Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What's the worst thing about attending an Aggie game? (No bashing the team or Sumli

16,633 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cdowl38
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
azulAg said:

Staying at home watching from couch and being able to flip to other games while enjoying the comforts of indoor AC and stocked beer just seems to outweigh everything

I haven't missed a game in 16 years. I can't imagine missing out on tailgating all day with good people, great food, cold beer and keeping an eye on the other games at the tailgate. The experience inside Kyle Field is no longer enjoyable for many of the reasons mentioned here, but the rest of the experience is far superior to sitting on your couch.
Yell Practice
Just enjoy all the positives of thee game and Move On. Don't concentrate on any negatives.
MicheIangeIo
AG
I hate the old people
MicheIangeIo
AG
  • old people
  • the announcer sucks
  • bugle call
  • doing the yell after our defense gets merked
  • college games are 4 hours long
  • the corps smells like wet dog
  • i can't get more drunk
  • old people
  • there is no point in going to a game vs a non power 5 school
  • when everyone is super positive even after we get our **** kicked in "AT LEAST WE NEVER EVER QUIT AGS!!!"
  • standing on the student side
  • when people ***** when you leave early even tho the team never even showed up from the start
  • kanye
  • old people
  • olds
Wahoo82
AG
jja79 said:

Muzzle the PA announcer
Remove the ribbon boards
Never introduce another soul before or during the game
Keep Will Johnson off the big screen with highlights of games that ended 3 hours ago or on Thursday
Let the band play
Let the yell boys lead some yells
Fire Levy and get local vendors
Issue one parking permit (other than handicapped or special situations) and make it first come, first served

Nailed it. As a recent ex 25 year plus season ticket holder this covers most of it for us.
aggie_fan13
AG
jja79 said:

azulAg said:

Staying at home watching from couch and being able to flip to other games while enjoying the comforts of indoor AC and stocked beer just seems to outweigh everything

I haven't missed a game in 16 years. I can't imagine missing out on tailgating all day with good people, great food, cold beer and keeping an eye on the other games at the tailgate. The experience inside Kyle Field is no longer enjoyable for many of the reasons mentioned here, but the rest of the experience is far superior to sitting on your couch.
I can agree to that, tailgating is much more enjoyable than being in the stadium
Bucketrunner
11 am and 1 pm games in September
jja79
AG
Something has to be done. Even though UCLA and Tennessee were exciting it wasn't fun. Kyle Field is a beat down. Being at the game is the least enjoyable part of my football weekend.
aggie_fan13
AG
jja79 said:

Something has to be done. Even though UCLA and Tennessee were exciting it wasn't fun. Kyle Field is a beat down. Being at the game is the least enjoyable part of my football weekend.
personally I miss the old stadium, maybe it's just nostalgia but it just flowed better
RadAg14
AG
Jkirkp said:

The absolute worst thing is having to drink Pepsi products. Pepsi products are the root cause for most other problems. If you're drinking a coke, you're more energized and the carbonated perfection does wonders on the vocal cords which allows us to yell at decibels not achievable with Pepsi. Since you're more energized on coke you're standing more during the game and you don't care about your seat size. The yelling and standing will generate more victories and a better game atmosphere.

jja79
AG
Something had to be done with the stadium for sure. IMO the outcome is less than overwhelming. You've got 40,000 people sitting on benches in the end zones. If the goal was capacity they got it right. If it was the best stadium they missed the mark. My seats are in the All American Club but even it is less than it could be.

The real issue though is the gameday experience. The constant extraneous interference and annoyances drain the enthusiasm of the crowd, kill the flow of the game and overall isn't acceptable.
W
AG
I hate to say it, but as mentioned above...fair to wonder if Bugle Call has jumped the shark. It does the exact opposite of firing up the crowd at the end of the 1st quarter. Because the story tends to be a little sad usually.

maybe it needs to be moved to pregame. 30 or 40 minutes before kickoff
runontexas
AG
Sitting next to fats or drunks

The stench walking back. Always smells like fart.

runontexas
AG
Old Army (too quiet)

New Army (doesn't arrive until Q2, leaves at Q3)
jja79
AG
Bugle Call should go away or be right after the spirit. Never introduce anyone on the field during timeouts. Let the band play or do yells. If Evans or Miller are there cut to a shot of them between plays.

They have sucked all the life out of the crowd and all the fun out of going to the game.
peddler
AG
I hate that people at home sitting on their butts paying nothing get better replays than the folks like me paying big money to watch the game at Kyle.
aggie_fan13
AG
peddler said:

I hate that people at home sitting on their butts paying nothing get better replays than the folks like me paying big money to watch the game at Kyle.
insane , it's like you paid big money to go see a certain game and you're only getting replays or highlights of that said game
DGAG92
AG
It's A-G-G-I-E-S

Not A-G-G-I-E-SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
maxnow21
MicheIangeIo said:

• old people
  • the announcer sucks
  • bugle call
  • doing the yell after our defense gets merked
  • college games are 4 hours long
  • the corps smells like wet dog
  • i can't get more drunk
  • old people
  • there is no point in going to a game vs a non power 5 school
  • when everyone is super positive even after we get our **** kicked in "AT LEAST WE NEVER EVER QUIT AGS!!!"
  • standing on the student side
  • when people ***** when you leave early even tho the team never even showed up from the start
  • kanye
  • old people
  • olds

Nailed it
maxnow21
MicheIangeIo said:

I hate the old people

Everyone does. Gotta wait them out and get the right people in charge.
WILDMAN95
AG
BTHOB-98 said:

To me it's asking for the crowd noise. WHY!!!! Why are we asking. We used to be the most educated fan base. Why do we need to ask for anything. We will be loud and be loud constantly when we need to be. Stop asking.
I don't recall this ever happening.
schmellba99
AG
I only go to 1 or 2 games a year, so pretty limited complaints, but here they are:

1. Getting in the stadium sucks donkey balls. At least it did during the TN game - they had everybody routed through, over and around everything they could find on the SW entrance. Just stupid. The stadium should have been built so that entrance and exiting is pretty streamlined, but it seems that was completely forgotten about.

