Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,166,870 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Fitch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I'm saying we should have just built a new stadium and not bothered trying to fix up this one. I'm sorry, but the whole thing looks terrible. I know it will look better once it's finished, but we should have just started fresh with the amount we spent. Who wants to sit up high in the end zones? The zone was bad enough, now we took it up a notch. I know there is a sense to sentimentality with Kyle, but I'm just being a realist. Sorry, the truth hurts. Anyways, that my 2cents for what it's worth

As far as structural integrity- it just doesn't pass the eyeball test with me. I'm sure it's fine and the the calculations and **** check out, but it just doesn't seem right

Anyhow just my opinion

Sorry you feel that way. I see a beautiful stadium that realistically added over 60,000 seats considering those torn down and added, all done without interruption to our seasons and an array of amenities not seen anywhere else in college athletics. It’s a little lopsided now, and the reality of modern compliances and financing is what’s driving that, but there’s no place on campus that could better fit our stadium. Judge the product in 14 months, not as it’s wrapping up the more complex of two phases.

I love the fact that the student section was pretty much untouched, even if it creates an asymmetry. Its unique in all of sports and is what we’re building our entire branding platform around, so the fact that it’s a little weird when viewed from one end of the stadium doesn’t get me at all (and you really only notice it from the southern half of the west side, for the record.

And for the record, they’ve reinforced the ever living hell out of the thing. It’s going nowhere.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
quote:
West Point Aggie sure can’t handle a difference in opinion.

No, I can't handle moronic, ill-informed commentary based on the web cam views from an end zone away from someone who has ABSOLUTELY no idea what the mechanics and engineering specifics of this project are. This was not a difference of opinion, it was a dumb "eye-ball" test commentary worthy of mockery...like yours!
YZ250
Yep. I was right.
Ian Neff
AG
"Doesn't pass the eyeball test"

My new favorite most absurd thing ever said on Texags.

And Blue Star for BBA.
Turkey 87
AG
If you have a bunch of black eyes, it is difficult to pass the eyeball test....
BostonAg74
I'm having a hard time convincing myself that ILuvAgLand is not 100% troll. And if I'm right, congrats to him. Every time he puts his line in the water, he gets a bite. There was a time when my percentage was almost that good, but I've become less playful in my old age.
chipotle
Doesn't pass the black eyeball test. Gnome sayin?
New Boot Goofin
AG
quote:
Lol, have any of y'all been there to see it yet? The tiny pictures on your computer screen in no way capture the enormity of the stadium or the supports. Just wait till the season, go down and see it, and be amazed.

Rickity my ass.

This

[This message has been edited by 04txag007 (edited 7/11/2014 12:00p).]
ILuvAgLand
quote:
quote:
I'm saying we should have just built a new stadium and not bothered trying to fix up this one. I'm sorry, but the whole thing looks terrible. I know it will look better once it's finished, but we should have just started fresh with the amount we spent. Who wants to sit up high in the end zones? The zone was bad enough, now we took it up a notch. I know there is a sense to sentimentality with Kyle, but I'm just being a realist. Sorry, the truth hurts. Anyways, that my 2cents for what it's worth

As far as structural integrity- it just doesn't pass the eyeball test with me. I'm sure it's fine and the the calculations and **** check out, but it just doesn't seem right

Anyhow just my opinion

Sorry you feel that way. I see a beautiful stadium that realistically added over 60,000 seats considering those torn down and added, all done without interruption to our seasons and an array of amenities not seen anywhere else in college athletics. It’s a little lopsided now, and the reality of modern compliances and financing is what’s driving that, but there’s no place on campus that could better fit our stadium. Judge the product in 14 months, not as it’s wrapping up the more complex of two phases.

I love the fact that the student section was pretty much untouched, even if it creates an asymmetry. Its unique in all of sports and is what we’re building our entire branding platform around, so the fact that it’s a little weird when viewed from one end of the stadium doesn’t get me at all (and you really only notice it from the southern half of the west side, for the record.

And for the record, they’ve reinforced the ever living hell out of the thing. It’s going nowhere.

Good post. We each have different viewpoints and clearly I'm in the minority here. So I'm bowing out, I realize this is a bad thread to be derailing since this is focused on enjoying the updates.
Besides now that lebron has made his decision I need to go focus on the Rockets
ILuvAgLand
One last question- does anyone know what breakdown on sideline vs end zone seats will be? Like 70k side and 40 k end
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
Things are redesigned all the time just because they don’t look right or safe despite the numbers being good.

Maybe with boobs, but you guys are crazy if you think that we are building some kind of leaning tower of piza.

