Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,166,849 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
jbeaman88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That video board
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still can't quite grasp the size of the video borad. I know it's not but it looks small. I could be because of the size of the SEZ.

Imagine a 50 yard wide 5 story building you might drive by. Then place the face of that building up on top of the SEZ. That's what gives it perspective for me.
Fitch
AG
Perspective.

phatpat21
I'm not worried about the stadium it's self
I'm more worried about the actual field
When will that be layed?
SA-AG72
AG
JFF promised to lay it when he's back in town.
12thmanfootball
AG
The field will get laid the 1st week in August, you, my friend, are looking at a much longer timetable.
phatpat21
I just didn't know what the backup plan was incase the turf isn't ready sept 6
OneGood2011Ag
AG
quote:
Imagine a 50 yard wide 5 story building you might drive by. Then place the face of that building up on top of the SEZ. That's what gives it perspective for me.

AGLS - building across from Reed Arena - with approximate size of video board shown in maroon:
KilleenAg
AG
quote:
quote:

AGLS - building across from Reed Arena - with approximate size of video board shown in maroon:

Really puts some perspective on it!!
turboboost
AG
Why in the heck is everyone in competition with us?! Now Oklafoama has plans on an 8000+ sq foot video board!
SA-AG72
AG
Jerrah set the bar for video boards.
hunter2012
AG
Here's some perspective shots from today...

Welborn and G.Bush, I'm sure everyone's familiar with this intersection...

G Bush near Coke

8T2
An American football field is 160 feet wide. This video board is 163 feet wide by 47 feet tall. So, it would stretch sideline to sideline and from the goal line to the 16 yard line.

[This message has been edited by 8T2 (edited 7/4/2014 1:01p).]
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
An American football field is 160 feet wide. This video board is 166 feet wide by 47 feet tall. So, it would stretch sideline to sideline and from the goal line to the 15 yard line.

Somebody Photoshop that scenario and post for posterity
bgrimm05
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
That video board

I still can't quite grasp the size of the video borad. I know it's not but it looks small. I could be because of the size of the SEZ.

Have you not seen the live shot from The Zone with workers walking back and forth on the video board framework? They look really small.

The board is six stories tall. SIX STORIES. Let that sink in...
PharmD4
AG
Taken today...

AgsWin2011
AG
Man I cannot wait to go to a game this year! I wish I could move back to CS but my line of work requires being in a metro area.
AGinHI
AG
add a lower case "l" before .jpg and you get:

ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
That video board

Have you not seen the live shot from The Zone with workers walking back and forth on the video board framework? They look really small.

The board is six stories tall. SIX STORIES. Let that sink in...

More like 4, but yeah, it's huge.

[This message has been edited by ABATTBQ11 (edited 7/6/2014 4:41p).]
12thGauge
Cool
McGibblets
AG
Drove up from Houston today to get a few quick pictures. A few thoughts:
1) EKG statue is going to be massive. Those 3 rings, which is what the statue will be standing on, are between 5 1/2 to 6 feet tall, without the statue.
2) Does anyone know what the plan is for 2014 in terms of speakers for the west side? Previously, all the speakers were in the video board at the south end. The east side already has the speakers up, and the north and south sides can have speakers added since there won't be torn down after this season.
3) Will the south towers have stairs? I could see that the north tower definitely has stairs in it, but it appeared bothof the south towers only had ramps
4) I'm not sure if the south west tower will be complete by the beginning of the season. I don't know if it is supposed to be done by then or not though. They just started the facade, and they're still working on the other two towers as well. I believe the north east tower was one of the very first things they started, and they're still working on it
5) I'm sick of the offseason, let's play some football

Fitch
AG
Great pics.

Speakers won't be in use for 2014.
outofstateaggie
AG
Anyone have any updated renderings that show how this area on the east side is going to turn out?

Fitch
AG
outofstateaggie, no renderings but these pics from Scotch ad AggieRojo I think will answer your question.

WhiteYaloo
outofstateaggie
AG
Thanks Fitch!
rally-cap
ProudAg16
AG
Fitch, what speakers won't be in use this year? The new ones on the press box? What will be used?
ProudAg16
AG
Also, I agree with McGibblets. I don't think the south west tower will be finished by the start of the season. Long way to go to get that one done based on what I've seen from the work on the other two towers.
Aggie Infantry
AG

Will there be a facade on this side or will it be exposed as is?
chipotle
I think the panels will be up, but the rest of the press on architecture won't be finished. But they should have the railings, emergency lighting and all the rest of the stuff needed for occupancy ready.
Fitch
AG
The new speaker system (including those installed in the new eastern canopy) won't be be operational this season.

As for the SW tower, the brick facade is going up now and will probably be expedited with crews rolling off other tasks. The two southern towers will go faster than the NE tower, which had some unique features given that it connects two existing structures and isn't just ramps on the inside...
ProudAg16
Kramer
AG
Are the towers not going to have windows? Just open air?
McGibblets
AG
So no sound at all this season? I can't imagine this would be the case, because sponsors wouldn't be happy about it
McGibblets
AG
And correct, towers will not have windows
First Page Last Page
Page 42 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.