Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,166,866 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All hail the great Spirit Killer! Hail!

agmrpink
AG
Heil!

bgrimm05
AG
Does anyone know if any pictures have been leaked of the inside of the concourses, concessions, etc?

Also, McGibblets, where you at bud? You're not helping my addiction of looking at Kyle pics...
bgrimm05
AG
DP

[This message has been edited by bgrimm05 (edited 7/10/2014 9:43a).]
McGibblets
AG
quote:
Does anyone know if any pictures have been leaked of the inside of the concourses, concessions, etc?

Also, McGibblets, where you at bud? You're not helping my addiction of looking at Kyle pics...

I don't think there's been hardly anything done on the inside of the east side yet. I believe they're just preparing to start now. Also, I posted some pictures Sunday, in case you didn't see those. I need to be up in CS tonight, so there's a possibility I might be able to get some tonight, but I don't think I'll have any spare time until it's already dark
agregg07
AG
Serious question...

Will the 2nd and 3rd decks of the student section be torn down after this season and rebuilt to match up with the north and south zones? Right now, it's an eyesore how they don't match up, at least to me it is (insert black eye for administration/contractor/Kyle Field).
Aggie_Journalist
AG
^nope
Brakeman
It looks rickity. Will it hold?
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
Serious question...

Will the 2nd and 3rd decks of the student section be torn down after this season and rebuilt to match up with the north and south zones? Right now, it's an eyesore how they don't match up, at least to me it is (insert black eye for administration/contractor/Kyle Field).

You won't notice when the stadium is full
McGibblets
AG
quote:

Nope. It's gonna fall over
yeahtoast
AG
I probably missed it in this thread, but I'm still curious; are the Zone ramps going to stay intact or be completely closed in?

vs.

ProudAg16
AG
They're going to be closed in. You can see how on the lower picture you posted.
yeahtoast
AG
quote:
They're going to be closed in. You can see how on the lower picture you posted.

Excellent, seemed scaled down in the drawing but I figured it was just perspective. Thank you, sir.
chipotle
How would they vent the enclosed ramps? Mech. $y$tem$?
yeahtoast
AG
No vents. We need to condition the 12th man olds (myself included) so they can be called upon to pass rush in the 4th.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
so next offseason when they redo the west side, they're going to tear down, start from scratch right? So basically it'll be like the South endzone, erector set style?
Tree Hugger
AG
Yeppers
Fitch
AG
You boys need to watch the cams a little better. The KYLE FIELD letters are going up, and btw they light up...

leoj
AG
what are they doing on the 2nd deck east side, removing bleachers? also what are those two sets of stands there for?
StorminAg
AG
quote:
1aggie02
AG
quote:
quote:

I heard the letters are not even tornado rated.
ILuvAgLand
quote:

I thought the same thing. Looks like someone made it with an erector set. For the amount we are spending I expected better. Should of just started from scratch
Fitch
AG
Lol, have any of y'all been there to see it yet? The tiny pictures on your computer screen in no way capture the enormity of the stadium or the supports. Just wait till the season, go down and see it, and be amazed.

Rickity my ass.

McGibblets
AG
quote:
Lol, have any of y'all been there to see it yet? The tiny pictures on your computer screen in no way capture the enormity of the stadium or the supports. Just wait till the season, go down and see it, and be amazed.

Rickity my ass.

That's actually a good point. Every time I see people saying it doesn't look sturdy, or something of that nature, I laugh about it. I guess I'm over there all the time and realize that there's no way in hell that thing is ever coming down
OneGood2011Ag
AG
Some of y'all need to look back through the pictures and realize that the "rickety" supports you see are pieces of steel that a grown man can fit inside.

[This message has been edited by GranMaq11 (edited 7/11/2014 8:54a).]
chipotle
I'm just glad my tickets aren't under the new jumbotron. That thing looks like it might get blown over at any minute. No swaying people. No swaying.
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
quote:

I thought the same thing. Looks like someone made it with an erector set. For the amount we are spending I expected better. Should of just started from scratch

Just....quit. stop. Just stop it. It's insufferable. This is not the only stadium that uses steel as supports for its structure. Have you seen the supports that were already there under the decks on the east and west side? You can't be serious, this has to be a troll. You trollin? I really find it hard to believe that you don't think it has structural integrity. What would have been different had we started from scratch? You do realize the south endzone was started from scratch right? It would likely look very much the same from a structure standpoint. You ever been in a 10 story building? Ever ridden a rollercoaster? Ever been on an overpass or a tall bridge? Are you afraid to leave the house? Do you have a house or an apartment? Have you seen one of those being built? Come on man
Bonfire96
AG
quote:
Some of y'all need to look back through the pictures and realize that the "rickety" supports you see are pieces of steel that a grown man can fit inside.

Clearly, that picture shows the structure is supported by duct tape!
ILuvAgLand
I'm saying we should have just built a new stadium and not bothered trying to fix up this one. I'm sorry, but the whole thing looks terrible. I know it will look better once it's finished, but we should have just started fresh with the amount we spent. Who wants to sit up high in the end zones? The zone was bad enough, now we took it up a notch. I know there is a sense to sentimentality with Kyle, but I'm just being a realist. Sorry, the truth hurts. Anyways, that my 2cents for what it's worth

As far as structural integrity- it just doesn't pass the eyeball test with me. I'm sure it's fine and the the calculations and **** check out, but it just doesn't seem right

Anyhow just my opinion
chipotle
quote:
As far as structural integrity- it just doesn't pass the eyeball test with me. I'm sure it's fine and the the calculations and **** check out, but it just doesn't seem right

Anyhow just my opinion

St Hedwig Aggie
AG
the truth apparently only hurts you and a few other drama queens...your feelings on the project are IRRELEVANT as this is how Kyle will be for another century...you'll be long dead when the next big event happens (sans a few small projects)

as far as passing the "eye ball test"...do you realize how stupid that sounds??? You looked on KF.com and made a structural determination....!!!
RingOfive
AG
quote:
I'm saying we should have just built a new stadium and not bothered trying to fix up this one. I'm sorry, but the whole thing looks terrible. I know it will look better once it's finished, but we should have just started fresh with the amount we spent. Who wants to sit up high in the end zones? The zone was bad enough, now we took it up a notch. I know there is a sense to sentimentality with Kyle, but I'm just being a realist. Sorry, the truth hurts. Anyways, that my 2cents for what it's worth

Anyhow just my opinion

Moronic POTD
BayAg14
Quit feeding the troll.
Mr.KyleReed
AG
quote:
Who wants to sit up high in the end zones? The zone was bad enough, now we took it up a notch.

so you want no end zone seats?
YZ250
West Point Aggie sure can’t handle a difference in opinion.

quote:
as far as passing the "eye ball test"...do you realize how stupid that sounds???

Things are redesigned all the time just because they don’t look right or safe despite the numbers being good.
First Page Last Page
Page 44 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.