2. Bugle Call - slows the game down, needs to be done prior to the game.

3. Acoustics just suck. We could barely hear anything in the south zone upper deck. Some of the announcements listed above that try to create an atmosphere just dont' - let the game get played.

4. Ribbon boards/jumbotron/advertisements - not every damned thing in the world needs to be sponsored or advertised at 6 million watts of light.

5. Traffic after the game, but that's expected and not much can really be done about it. Small town, lots of people in a concentrated area.

6. Games take way the hell too long. Between commercial breaks, advertising breaks, Joe Bob from Class of '61 cut his toenails today awards, reviews that take forever (should be a 1 minute time limit on these things - if it's not clear after 1 minute of review, call on the field stands) and whatever else just add a lot of unecessary time to the game. With the OT's in the TN game, it was something like 5 or 6 hours long. Or it felt that way. Play the game and quit drawing the time out with fluff and fodder.

This doesn't have anything to do with the atmosphere really, just a personal observation, but the redesign of the field with the stands nearly up on the field and very little area outside of the playing surface makes everything seem really crowded. I don't like that, wish we still had the track and a little bit of room around the playing surface so that the game and field itself was the main focus and not all of the other circus goings on.
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
1. no escalators
2. it's hot and humid
3. losing at home consistently
4. the walk out after a loss
HartHall65
AG
Scratch the Monday morning production meeting. Seems all they do is keep their
job by being "Killers" of the Spirit.
Dr. Mike 69
AG
schmellba99 said:

I only go to 1 or 2 games a year, so pretty limited complaints, but here they are:

1. Getting in the stadium sucks donkey balls. At least it did during the TN game - they had everybody routed through, over and around everything they could find on the SW entrance. Just stupid. The stadium should have been built so that entrance and exiting is pretty streamlined, but it seems that was completely forgotten about.

2. Bugle Call - slows the game down, needs to be done prior to the game.

3. Acoustics just suck. We could barely hear anything in the south zone upper deck. Some of the announcements listed above that try to create an atmosphere just dont' - let the game get played.

4. Ribbon boards/jumbotron/advertisements - not every damned thing in the world needs to be sponsored or advertised at 6 million watts of light.

5. Traffic after the game, but that's expected and not much can really be done about it. Small town, lots of people in a concentrated area.

6. Games take way the hell too long. Between commercial breaks, advertising breaks, Joe Bob from Class of '61 cut his toenails today awards, reviews that take forever (should be a 1 minute time limit on these things - if it's not clear after 1 minute of review, call on the field stands) and whatever else just add a lot of unecessary time to the game. With the OT's in the TN game, it was something like 5 or 6 hours long. Or it felt that way. Play the game and quit drawing the time out with fluff and fodder.

This doesn't have anything to do with the atmosphere really, just a personal observation, but the redesign of the field with the stands nearly up on the field and very little area outside of the playing surface makes everything seem really crowded. I don't like that, wish we still had the track and a little bit of room around the playing surface so that the game and field itself was the main focus and not all of the other circus goings on.

As for other comments regarding old people . . . up yours. I resemble that remark.

And, as for one thing I'd change if I could, tell the Yell boys that there are other yells besides Beat the Hell Outta (fill in the blank.) I swear if we do it once, we do it fifty times a game. Even when we're down 50 points to LSU or Bama, we keep yelling Beat the Hell Outta _______ . Give it a friggin' rest. While I'm at it, our yells used to sound awesome. They made a loud intimidating statement. For example, Farmers Fight. It used to be FARMERS FIGHT! The stadium rocked. Now it's farmers fight????? Farmers fight????? It's like we're timidly asking permission to say the yell. AGGIES is another one. It used to be emphatic like a bass drum. Now it's a meek question with almost an apology at the end.

But, the post above cracks me up, especially #1.
dixichkn
AG
Quote:

Joe Bob from Class of '61 cut his toenails today awards
Shooz in Katy
AG
September heat.

But it's the price you have to pay to see an Aggie win at home. Those wins tend to vanish in October and November.
AggieTFA06
AG
1. getting in

2. losing

3. rain
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
Sgt. Schultz
AG
chase128 said:

Cheaper concessions and water.
The scripted atmosphere is awful. Too many commercials and not enough yells from the yell leaders.
this!!!!!!!
94chem
Games against junior colleges, scrubs, and mental institutions don't count in the conference standings any more.
alamoaggie 64
Too big, needs to be about 60,000.
maxnow21
The game
KidDoc
AG
I agree with what others have mentioned about awards and other breaks in the experience but I honestly think if the team is playing well and showing good effort the crowd responds. The most recent example of that is the Tennessee game this year, that was an amazing game to see live.

I go to every game and have since 2012 or so, I love the gameday experience here overall. I do live in town though so I don't have to worry about commuting or hotels.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
cdowl38
AG
losing

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.