheIangeIo said:

AggieTFA06 said:

Or he is just resting his legs for a football game
If he is that out of shape, he needs to ask the rest of the team how they managed to not rest their legs and still play the game.
Unemployed
AG
GetThoseKeysMilo said:

No need to sugarcoat it. He's called a "thug" because he's black. If it was JJ Watt who sat down for the national anthem, you think he be called a "thug"?
Lateralus Ag
AG
I am not sure that I have much respect for anyone that "protests" while cashing checks for millions.

Call me crazy....
Lateralus Ag
AG
RealTalk said:

GetThoseKeysMilo said:

No need to sugarcoat it. He's called a "thug" because he's black. If it was JJ Watt who sat down for the national anthem, you think he be called a "thug"?

I would call him the same thing I call both Bennett brothers: incredibly small-minded.
vander54
S
RealTalk said:

GetThoseKeysMilo said:

So you are assuming someone may or may not do something without knowing them. Doesn't that make you a part of the problem? You just labeled someone without any proof or logic. You chose to call someone out when they have shown no signs of doing so.
bberry72
AG
I refuse to watch any team that disrespects out country. Another one got added to the list.
Bunk Moreland
Correct. Not stupid. Not thugs. But that doesn't make them necessarily smart or totally aware.

However, I got no beef if mike sits during the anthem because I couldn't care less about anthem protests. And Mike also does good things for people with his celebrity so I'll never bash on a guy who at least tries to help even if I don't agree with his political views.
Unemployed
AG
vander54 said:

RealTalk said:

GetThoseKeysMilo said:

So you are assuming someone may or may not do something without knowing them. Doesn't that make you a part of the problem? You just labeled someone without any proof or logic. You chose to call someone out when they have shown no signs of doing so.
I didn't call him a thug.
vander54
S
RealTalk said:

vander54 said:

RealTalk said:

GetThoseKeysMilo said:

I didn't call him a thug.

But you assumed it's because he's black he was called a thug. Not because this actions.
Unemployed
AG
Of course he got called a "thug" by a couple of posters on this thread because he's black. I don't have to assume anything. I call it as I see it.

He has no history of being involved in violence or a gang. If he was ever involved in that, it never got made public.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.