Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What's the worst thing about attending an Aggie game? (No bashing the team or Sumli

16,635 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cdowl38
Bottlehead90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Asking people to complain about A&M?

The jokes write themselves
William Larue Weller
AG
Standing for the band at half time (back when I was a student).
Swammy51
Boobs...lots of boobs
Deputy Travis Junior
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

The answer is "getting beat by mediocre SEC teams." If that is "bashing" than so be it.

Come on. Think of all the Heisman campaign launches you've been able to witness at Kyle.
Pro Ag
AG
Worst for entire experience, stated above: 2 night minimum on hotels

Game: game attendees - they walk or worse stand in front of you during plays, looking for seats or going for concessions, don't pay attention and then spout stupid complaints about the football

Easiest thing to fix: also stated above, keep the game stats up more
Lateralus Ag
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Come on OP, this is like the Adam Sandler's "Sex or Weightlifting."

The answer is "getting beat by mediocre SEC teams." If that is "bashing" than so be it.

How is it that you people always mess up "than" and "then"?
Lateralus Ag
AG
Pro Ag said:

Worst for entire experience, stated above: 2 night minimum on hotels

Game: game attendees - they walk or worse stand in front of you during plays, looking for seats or going for concessions, don't pay attention and then spout stupid complaints about the football

Easiest thing to fix: also stated above, keep the game stats up more

The Stella (opening in March, 4* hotel in the Atlas Town Center) will not require a 2 night minimum next season.
StickTogetherAgs
More interviews with...
agnatgas
AG
seat size
redd38
AG
jja79 said:

Sounds like you don't attend the games. This is a thread about attending games.

I go to one or two games a year, but mostly watch games at home for the reasons listed.
CajunAg86
The stupid music we play before 3d down on defense now....and the fact that it plays at 135dB until the snap count. Absolutely kills any ability for the fans to get into a critical defensive play (I know, some will say it wouldn't matter but it DOES).
Potcake
AG
Aggie fans becoming more like the worst of other schools. Had a drunk ass couple behind us spilling coke on me while mixing drinks. I turned around and said "really"? Wife proceded to talk s*** to us until they disappeared in Q3 because she pissed her pants. Plus, I hate driving back to Austin on 21 at midnight.
AustinCountyAg
Not being able to hear the band. And our seats are right next to the student section on the 5 yard line.
garyt73
AG
Let the band play and the yell leaders lead yells.
Ribbon boards, endless announcements and presentations, etc can go.
Televised games are too long because of the network stalls. Fill that time with band and yells.
Food vendors are horrible.

The band/crowd activity during the national championship game (even on tv) was great and very nostalgic for me. We used to have that at Kyle. I really miss it.

CampingAg
AG
Length of games has to be fixed. I'm the biggest advocate of college football over NFL football, but Sundays are such a breath of fresh air when games are three hours on the dot. That's one thing the NFL does right.

I drove from Fort Worth for the Tennessee game. Great game, had fun, but good grief. After sitting in the heat for 5+ hours, I'm done with the day trips. And with the aforementioned 2-night hotel minimum, I've never been one for overnight trips. I'm a college football fanatic, so I'll sit at home and watch on TV, and not miss the other great games of the day while driving home.

I know, lolold, lolfat, etc. At least I yell when I go to games, though.
Hey Nav
AG
There's so much I love about the Aggie football game day experience - it's why I go.

That said, yeah, the 2 night minimum thing, along with the prices charged by the motels, leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I can afford it. i just don't like paying $800 or more for your basic chain motor lodge lodging.

At the stadium, I'm ready for the escalators to get fixed (NW Corner). Somebody is going to get hurt there unless they become somewhat reliable.
BanderaAg956
LOL - going to a game?
Ragoo
AG
jja79 said:

Muzzle the PA announcer
Remove the ribbon boards
Never introduce another soul before or during the game
Keep Will Johnson off the big screen with highlights of games that ended 3 hours ago or on Thursday
Let the band play
Let the yell boys lead some yells
Fire Levy and get local vendors
Issue one parking permit (other than handicapped or special situations) and make it first come, first served

well chace Murphy resigned today....
lotoarmy
AG
jja79 said:

Muzzle the PA announcer
Remove the ribbon boards
Never introduce another soul before or during the game
Keep Will Johnson off the big screen with highlights of games that ended 3 hours ago or on Thursday
Let the band play
Let the yell boys lead some yells
Fire Levy and get local vendors
Issue one parking permit (other than handicapped or special situations) and make it first come, first served

This!
Last of the Old Army
Jkirkp
The absolute worst thing is having to drink Pepsi products. Pepsi products are the root cause for most other problems. If you're drinking a coke, you're more energized and the carbonated perfection does wonders on the vocal cords which allows us to yell at decibels not achievable with Pepsi. Since you're more energized on coke you're standing more during the game and you don't care about your seat size. The yelling and standing will generate more victories and a better game atmosphere.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Coming down by halftime if you're not in the legends or zone club.
Bucketrunner
Jkirkp said:

The absolute worst thing is having to drink Pepsi products. Pepsi products are the root cause for most other problems. If you're drinking a coke, you're more energized and the carbonated perfection does wonders on the vocal cords which allows us to yell at decibels not achievable with Pepsi. Since you're more energized on coke you're standing more during the game and you don't care about your seat size. The yelling and standing will generate more victories and a better game atmosphere.
nickstro66
AG
Anytime John Sharp is introduced
agz win
AG
Relish container for my Aggie Dog needs to be refreshed more frequently.

New uncomfortable MSC Basement chairs need to be replaced.

Less cops with speed radar on way home.

Not enough statues of RC and Johnny.
King
AG
Students yelling wop while the drum major is yelling Recaaaaallll etc...before the FTAB halftime drill.

Also students yelling oooohh aaaahh right before step off of the FTAB halftime drill
wheelz
AG
Day games on hot as F days.
No beer.
mediocre over-priced food & drink.
AGGIEZ99
AG
We need some of these...
Ol Rock
AG
No morning games ever. No afternoon games before October 15th.
tosull
On field presentations
aggiediehard10
AG
Invite anyone involved in creating the game day experience in Aggieland to an Alabama Football game. The sound system is loud as hell, the video's on the video board are intimidating, The announcers know how to pump up the volume, and they use every second legally aloud to make noise before the ball is snapped.

Alabama has the game day experience down pat!
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
I think gameday is awesome @ Kyle....

I'm also stoked no one made a stupid ass chicken wrap joke....

Great thread all around
ag-seventy
AG
redd38 said:

Seats are less comfortable than my couch
View is worse than on my tv
Weather is worse than in my living room
Parking is further away than my driveway
Tickets are more expensive than my cable bill
This guy pretty much nailed it, but I would add putting up with obnoxious fans.
tamutaylor12
People that know nothing about football yelling idiotic "suggestions" at the coach. They embarrass themselves as well as anybody who has to listen to their garbage.
Ishmael-Ag
AG
Still have ice cream delivery men instead of good looking cheerleaders.
hurleyag
AG
I think this is an issue for the entire sport of football in general and not just Aggie games. The commercialization has driven game to be 4+ hours due to all the commercial breaks. It might not happen anytime soon, but if they keep adding dead time to the games in the interest of making money on the tv audience I have to believe game attendance will go way down. Heck, we are already seeing it in the NFL since the fans don't normally have the same loyalty as college football fans do to their alma mater.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.