Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,166,854 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Field prep going full steam. Pipe trenches and what is that powdery substance they are using to cover the field?
ftworthag02
AG
Lime
oldarmy1
AG
You put the Lime in the coconut AND on Kyle Field?!
BayAg14
It is used to dry out the dirt. You can see the machine mixing it in on the cams right now.
ComfortAg
AG
quote:
It is used to stabilize the soil. You can see the machine mixing it in on the cams right now.

Esteban du Plantier
AG
People who use the word 'dirt' should all DIAF!
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
she is beautiful
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
"Dirt" is a 4 letter word.
BayAg14
quote:

[This message has been edited by BayAg14 (edited 7/7/2014 1:43p).]
Post removed:
by user
ProudAg16
AG
That's an awesome shot, dlance!!
95_Aggie
AG
Why did they chop off the corners when they built the original Zone? Was it a sightlines issue?
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
quote:
Why did they chop off the corners when they built the original Zone? Was it a sightlines issue?

I've asked this question so any times...I still don't know...
rcb05
AG
I've heard previously that because of the way supports would have to be built, it became cost-prohibitive to keep the corners. But that's just based on Texags hearsay.
bebopag1
Ask bop why the TRADITIONAL original Reveille mascot gravesite was 1997 removed (and central tunnel destroyed) due to 12th Man Assoc. neglect, non-Aggie architect salesmanship...and greed.

NOW, will the north facades' cute littl' electronic scoreboard vanish at new Kyle ?

Ah Pity !
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
quote:
Ask bop why the TRADITIONAL original Reveille mascot gravesite was 1997 removed (and central tunnel destroyed) due to 12th Man Assoc. neglect, non-Aggie architect salesmanship...and greed.

NOW, will the north facades' cute littl' electronic scoreboard vanish at new Kyle ?

Ah Pity !

Let it go sunshine...
NightHawk150
AG
I always hated the that dog. I went out of my way to avoid her so that I didn't have to whip out to her...

Nevermind the fact that a dog outranked me for four years... > _>
AgsWin2011
AG
I'm sure this has been discussed but why is there such a huge gap at the southeast corner? It seems they could have had hundreds of more seats. Sorry in advance for Germans.

bebopag1
T.C.U. banned Reveille from Amon Carter Stadium AFTER...Rev "nipped at the leg" of a TCU male cheerleader.
Think they were pissed since pants leg was only slightly torn.

Lopper...gotta make room for return of the 100' Lt. Blocker Memorial flag poles.

[This message has been edited by bebopag1 (edited 7/8/2014 11:14a).]
chipotle
quote:
I'm sure this has been discussed but why is there such a huge gap at the southeast corner? It seems they could have had hundreds of more seats. Sorry in advance for Germans.

because it would have made things more asymmetrical
95_Aggie
AG
quote:

let's hope so ...
duffelpud
AG
Memorial.

Fitch
AG
An extension of the existing east decks to the south would have force the entire deck to come into modern code compliance. It would have ended up reducing seating by about 4,000 seats.

And look at that, the flag poles made it in. Surprise surprise.....
Mr.KyleReed
AG
So many cranes on the East side.
agnerd
AG
quote:
I've heard previously that because of the way supports would have to be built, it became cost-prohibitive to keep the corners.

It was a combination of structural and economic reasons. Go to google maps and look at the zone from stright overhead. It pretty much has a rectangular shape. The supports that hold it up all serve a dual purpose by holding up the ramps, suites, zone club, etc that are located under the seats. The ramps stick out past the seating footprint but do not require any additional supports. To NOT chop of the corners of the zone, you would have to build additional supports from the ground to almost the top of the zone ($$$) to add seats that won't fetch a good price when compared to the cost to build them. If you don't have a good and profitable use for the enlarged footprint below those seats, it doesn't make economic sense to build them.

Since the new zone is made of steel, you can cantilever the stands out from the central supports without adding very tall and expensive ones that concrete construction would require. And since they had to cantilever over the football facility anyway, might as well cantilever the corners too.

edit: East support to extend the zone seats would've gone through the roof of G Rollie, too, making it even more cost prohibitive.

[This message has been edited by agnerd (edited 7/8/2014 12:01p).]
Ian Neff
AG
It's for ventilation.
bgrimm05
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
That video board

I still can't quite grasp the size of the video borad. I know it's not but it looks small. I could be because of the size of the SEZ.

Have you not seen the live shot from The Zone with workers walking back and forth on the video board framework? They look really small.

The board is six stories tall. SIX STORIES. Let that sink in...

More like 4, but yeah, it's huge.

[This message has been edited by ABATTBQ11 (edited 7/6/2014 4:41p).]

Well, the structure for it has 6 levels in the center, and i seem to remember one pic with workers that looked like each level was over twice as tall as the people. But if it's "only" 47' tall, then yeah that's really like 3-4 stories.

[This message has been edited by Bgrimm05 (edited 7/8/2014 2:14p).]
Fitch
AG
The screen is 47' but the structure extends above just the screen. Top to bottom, there's a video board structure that's 6 stories above the stands.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I thought we were talking just the board. Fitch, any idea what is going on top? More panels, or just scoreboard, or letters? Maybe a big "KYLE FIELD"?
rally-cap
AG
quote:
I thought we were talking just the board. Fitch, any idea what is going on top? More panels, or just scoreboard, or letters? Maybe a big "KYLE FIELD"?

Kyle Field sign

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics33/800/BB/BBBKCHGVDHLISZF.20140224134731.jpg

[This message has been edited by Big_E_Ag (edited 7/8/2014 2:37p).]
ABATTBQ11
AG

Thanks

[This message has been edited by ABATTBQ11 (edited 7/8/2014 2:38p).]
bebopag1
bop sez perfect spot for a huge hot tub.

(Don't laugh. Mid 90's, minor league bb team in Tyler, Tx had hot tubs along left and right outfield base lines.)
JimBREAUX Fisher
AG
quote:
Don't laugh

Too late.
JCOnTheMic
AG
quote:
(Don't laugh. Mid 90's, minor league bb team in Tyler, Tx had hot tubs along left and right outfield base lines.)

You wouldn't happen to be talking about those famous Tyler Wildcatters, would you?
rally-cap
AG
Looks like all the screen panels are in place on the SEZ board
First Page Last Page
Page 43 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.