Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Yessir!

16,892 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BattleCattle
TXM Pride
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TommyDreamer said:

Who gets credit for Mike Evans development?

He tore it up on scout team when he redshirted. Both him and Johnny. By the time Summy got here he was already the WR we got to enjoy watching for 2 years. So I would say have to give that one to Sherman. There have been some guys who have developed under sumlins watch. As cbates pointed out Dae Dae added size and became a real player. What he failed to mention was that Daeshon was a highly rated 4*, something our newest commit isn't. (Not dogging the kid, just point out a flaw in "I live in premium" arguement).
DayAg!
S
Lat needs to get laid,we all know that. And y'all can kiss my ass. I'm gonna wear my cargo shorts til one of you clowns buys me something different. I don't care what you think.
Sparkie
AG
Quote:

(Not dogging the kid, just point out a flaw in "I live in premium" arguement).

Fizban
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

This thread represents everything I hate about this board. Kid choose A&M and we have to take a **** on him.

Yet another thread that is supposed to be about a recruit turns into a thread about Lateralus crapping all over everything.
Fizban
C Loves L said:

Lat are you single handily trying to ruin every thread in this forum that's positive?
No, clearly it is just an unbelievable coincidence that every single Yessir thread turns into a Lateralus thread within the first few posts.
GoodOldAgs
This kids got a LONG ways to go before he becomes a meaningful contributor in the SEC. He's a project. Hope whoever is his coach can develop him properly.
coldmoose
Welcome Tyree!

Texas A&M is a great place. I wish you much success.
MyComputerCareer
And so we're back to the original point. By your description, it sounds like a great eval by Turner.
1876er
AG
I don't follow recruiting, but it is a little concerning that 4 of his top 5 were ranked 73, 90, 92, and 110 in total defense last year. The days of us competing with Texas and OU for recruits is over for a while though, so hopefully we can get some red Bryant and Damontre Moore types.
Joe Exotic
AG
1876er said:

I don't follow recruiting, but it is a little concerning that 4 of his top 5 were ranked 73, 90, 92, and 110 in total defense last year. The days of us competing with Texas and OU for recruits is over for a while though, so hopefully we can get some red Bryant and Damontre Moore types.

You do realize quite a few of our commits have OU/
Texas offers right? Hell, just got a 4 star OL this weekend with a Texas offer.
1876er
AG
Of course we'll get a couple. Even Fran got Marty, Goodson, McGee, Lane, and a few others. Our window of really competing with Texas and OU has been slammed shut though. Expect us to compete with TCU and OSU for most of our recruits for a while.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
1876er said:

Of course we'll get a couple. Even Fran got Marty, Goodson, McGee, Lane, and a few others. Our window of really competing with Texas and OU has been slammed shut though. Expect us to compete with TCU and OSU for most of our recruits for a while.

Discounting the results that don't fit your narrative. Always an awesome start to a ****ty newsletter.
TAM85
Dude, you are giving way too much credit to the guys who hand out stars to the players.
merc
AG
Dudes can't derail threads if no one takes the bait but I guess that must not be any fun.
1876er
AG
TAM85 said:

Dude, you are giving way too much credit to the guys who hand out stars to the players.

No. I think assigning stars to a bunch of 17-18 year olds is weird AF. I don't follow recruiting at all. I do know I would rather compete with Texas, LSU and OU for recruits than TCU, OSU, Tech, and UH.
Aggie_2463
AG
1876er said:

We have 13 commitments.....

O'neal - Texas / OU Offer
Wright - Texas / OU Offer
Luke Matthews - No need for them to offer, he was an ag lock, but he would have been if not
Moore - Texas / OU Offer
Clement - Texas / OU Offer
Blanton - OU Offer
Montel Parker - OU Offer

Ag Leans / Ag Serious Consideration with Offers

Preston - Texas / OU offer
Ossai - Texas / OU Offer
Bobby Brown - Texas / OU Offer
Dashaun White - OU Offer
Bush - Texas / OU Offer
Muhammad - Texas / OU Offer
Coburn - Texas / OU Offer

Texas Offers - 5/13 committments (I'm counting Matthews), 11/20 commitments or serious consideration guys
OU Offers - 7/13 (I'm counting Matthews), 14/20 commitments or serious consideration guys

I'd say we're competing with them just fine.
mcag83
AG
So much BAS dripping off this post...
NyAggie
AG
Quote:

My concerns about taking anyone other than a can't miss prospect at this point is valid. Seems we're taking too many undersized guys, or guys we will look to mold once they get here.

this is how programs that are not traditional blue bloods and have a hard time recruiting the studs, become very successful

they find kids that can play but don't have the physical measurables that the blue bloods are looking for, or kids that have the frames to gain those measurable but don't have them yet

Fizban
Two fundamental truths of recruiting.

