Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What's the worst thing about attending an Aggie game? (No bashing the team or Sumli

16,625 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cdowl38
SECTAMU#1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Too many interuptions by the jumbotron - would rather hear the band and the yells by the 12th Man more.
Krazykat
AG
while the players warm up, they play music on the field... don't have a problem with that. The problem comes in when it gets closer to the game and the announcer starts his thing, but the music on the field keeps blaring. Shut the damn music off! Annoying as hell.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
tamutaylor12 said:

People that know nothing about football yelling idiotic "suggestions" at the coach. They embarrass themselves as well as anybody who has to listen to their garbage.

Sat in front of one of those guys all season last year. It was like I was reading Texags live. I can understand if you don't like Sumlin, but if you aren't enjoying the game, why do you also feel the need to make everyone around you miserable as well? Especially when you don't know your ass from your elbow regarding football.
zephyr88
AG
The stadium announcer
The spirit killer
The continuous awards
The $24 chicken wrap
Opponents sitting in our section
milner79
That stupid-azz "Let's get ready for the main event" intro. Get rid of that crap ... and just give me the drums, baby!!
jpbrad
Parking was tough, score was rough but my Mom, brother, sister in law, son, daughter in law, daughter, three grandkids, and my wife of 43 years loved the experience of a game at Kyle Field! That's got to be on everyone's bucket list (with or without Stmblin).
Frederick Palowaski
AG
tamutaylor12 said:

People that know nothing about football yelling idiotic "suggestions" at the coach. They embarrass themselves as well as anybody who has to listen to their garbage.

So you read Texags during the game?
dixichkn
AG
My fellow olds that paid $100 a pop just to sit on their f***ing hands the whole game. Not saying you have to stand and yell for 3 solid hours, but either make some noise or gtfo. What used to be the best home field advantage in college football is no more. And that's in an enclosed stadium.

Cue the "gimme something to yell about" in 3.....2.....1......
CampingAg
AG
As a student it was always the worst when they would have an on-field presentation before the band left the field, thus only giving us 3-4 minutes to sit down.
Texan1976
20 years ago, college football fans usually had to miss a couple games a year on TV. And it was in SD on a 27" tube TV if you were lucky.

Now everyone has 60" HD televisions with crystal clear pictures. It is why I think it is foolish to expand stadium capacities. What should be done in an expansion is to make more club and suite type seats and not add capacity. Make the viewing better. Have cheaper concessions and booze.
Ag Tag
Fat redneck women!
Ian Neff
AG
CajunAg86 said:

The stupid music we play before 3d down on defense now....and the fact that it plays at 135dB until the snap count. Absolutely kills any ability for the fans to get into a critical defensive play (I know, some will say it wouldn't matter but it DOES).

It does matter. It does. And what makes this situation even crazier to me is that these things are generally decided by 1 to 3 people.

And then 100,000 of us have to deal with it.
mgreen
New army standing up during the game for no reason at all just because they think they are not a good fan unless they stand up.
theJonatron
AG
Stupid old people getting after me for booing.

I'm going to boo at crap calls. Get over it.
zooguy96
The crappy parking.
The crappy wireless in the stadium.
Long lines for food and over-priced fare.

And of course, getting beaten in over 60% of conference games.
HECUBUS
AG
1) The drive
2) Sitting outside of the student section

aglaes
AG
Nachos.

The guy telling is what the weather is like on the jumbotron.
Sq 17
Jkirkp said:

The absolute worst thing is having to drink Pepsi products.
the switch to pepsi has saved me about $1,000 between football basketball and baseball Wont pay for that swill
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
aglaes said:

Nachos.

The guy telling is what the weather is like on the jumbotron.

I just hate that it's in the 3rd quarter. I would kind of understand if it's in the first.
Cancelled
AG
1. Alumni seating on student side
2. Yell leaders dictated by Admin
3. Awards
4. Can't hear band
5. Music
6. Sweaty ass + forgot to wipe
aggie_fan13
AG
the city itself becomes a giant nightmare of traffic for at least 2 hours after the game is over
Krazykat
AG
Sq 17 said:

Jkirkp said:

The absolute worst thing is having to drink Pepsi products.
the switch to pepsi has saved me about $1,000 between football basketball and baseball Wont pay for that swill

Pepsi>Coca Cola.
Satellite of Love
The PA is deafening sitting in the upper section of the south endzone. It's like they have the side speaker up to 11 at all times.
Bob Harris
This is factually incorrect and maybe the most wrong thing ever posted here.
discobrob
AG
The audio is terrible.
94DallasAG
AG
Go to one game a year and usually stay three nights, Thurs-Sun. All of the above does not bother me as I love the nostalgia of College Station and gameday at Kyle Field.

I'll continue to do so as long as I'm able.
BTHOB-98
To me it's asking for the crowd noise. WHY!!!! Why are we asking. We used to be the most educated fan base. Why do we need to ask for anything. We will be loud and be loud constantly when we need to be. Stop asking.
phillyag92
AG
Losing
wtr1975
AG
CajunAg86 said:

The stupid music we play before 3d down on defense now....and the fact that it plays at 135dB until the snap count. Absolutely kills any ability for the fans to get into a critical defensive play (I know, some will say it wouldn't matter but it DOES).

I agree 100% This has to be one of the dumbest recent changes and whoever decided ought to be shot. They do it st Starkville as well (along with stupid cowbells) and I'll never go back.
SunrayAg
AG
This thread actually reminds me of what I hate most... Being surrounded by a bunch of damn whiners...
aggie_fan13
AG
Staying at home watching from couch and being able to flip to other games while enjoying the comforts of indoor AC and stocked beer just seems to outweigh everything
AtlAg05
AG
And how many of the items listed would go away if the team were winning?
W
AG
jpbrad said:

Parking was tough, score was rough but my Mom, brother, sister in law, son, daughter in law, daughter, three grandkids, and my wife of 43 years loved the experience of a game at Kyle Field! That's got to be on everyone's bucket list (with or without Stmblin).
and for 1 or 2 games per year the inconveniences are okay.

but for 6 or 7 games per seasons, the inconveniences become annoying and have folks thinking about cutting back to 4 or 5 games per year
W
AG
tosull said:

On field presentations
this x 100,000
mgreen
Love Pepsi and any one complaining about parking or traffic has never been to another college or NFL stadium. A&M has more parking than another college stadium I can think of and they are the standard bearer for how to control traffic compared to other cities. They also have free bus service to the game but I guess this is still not enough for you.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.