Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,166,842 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
BostonAg74
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
And if there is an emergency forget about trying to get people out quickly.

Just eyeballing it, the distance from the vomitory to the top row of the current east side deck is roughly the same number of rows as it is for the third deck in the south end zone to the nearest opening.

In short, you're wrong. Again.
Fitch
AG
RE: the budget. Another item is the massive number of student tickets. There were serious discussions to reduce the student allotment or else move the students to less desirable seating to open up the premium seating for ticket sales.

The students, and frankly all of us that appreciate the uniqueness of the 12th Man on game days, should thank their lucky stars that there were people to argue the counterpoint and that the east side should remain the home of the 12th man.

As it stands, the students are shouldering a sizable mandatory student fee increase to just pay for the new amenities on the east side, let alone a complete tear down and rebuild of the decks. The financial discussions on student tickets are already centered around if the face value of a sports pass is pricing them out affordability.

At the end of the day it's either keep the student experience as it has been (on the east side) or move them and eliminate one of the central game day elements and possibly risk of losing their attendance (just like what Michigan is dealing with) and then worrying if those current students will become season ticket holders.

Basically, if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Dinger
The students are not paying anything additionally this year.

http://m.theeagle.com/news/local/students-not-feeling-the-financial-pain-of-kyle-field-renovation/article_d9ad9d40-2c39-57e3-8fd4-1b0e37879a41.html?mode=jqm
Reginald Cousins
S
Audi.
McGibblets
AG
Not my picture, but here's a shot of the video board going up

Ian Neff
AG
I haven't thanked you lately, McG.

Thank you.
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
I agree. I think this is a waste of money for the amount we are spending. That sez is rediculous. Have fun climbing up that in 100 degree weather it's like mt everest. And if there is an emergency forget about trying to get people out quickly. You won't ever catch me up there, I see lots of problems

This can be said about a lot of stadiums in this country, yet people still go to the games. I'll gladly take your spot.
tbirdspur2010
AG
What bba said
Ian Neff
AG
Base jump chute. Problem solved. Whiner.
ProudAg16
AG
WE NEED MOAR PICTURES
StorminAg
AG
That video board
anaggieshusband
I hope they use an HDmi cable on the TV, Otherwise it wont be HD, and That would be a major black eye on the Whole TAMU System
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I find it strange that Sam Torn lied to all the big donor Aggies at the Ambassador meetings in 2013 and 2014 about every point you made here. He said the exact opposite of this.

quote:
RE: the budget. Another item is the massive number of student tickets. There were serious discussions to reduce the student allotment or else move the students to less desirable seating to open up the premium seating for ticket sales.

The students, and frankly all of us that appreciate the uniqueness of the 12th Man on game days, should thank their lucky stars that there were people to argue the counterpoint and that the east side should remain the home of the 12th man.

As it stands, the students are shouldering a sizable mandatory student fee increase to just pay for the new amenities on the east side, let alone a complete tear down and rebuild of the decks. The financial discussions on student tickets are already centered around if the face value of a sports pass is pricing them out affordability.

At the end of the day it's either keep the student experience as it has been (on the east side) or move them and eliminate one of the central game day elements and possibly risk of losing their attendance (just like what Michigan is dealing with) and then worrying if those current students will become season ticket holders.

Basically, if it ain't broke don't fix it.
NightHawk150
AG
quote:
That video board

I still can't quite grasp the size of the video borad. I know it's not but it looks small. I could be because of the size of the SEZ.
chipotle
quote:
I hope they use an HDmi cable on the TV, Otherwise it wont be HD, and That would be a major black eye on the Whole TAMU System

That's gonna be one expensive Monster cable.
NightHawk150
AG
quote:
quote:

That's gonna be one expensive Monster cable

Nah bruh, they be using the cheap New Egg cables. Cost cutting ya no?
bert harbinson
AG
quote:
quote:
That video board

I still can't quite grasp the size of the video borad. I know it's not but it looks small. I could be because of the size of the SEZ.

Have you not seen the live shot from The Zone with workers walking back and forth on the video board framework? They look really small.
a1pilot
AG
Just be sure and tell me where the HDMI cable will be so I can plug my laptop in
Fitch
AG
So..... back in the day Hotard would stick a projector out of the window, shining it on the white brick of Neeley for a screen. Neeley has stacked windows, and a wide space between them, so the Hilton boys would watch movies, and pron, and play video games on the side of Neeley.

When the Neeley ladies, classy dames that they were, figured this out...every time the Pong ball bounced to one side of the board (one column of windows or the other) the Neeley girls would pop their tops and give Hotard a show.

So if somebody ain't playing video games on that GD bigass video board, I'm sorry, I've just lost faith in New Army.
jokershady
AG
Fitch, you lived in Hotard?
ConfidentAg
AG
Wtf
Hammerbrau
AG
The video board is substantially bigger than Godzillatron in Austin. Be at peace, everyone.
OneGood2011Ag
AG
quote:
The video board is substantially bigger than Godzillatron in Austin. Be at peace, everyone.

It's 291 square feet larger. That's something like 3% larger.
txaggies07
AG
I just hope they don't leave ads up there constantly like tu. I am fine with flashing a full screen ad before a replay or something. tu might as well have built a smaller screen because the ads might as well be permanent fixtures with how they operate theirs.
Sex Panther
AG
DKR's is embarrassing. It looks like a minor league baseball outfield in the 1980's.
a1pilot
AG
Maybe I'm a small number here who remembered it as "War Memorial Stadium" instead of DKR Stadium. Sure liked the earlier name better.
duffelpud
AG
quote:
It's 291 square feet larger. That's something like 3% larger.

It's one more.

AGAZ03
AG
Yeah but we'll keep it at 10 and when we need that extra umpf we'll crank it to 11!

redd38
AG
quote:
I just hope they don't leave ads up there constantly like tu. I am fine with flashing a full screen ad before a replay or something. tu might as well have built a smaller screen because the ads might as well be permanent fixtures with how they operate theirs.

I'm pretty sure we're going to have ads up all the time on the sides.
chipotle
quote:

The right stuff the low price...everday...Academy.
duffelpud
AG

edited for a double dose of full release stupidity

[This message has been edited by duffelpud (edited 7/3/2014 3:06p).]
KilleenAg
AG
quote:

Where is the ad for Brawndo? It's the thirst mutilator... And it's got electrolytes. It's what plants crave!!!

Edit: Tiny ad in bottom right corner... All is well again!

[This message has been edited by KilleenAg (edited 7/3/2014 3:08p).]
McGibblets
AG
Kyle field project manager has announced they're on track to be ready in time for our first home game
AGAZ03
AG
They better be or there will be black eyes!
anaggieshusband
Hopefully, Hurricane Kyle doesn't cause a delay in September
First Page Last Page
Page 41 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.