You can't make a recruit grow any taller.

You can't make a recruit much faster.

Obviously in a perfect world you take guys that somehow have ideal height/weight/speed/athleticism as high schoolers and are polished players besides... those guy are the high 5-stars that everyone wants.

In the real world you would be well advised to pick guys with the necessary frame and speed, and count on the fact that you can almost always put good weight on those guys. Both Tyree Wilson and Brian Johnson fit those requirements perfectly.

Amazing Moves
Every top 15 recruiting class has 3 stars. What's the point of whining about something that is the norm?

This guy is a good prospect and has a great chance to develop.
cevans_40
AG
No. Only take high 4 and 5 star guys. Anything less is a mistake. Somehow we became Alabama overnight.
Joe Exotic
AG
1876er said:

TAM85 said:

No. I think assigning stars to a bunch of 17-18 year olds is weird AF. I don't follow recruiting at all. I do know I would rather compete with Texas, LSU and OU for recruits than TCU, OSU, Tech, and UH.

I'd say the bolded part is evident if you think we aren't competing with OU and Texas for recruits. In the Fran years we were lucky to get one kid with a Texas offer. As posted above we've got a lot right now and will have more by the end of the year.

Your post simply isn't rooted in fact.
Amazing Moves
I don't see why he should even post in a recruiting thread with that comment.
BigRed12
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

1876er said:

We have 13 commitments.....

O'neal - Texas / OU Offer
Wright - Texas / OU Offer
Luke Matthews - No need for them to offer, he was an ag lock, but he would have been if not
Moore - Texas / OU Offer
Clement - Texas / OU Offer
Blanton - OU Offer
Montel Parker - OU Offer

Ag Leans / Ag Serious Consideration with Offers

Preston - Texas / OU offer
Ossai - Texas / OU Offer
Bobby Brown - Texas / OU Offer
Dashaun White - OU Offer
Bush - Texas / OU Offer
Muhammad - Texas / OU Offer
Coburn - Texas / OU Offer

Texas Offers - 5/13 committments (I'm counting Matthews), 11/20 commitments or serious consideration guys
OU Offers - 7/13 (I'm counting Matthews), 14/20 commitments or serious consideration guys

I'd say we're competing with them just fine.
And crickets....
BigRed12
AG
1876er said:

TAM85 said:

We currently have the #8 class on Scout and #10 class on 247 Sports. I think we are competing with OU and Texas just fine.
1876er
AG
Again, I don't follow recruiting, but just for the sake of this thread I checked 247. I see at least 9 schools that will almost certainly pass us.
GoodOldAgs
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

1876er said:

TAM85 said:

I'd say the bolded part is evident if you think we aren't competing with OU and Texas for recruits. In the Fran years we were lucky to get one kid with a Texas offer. As posted above we've got a lot right now and will have more by the end of the year.

Your post simply isn't rooted in fact.

So it's still all about beating Texas.. which recruits are we beating Bama & LSU for that they actually want?
vander54
S
I love when the pot bangers come out in full force. Nothing is good everything sucks. Yay us
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
TommyDreamer said:

Mike Evans
MaroonGoons2020
AG
1876er said:

Your statement makes it obvious that you don't follow recruiting. You are way off. You should follow recruiting more before you make uninformed opinions.
Lungblood
It's an absolutely ignorant statement, in every sense of the word.
Fizban
1876er said:

Again, I don't follow recruiting, but just for the sake of this thread I checked 247. I see at least 9 schools that will almost certainly pass us.

Time to quit.

cbates85
1876er said:

Joe Exotic
AG
I don't follow X. But let me give you detailed opinion on X.
Tamu_mgm
AG
TXM Pride said:

TommyDreamer said:

He tore it up on scout team when he redshirted. Both him and Johnny. By the time Summy got here he was already the WR we got to enjoy watching for 2 years. So I would say have to give that one to Sherman. There have been some guys who have developed under sumlins watch. As cbates pointed out Dae Dae added size and became a real player. What he failed to mention was that Daeshon was a highly rated 4*, something our newest commit isn't. (Not dogging the kid, just point out a flaw in "I live in premium" arguement).
Wow some of you guys literally can't give credit to Sumlin for anything. I don't think you read what you put. So Mike Evans was already polished, ready to go and only developed under Sherman, but then basically plateaued for the 2 years Sumlin / Beaty were his coaches. Sherman had the guy for ONE year and he didn't even play that year, whether he tore up the scout team or not. Sumlin and Beaty helped take him to that next level for the 2 years they had him and he actually played.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.