Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Maddest You have been at refs?

14,222 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 88jrt06
Ag86Hotard109
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I HAT you for even reminding me of this ***** My BP is racing.
Ag4coal
Predmid said:

The no-call on Donald Sloan's drive to the bucket in the final seconds against UCLA in the NCAA tournament.

That would be considered assault in 47 states.

This was a truly awful one!!!

As for the OP: 1,4,3,2
aeon-ag
The Original AG 76 said:

1963 tu game. Criminally stolen
The absolute worst!!! A&M intercepts tu pass while falling out of the back of the end zone. Blind ref calls it incomplete. This would have stopped the tu national championship for 1963.
jb6092
Is it your position that bad calls only go one way? Just curious, but maybe you could find all the missed calls that went the other way. These things have a tendency to even out, it isn't like the overall W-L record is going to change if every missed call was actually called.
Post removed:
by user
Jimi_Rod
AG
Any game Randy Christal officiated.
A is A
AG
of your list. easily #4
andrew_rules
AG
One of my happiest moments was 2004 Ags vs Colorado. Overtime, Ags up by 3, Colorado first down at the 12. Run up the middle, ball apparently comes out, Ags recover, refs call it for A&M and then sprint off the field. Will always remember our guys jumping around the field and every one of their players and coaches standing there trying to figure out WTF happened...

One of the rare highlights of the Fran years...
GetThoseKeysMilo
What happened in the 2012 LSU game was inexcusable. Not only did the TD get taken away on a bad call, LSU had so many third down conversions on ticky-tack pass interference calls. That was pretty much their offense for a lot of the game. There were two different sets of rules being enforced depending on who had the ball.

And pretty much any game officiated by the Penn Wagers crew was going to be a cluster.
canadiaggie
AG
2011 Texas and 2013 Auburn. Hands down. First one is self explanatory, 2nd one is because then we probably would have ended up with 9 wins and a chance at 10 with a bowl.

Although if I had to choose between Johnny's hand/shoulder injury and the horse collar, I probably want the injury taken away. We don't get a wasted drive with Matt Joeckel, so we win vs. Auburn and we probably win @ Mizzou to end up with 10 regular season wins with a chance to get an 11th in a top bowl game.
aggiebrad94
AG
jb6092 said:

Is it your position that bad calls only go one way? Just curious, but maybe you could find all the missed calls that went the other way. These things have a tendency to even out, it isn't like the overall W-L record is going to change if every missed call was actually called.
Start your own thread. First post can be roughing the passer call against Nebraska in '10.

But NOTHING, AND I MEAN NOTHING, in our history compares to this non-call...

Nebraska - K State
Predmid
AG
What about the 5th down?
rbcs_2
AG
andrew_rules said:

One of my happiest moments was 2004 Ags vs Colorado. Overtime, Ags up by 3, Colorado first down at the 12. Run up the middle, ball apparently comes out, Ags recover, refs call it for A&M and then sprint off the field. Will always remember our guys jumping around the field and every one of their players and coaches standing there trying to figure out WTF happened...

I remember that. I saw an older CU grad as I walked back to my apartment and he was pissed. He said that he had already called someone in the CU AD and they were putting together a formal protest because they had so blatantly gotten the call wrong. He was ready to fight too. I think they got the call right in the end, but nobody really knew it at the time.

The OU game in 2004 had a weird ref flub. We were up 7-0, OU punted and we were driving again. Got the ball down to the OU 5 yard line and go hurry up. It worked and we scored. But then the refs conference, and decide that one of the line judges wasn't ready for the play to start (despite the play clock running), so they invalidated the TD. I think we still scored on a later play, but man was a screw up.
Quad Dog
AG
GetThoseKeysMilo said:

What happened in the 2012 LSU game was inexcusable. Not only did the TD get taken away on a bad call, LSU had so many third down conversions on ticky-tack pass interference calls. That was pretty much their offense for a lot of the game. There were two different sets of rules being enforced depending on who had the ball.

And pretty much any game officiated by the Penn Wagers crew was going to be a cluster.
I remember seeing that play live from the Zone, it was a very clear chop block. Harrison (#51) starts the block up high and Joeckel (#76) takes out his legs. Pretty much the definition of a chop block.

Watch the video and replays...

Loftin
AG
Auburn 2013 and texas 2011 were the games that immediately popped into my head.

The 1-point safety awarded to tu in 2004 was infuriating, but ultimately didn't impact the final result. We never got possession of the ball outside the endzone on that play, should have been a touchback.