100k+ seat, 500 million dollar stadium, 3rd largest in the country, and you numb nuts find stuff like this to bech about
YZ250
You're reading comprehension is poor. I am not questioning the structural integrity.
JimBREAUX Fisher
AG
Dear God.... The idiotic statements coming from some of you dumb f***s are astounding.

How the hell did y'all attend this university?

[This message has been edited by Beau DaReaux (edited 7/12/2014 5:50p).]
KilleenAg
AG
quote:
Dear God.... The idiotic statements coming from some of you dumb f***s is astounding.

bigblackag12
AG
link to album

I'm sure scotch wont mind me dropping this off here
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
I'm having a hard time convincing myself that ILuvAgLand is not 100% troll.

Don't even try. Dude is a troll.
DartAg1970
AG
I am honestly surprised I have not seen anyone bring up a very important detail in my opinion. Maybe someone has, I will admit I have not read every post.

However, for those of you getting bent out of shape over how it is looking right now, I wholeheartedly agree with those who say wait till it is 100% finished. Although some of you still have the belief that it will look bad because it is not uniform and then there are the complaints about how the student section concrete is darker, do they plan on cleaning it.

A. I am sure they will power wash as much as possible, but here is the more important detail.

WHEN THE STADIUM IS FULL OF PEOPLE YOU WONT SEE THE STUPID CONCRETE!!!

All you will see is 100,000 people in maroon yelling there butts off. You won't be looking at how the stadium is a little asymetrical or whether the freaking tunnels are centered. You'll be watching an exating brand of football and marveling at the sheer enormity of the stadium and the loudness the 12th man can produce.

Stop getting bent out of shape over minor details that no one will notice on gameday.
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:

Anyhow just my opinion

There are people in this world who should not be allowed to have opinions. You are one of them.
Fitch
AG
I realize this is the zoo and all but there's really no need to be a dick on a thread about stadium construction.
SA-AG72
AG
Fitch, why would you expect the zoo to deviate from the norm?
YellowPot_97
AG
what is it about TA that brings out the dumb in people? do you idiots really think they just slapped up some scaffolding and put some benches on it? said, "**** it. It'll hold"? just stop.
Fitch
AG
It's par for this forum I guess. I just don't get Ags being jackasses to other Ags. Nowhere near the asinine idiocy that is the shag, but still tiresome.

FWIW, the other forums conduct themselves pretty well and attacking a poster needlessly will get your stars stripped PDQ.
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
FWIW, the other forums conduct themselves pretty well and attacking a poster needlessly

Clearly you don't spend much time on the Politics board.
KilleenAg
AG
quote:
quote:
FWIW, the other forums conduct themselves pretty well and attacking a poster needlessly

Clearly you don't spend much time on the Politics board.

95_Aggie
AG
quote:
FWIW, the other forums conduct themselves pretty well and attacking a poster needlessly will get your stars stripped PDQ.

You've clearly never read techno-ag.
fooz
quote:

Anyhow just my opinion

Obvious troll is obvious.
JustisWalkert
AG
The south zone will most certainly collapse. I read it on Sh****.
txag2008
AG
Just met a guy in the Austin airport. He was wearing a Kyle Field redevelopment shirt. I struck up a conversation with him and he said he's a union iron worker on the project.

He said there were 900 people on the day shift and anywhere from 600-800 on the night shift. He also mentioned that the rumour around the job site today was that A&M was going to be giving the workers 2 tickets for the first game as an incentive to get everything done on time. (Who knows if this is true or not)
Ian Neff
AG
That's like 28,000 tickets
AgsMyDude
AG
quote:
Dear God.... The idiotic statements coming from some of you dumb f***s is astounding.

Yes, those statements is astounding
BayAg14
Can someone post/find the picture of our screen being compared to others? I know it had TX ST, Baylor, Tech, Tennessee/SC and others on it.
Ag8086
AG
The stadium is outstanding. Not a boring cookie cutter. All but 20,00 seats will be relatively new. Some out there would never be satisfied no mater what it turns out to be.
Fitch
AG
We rebuilt 1/3 of the east side, a whole new south end zone, we're blowing up and totally rebuilding the west side, and adding rows to the north. Plus new concourses, plus new corner towers, plus two new canopies, plus a new video board, plus a whole slew of amenities that we won't see until 2015 that will blow your socks off.

It's money well spent, given the time frame that we demanded.
shano0603
AG
ELE
Bullmoose
AG
If A&M had some cheerleaders it would distract people from the unfinished stadium this year.
First Page Last Page
Page 45 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.