Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Yessir!

16,791 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BattleCattle
Pylon Cam
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Update: According to people on Twitter. The yessir will announce later tonight. All signs point to him being Tyree Wilson.

Tyree Wilson - I think

Tyree Wilson is a three-star defensive end out of West Rusk High School in New London, Texas. A&M offered him on June 6th. Tyree is rated as the 1478th best player in the country and the 70th best weak-side defensive end in the class of 2018 per composite. Tyree reminds me of Texas A&M signee Ondario Robinson from the 2017 class. Both have a great offer list for their rating, and seem underrated. Tyree Wilson has 17 offers in total, including those from Oklahoma State and Mississippi State. Tyree Wilson is a bit of a project player (in the sense that he needs to put on some weight) and a prime candidate for redshirting, but he is the type of player who can be a solid contributor if not start as an upperclassman. He has a great frame, and could fill out to become a monster defensive end. It seems that a major part of the reason for his low ranking is due to the fact that he is pretty lanky for being a defensive end (Ht: 6-5.5, 221lbs) and the fact that West Rusk is a 3A Division II school (221-318 students), meaning that the level of competition that Tyree plays against isn't that high.
Clavell
Pylon Cam
AG
ViralAg said:

Who's that?
Updated the O.P.!
Pylon Cam
AG
TXM Pride said:

Whyyyy in the world are we taking a project player at a position of need this early in the recruiting process?
He is only a project in the sense that he needs to get bigger. We could take as many as four defensive ends this class, and we are only in the running for two more (Ossai and Brown). The state seems week at the defensive end position this year, so we will take the best we can get. However, there is a fairly good chance that we end up with 3 or four of the best five defensive ends in Texas this year. Also, our staff is really high on Tyree.
Pylon Cam
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

Seems like we keep making excuses for a lot of 3 star players.

This one is undersized, that one is under the radar.

If Sumlin has lost his recruiting edge, he has lost his edge...
The state is not exactly loaded at defensive end this year. I think that Tyree is the 5th best 2018 end in the state. This is how Jim Turner recruits. He looks at the frame and how a guy plays, and worries about weight later.

In conclusion, it isn't cool that you **** all over our commitments.
ironmanag
AG
Right on cue.

Welcome young man you made a great choice.

Don't worry about negative commander he pissed and moaned when Mike Evans was recruited too.

In other words he's an idiot.
cbates85
TXM Pride said:

Whyyyy in the world are we taking a project player at a position of need this early in the recruiting process?

Thank god you aren't a coach.
cbates85
Lateralus Ag said:

The worst comment I ever read.
TXM Pride
cbates85 said:

TXM Pride said:

And why exactly is that?

I know nothing about this kid, and wasn't the one to call him a project. My concerns about taking anyone other than a can't miss prospect at this point is valid. Seems we're taking too many undersized guys, or guys we will look to mold once they get here. Honestly at DE I'd love to see us go the JUCO route and get guys physically ready to play as soon as they step on campus. You need grown men playing on both sides of the line to compete in the SEC.

To the point that the state is weak at DE this year.. then we need to take our asses to Louisiana because they sure as hell seem to be able to produce quality defenders. I'm tired of excuses. I want to see results on the field.
redjalapeno-87
TXM Pride
HSFootballAg24 said:

Lateralus Ag said:

The state is not exactly loaded at defensive end this year. I think that Tyree is the 5th best 2018 end in the state. This is how Jim Turner recruits. He looks at the frame and how a guy plays, and worries about weight later.

In conclusion, it isn't cool that you **** all over our commitments.

All those first rounders we've had that were Turner guys were all VERY highly rated prospects. Not sure if Ifedi was recruited by turner or not but he would be the exception. Just saying.
cbates85
TXM Pride said:

cbates85 said:

TXM Pride said:

And why exactly is that?

I know nothing about this kid, and wasn't the one to call him a project. My concerns about taking anyone other than a can't miss prospect at this point is valid. Seems we're taking too many undersized guys, or guys we will look to mold once they get here. Honestly at DE I'd love to see us go the JUCO route and get guys physically ready to play as soon as they step on campus. You need grown men playing on both sides of the line to compete in the SEC.

To the point that the state is weak at DE this year.. then we need to take our asses to Louisiana because they sure as hell seem to be able to produce quality defenders. I'm tired of excuses. I want to see results on the field.

You literally called him a project player in your comment. Daeshon Hall was a project player and he's in the NFL now. 6'5 DE's don't go on trees. You obviously haven't seen this guys offfer list.

Jayden Peevy and Josh Rogers from last year are very similar to this guy. Just because he's a 3 star, you don't like him. That is a mistake on your part.

Btw, the coaches signed the #1 JUCO DE in the country last year. I suggest you get with the program. Thank god you aren't a coach.
SpringAg92
Gig'em Tyree!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
WTF95
Welcome Tyree.

Gig'em.
Joe Exotic
AG
This thread represents everything I hate about this board. Kid choose A&M and we have to take a **** on him.
MyComputerCareer
I'm confused. Should we complain that Sumlin can't evaluate like Sherman? Or should we complain when he does (by literally using Shermans former staff)?

With Mike Evans & Demontre Moore, both unheralded recruits, Turners judgement is beyond reproach IMO.
MaroonGoons2020
AG
Can't we all just get along
TXM Pride
Player development >>>> evaluation

When it comes to issues with staff.
Mr. Peterman
Go back to his commitment video when he makes his announcement. Look at the length of his arms compared to the rest of his body. He is 6'5" and has arms that almost reach his knees. That is a hellacious wing span. Imagine after some time in the weight room and when he fills out. Will definitely fit the part of a DE
tehmackdaddy
AG
Gig 'em!
MyComputerCareer
Mike Evans? Did he even play for Sherman?
TXM Pride
TommyDreamer said:

Mike Evans? Did he even play for Sherman?

Not sure what you're getting at, but he redshirted during Shermans last year here and then played his 2 seasons under Sumlin.. again, no idea what you're trying to get at with your post.
Lateralus Ag
dixichkn
AG
I'll just interrupt the pillow fight long enough to welcome the kid to Aggieland, commend him on his decision and wish him the best of luck.

Carry on, gents.
CHEN Ag 2019
AG
Staff, can we please clean up this thread?
cevans_40
AG
Welcome aboard
Mike Elko
AG
Welcome, Tyree. Dude reminds me of Daeshon Hall. Length and upside.

And just ignore Lateralus Ag... He's merely a waste of time and space. Nothing more, nothing less.
redjalapeno-87
Glad to have Tyree on board. Looks like a good athlete with quickness and extremely long wingspan.
Shooz in Katy
AG
Well after reading this thread I hope Tyree is the next Von Miller.
5C
AG
Monica...
C Loves L
Lat are you single handily trying to ruin every thread in this forum that's positive?
MyComputerCareer
Who gets credit for Mike Evans development?
turboboost
AG
I like the potential this young man shows. He's an unpolished MG.
2thFixinAg
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

This thread represents everything I hate about this board. Kid choose A&M and we have to take a **** on him.
in all fairness we're pretty good at taking a **** on the ones we don't get too.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.