Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Maddest You have been at refs?

14,204 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 88jrt06
VikingNik
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If we would have beaten UF or LSU we would have won the NC that year. We were the best team in college football by the end of the season. Our D was good enough to get three or four 3&outs to start the game and the O would score three or four TDs before the other team knew what hit them.
Tomdoss92
AG

i was in Vegas
money line for fun - the tail end of a five game parlay
all four others hit earlier in the day
we were something like 12 point favorites, this was just going to be a little icing on the cake for a nice relaxing evening and and even nicer payout

JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
VikingNik said:

If we would have beaten UF or LSU we would have won the NC that year. We were the best team in college football by the end of the season. Our D was good enough to get three or four 3&outs to start the game and the O would score three or four TDs before the other team knew what hit them.
Y.E.P..... and both of those were VERY winnable games.
Amazing Moves
Mac94 said:

1989 Arkansas game
Yep.

All Texas Tech bad calls combined. So many. Replay would have been nice in a couple of those.

Horse Collar. So blatant.
Amazing Moves
aeon-ag said:

The Original AG 76 said:

1963 tu game. Criminally stolen
The absolute worst!!! A&M intercepts tu pass while falling out of the back of the end zone. Blind ref calls it incomplete. This would have stopped the tu national championship for 1963.
Probably the worst.
CoachC16
AG
UCLA no call on Sloan is pretty high up there along with the 2016 'bama game.
snowdog90
tamc91 said:

There was a Texas Tech game that was also stolen in Lubbock in the 95-96 timeframe. It was the that ended with a Zach Thomas interception near the end zone, but there were 5-6 blatant missed called.

This is the one I remember most. 7-7 late in 4th. We get a sack-fumble and will return it for the winning td. BUT... ref blows the whistle claiming qb was down. Replays show fumble, qb not even close to being down.

They punt. Our ball, inside our 30, under 10 seconds left. We should a) hail mary trying for a miracle, or b) kneel and take a 7-7 tie.

We instead choose c) a 5 yard pass over the middle that Zach Thomas intercepts and returns for the game-ending td.

Worst game ever.
PharmD4
AG
2014 LSU - offsides, targeting, inadvertent whistle, no roughing the kicker

texancanuck11
I must have done a pretty good job of blocking it from my memory, but what did the refs do to us in the 2011 tu game?
Meximan
I'm more upset at the team for putting themselves in bad positions than refs who miss calls. They can control their play, they can't control the refs.
aginlakeway
AG
snowdog90 said:

tamc91 said:

There was a Texas Tech game that was also stolen in Lubbock in the 95-96 timeframe. It was the that ended with a Zach Thomas interception near the end zone, but there were 5-6 blatant missed called.

This is the one I remember most. 7-7 late in 4th. We get a sack-fumble and will return it for the winning td. BUT... ref blows the whistle claiming qb was down. Replays show fumble, qb not even close to being down.

They punt. Our ball, inside our 30, under 10 seconds left. We should a) hail mary trying for a miracle, or b) kneel and take a 7-7 tie.

We instead choose c) a 5 yard pass over the middle that Zach Thomas intercepts and returns for the game-ending td.

Worst game ever.
That was a HORRIBLE no call ... NO WAY this is not a scoop and score ...

Commander Gorn
AG
Manziel horse-collar. To this day, I hate Auburn with an undying passion
schmellba99
AG
2006 when Dodge had the game winning interception.

Refs reviewed the play for at least 5 minutes - pretty much long enough to,convince themselves he didnt have control. Bunch of BS.

2 or 3 plays later, tech scores on a fade and wins. I was hella pissed because of the inordinate time the refs took to review.

The others on the OP list were all horrible calls as well.
dixichkn
AG
aginlakeway said:

snowdog90 said:

tamc91 said:

Worst game ever.
That was a HORRIBLE no call ... NO WAY this is not a scoop and score ...

Infuriates me to this day. Blatantly missed call. Replay or not, it was that obvious. Home cooking at its best
StickTogetherAgs
tu 2011

If you stay around the sips long enough, you're gonna get screwed by their personal refs and insiders

Can we please stay away from them unless we meet in a bowl game?
AGGies0311
What was the call?
Frank Grimes
AG
Alabama 2013. Sensari's "pick six" was an absolute mugging of Labhart. It should have been A&M first down in the red zone rather than a TD for Alabama. And we lost by a touchdown.
cc10106
The horse collar is prop tops for me, but atleast Auburn choked in the natty after having likely the luckiest season of all time. As for 2012, let's not pretend that beating UGA in Atlanta would have been easy. They were a top 5 team as well that nearly beat Bama and likely would have gotten the calls over newcomer A&M.