I learned to hate instant replay in 2006, when TWO game-winning interceptions by Mark Dodge were overturned (Nebraska and Texas Tech). Would've been 11-1 and in a BCS bowl.
GoodOldAgs
I got angrier at a certain #24 kicker who will remain nameless than I ever got at any referee.
AGGies0311
What tu event in 2011?
GovAg
rbcs_2 said:

andrew_rules said:

I remember that. I saw an older CU grad as I walked back to my apartment and he was pissed. He said that he had already called someone in the CU AD and they were putting together a formal protest because they had so blatantly gotten the call wrong. He was ready to fight too. I think they got the call right in the end, but nobody really knew it at the time.

The OU game in 2004 had a weird ref flub. We were up 7-0, OU punted and we were driving again. Got the ball down to the OU 5 yard line and go hurry up. It worked and we scored. But then the refs conference, and decide that one of the line judges wasn't ready for the play to start (despite the play clock running), so they invalidated the TD. I think we still scored on a later play, but man was a screw up.
I was there. I lowered my head in disgust as I thought Bobby Purify had escaped for a first down.

Then I hear the guy next to me shout "BALL! BALL!"

I look up and the Ags are celebrating.

The ball was out btw:

rbcs_2
AG
I was there as well and yes it was clearly a fumble. I should have said that at the time nobody in the general area of the student section I was in knew what was going on. I remember Foliaki coming out of the pile with the ball and Kyle erupting, but none of us knew if it was an actual fumble or not. The first thing I heard about the play was the bitter CU grad after the game saying the refs blatantly screwed his team. I think that last part is my most vivid memory of the entire event.
coupland boy
AG
tamc91 said:

There was a Texas Tech game that was also stolen in Lubbock in the 95-96 timeframe. It was the that ended with a Zach Thomas interception near the end zone, but there were 5-6 blatant missed called.

This. 1995.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I will,add to your 1, 3 & 4 the following...

1989 Arkansas
2000 OU
1989 Texas Tech
2012 LSU
AggieBand2004
AG
Dave Yeast, all three games of the 2009 baseball series vs the sips
Predmid
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

Dave Yeast, all three games of the 2009 baseball series vs the sips
Oh ffs, I forgot about that.
bigjag19
AG
LSU call in '12 was correct. Inexcusable on our part.
wsjag
AG
1989 Arkansas- A&M

However we went to the holiday bowl and destroyed BYU in one of our signature defensive games in the last 30 years
Tripacer
BYU was after the '90 season.
Tripacer
Anyone remember those quick stick first down markers that they used in the mid '90s? Several times they would have them on the wrong side of the yard line. Instead of 1st and 10, we would have 1st and 14 or 1st and 8. No one ever noticed. I spent a lot of that season yelling at the line crew.
johnnyblaze36
AG
wsjag said:

1989 Arkansas- A&M

However we went to the holiday bowl and destroyed BYU in one of our signature defensive games in the last 30 years
Man 8:25 mark. I was 11 years old and rode from Dallas with my grandfather and was right there on the 20 yard line, first deck west side. I'll never forget it at as the biggest rip-off ever.
CDiem05
AG
We lost to Pitt in the Sun Bowl in 1989... I was 7 and that was the first time I realized the Cotton Bowl wasn't the only Bowl game.
wsjag
AG
Noted! forgot about the Sun bowl probably since we lost that to to a interim head coach Who was made the permanent man at pitt the day of the game.
If I recall Tennessee beat Arkansas in the 1990 Cotton Bowl so it wasn't a good bowl year for the Southwest conference anyway.
wsjag
AG
Also look how empty the north end zone Horshoe seats were. For such a big game I'm surprised this was not better attended
909Ag2006
AG
2000 v. OU. Watch the blatant block in the back by Rocky Calmus at the 12 second mark.

909Ag2006
AG
Just posted a video of it. Pathetic.
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
Hank Mardukas said:

Illegal block vs. LSU in 2012 on a td. Might have won that, and gone on to win the SEC. Ben Malena was involved not sure if he was the runner or the blocker, can't remember.
This one still makes me very mad. We had two blockers on one LSU defender. I think it was Joeckel and Harrison. I think Harrison was the one called with the chop block? Malena only needed one of those blockers to block, it was a very easy touchdown. We win that game if Malena scores there, bet.

Then with a win in that game, we win the sec and possibly play in natty and nobody was stopping Manziel and that squad in the natty.... Nobody
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
First Quarter with 7:35 left. We are up 6-0. After a commercial break, we throw a screen pass to the left to Malena. From LSUs 35 yard line Malena takes it to the house. During the play Harrison and Joeckel converge on one LSU defender and one gets called for an illegal block (down low). The play gets called back and we get back to field goal range and hit a 3 pointer. Instead of 9-0, it would have been 13-0. No telling what happens the rest of the game, but I feel like with that td, we win.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.