Perhaps my memory is fuzzy, but i don't remember A&M having many games where they benefited the way some of their opponents have over the years as discussed in this thread.
CoachC16
AG
cc10106 said:

The horse collar is prop tops for me, but atleast Auburn choked in the natty after having likely the luckiest season of all time. As for 2012, let's not pretend that beating UGA in Atlanta would have been easy. They were a top 5 team as well that nearly beat Bama and likely would have gotten the calls over newcomer A&M.

Perhaps my memory is fuzzy, but i don't remember A&M having many games where they benefited the way some of their opponents have over the years as discussed in this thread.
really interesting point there, Georgia was a hell of a team. I think they lost with the ball on the 10 yard line going in for a gw score
cc10106
Yah, they "Georgia'd" that game away after catching a tipped pass about 5 yards from the end zone with under 10 seconds left and no more timeouts. That was the de facto national title game that season. Their '07 squad was arguably the best in the country like A&M in '12 with both having 2 losses, but a 2-loss LSU lucked their way into the natty instead despite losing the last game of the regular season in Death Valley.

Burbank
AG
'95 Lubbock
'89 Lubbock
'99 Lubbock
'13 Auburn
'12 LSU
'11 tu
Burbank
AG
Quad Dog said:

GetThoseKeysMilo said:

What happened in the 2012 LSU game was inexcusable. Not only did the TD get taken away on a bad call, LSU had so many third down conversions on ticky-tack pass interference calls. That was pretty much their offense for a lot of the game. There were two different sets of rules being enforced depending on who had the ball.

And pretty much any game officiated by the Penn Wagers crew was going to be a cluster.
I remember seeing that play live from the Zone, it was a very clear chop block. Harrison (#51) starts the block up high and Joeckel (#76) takes out his legs. Pretty much the definition of a chop block.

Watch the video and replays...

Uh.. no
Harrison had maybe one finger on the guy up high, barely engaged
Burbank
AG
Loftin said:

Auburn 2013 and texas 2011 were the games that immediately popped into my head.

The 1-point safety awarded to tu in 2004 was infuriating, but ultimately didn't impact the final result. We never got possession of the ball outside the endzone on that play, should have been a touchback.

I learned to hate instant replay in 2006, when TWO game-winning interceptions by Mark Dodge were overturned (Nebraska and Texas Tech). Would've been 11-1 and in a BCS bowl.

The Dodge Neb interception stood ( late)
We just aggied up and gave the ball back to them in 30 seconds when a 1st
Down would've clinched it
Burbank
AG
wsjag said:

Also look how empty the north end zone Horshoe seats were. For such a big game I'm surprised this was not better attended

Sat, thanksgiving weekend
cdowl38
AG
Lsu 2012. Two pass interference calls on 3rd down that led to their only two touchdowns
cdowl38
AG
Reading this has only made me angry again haha. I remember I wrote about it in a marketing research class. The prompt was when was a time an officiating crew angered you or something like that
cdowl38
AG
texancanuck11 said:

I must have done a pretty good job of blocking it from my memory, but what did the refs do to us in the 2011 tu game?

Late hit call on their last drive gave them 15 yards
gdsrt
AG
No contest - 1963 tu game. We were flat robbed on the "no interception" call.
tosull
It's 2017 and lsu was still offsides
TexAg15
AG
What makes 2013 Auburn so bad was that it was actually endangering an athlete. The other ones were just bad calls, but that could of ended JFF.
Deke
AG
1963 tu game
TheSwingingGate
AG
You know, and that time Myles was getting held and it wasn't called.
Not a Bot
AG
cdowl38 said:

Lsu 2012. Two pass interference calls on 3rd down that led to their only two touchdowns

This. The bad call wasn't the chop block that took away the touchdown, the bad calls were the awful pass interference flags against us on third down. LSU doesn't sniff the end zone in that game without some help.
Deputy Travis Junior
Loftin said:

I learned to hate instant replay in 2006, when TWO game-winning interceptions by Mark Dodge were overturned (Nebraska and Texas Tech). Would've been 11-1 and in a BCS bowl.
Oh well. That year we were a fake good team that was propped up by an absolutely god-awful conference (we barely beat Army and our conference champion (OU) had a WR playing QB).

We would have been absolutely destroyed in a BCS game and Fran likely would have gotten another 2-3 years instead of just 1.
usmcbrooks
2/7Marine0311 said:

What was the call?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.