Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,166,832 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
junkless
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:

I recall someone saying that there would be a gap in the Southwest corner for cranes to get out.

Did you happen to see this gap? Hard to see on construction cams, I can kinda see it in your photos.

If the gap isn't there I can see them easily breaking the cranes down inside and hauling off the "booms" through the tunnels but the base with all the tracks would have to be craned out, I would think. Should be interesting to watch.

The cranes were trucked in in pieces and assembled on the field. They will certainly be dismantled again and trucked back out in pieces. The body of the largest crane did come in on a large truck with a low clearance trailer that looks like it will be a tight fit, but I'm betting they made sure it would fit through the tunnel. Which is likely why they haven't finished building out the SW tunnel completely... leaving a little extra clearance.
bigblackag12
AG
Junkless, thanks for your insight. Glad you created an account
junkless
Thank you for the nice welcome bigblackag12... I must disclose that I'm a burnt orange kinda guy at heart, but in the end I'm a fan of all Texas schools... I hope I'm still welcome despite my poor taste in school colors.

I've really enjoyed following the first phase of Kyle fields renovation and reading the two threads here. I finally decided to register so I could join the discussion if I had something relevant to add.

You Aggies are going to have the nicest stadium in Texas when this project is finished. You guys/gals should be understandably proud of this project. I've certainly enjoyed reading the discussions here.

Also, a special thanks to Scotchtx and McGibblets for all their photographic efforts. Their pictures have really brought the details of the new Kyle field to life for construction voyeurs like myself.

Reginald Cousins
S
quote:
Thank you for the nice welcome bigblackag12... I must disclose that I'm a burnt orange kinda guy at heart, but in the end I'm a fan of all Texas schools... I hope I'm still welcome despite my poor taste in school colors.

I've really enjoyed following the first phase of Kyle fields renovation and reading the two threads here. I finally decided to register so I could join the discussion if I had something relevant to add.

You Aggies are going to have the nicest stadium in Texas when this project is finished. You guys/gals should be understandably proud of this project. I've certainly enjoyed reading the discussions here.

Also, a special thanks to Scotchtx and McGibblets for all their photographic efforts. Their pictures have really brought the details of the new Kyle field to life for construction voyeurs like myself.

Good bull.
cr0wbar
AG
asl

Edit: R. Cousins- do I know you?

[This message has been edited by cr0wbar (edited 6/19/2014 4:39p).]
Reginald Cousins
S
Highly doubtful...
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
quote:

Good bull.
bkag9824
AG
Made it out this afternoon. Stupid battery died before I could make it SW and W.

Here we go...

Mr.KyleReed
AG
Amazing pics! I can't wait for all the brick to go up, give it a more uniform look.
PharmD4
biggolfboy
AG
Good Bull
ProudAg16
AG
McGibbs or anyone else going to make it out for pictures today??
McGibblets
AG
Yep. I'll be headed over around noon
ProudAg16
AG
quote:
GoneGirl
AG
How have I not seen this until today?!?

Awesome for those of us exiled outside of Aggieland!
McGibblets
AG
I don't know if I'll make it over there today because of weather. Storms just rolled in, and it's supposed to be ****ty weather all day
NC2001
AG
Maybe I missed the announcement, but are those escalators?
Rocky Rider
AG
Yep - escalators on the south and west sides for certain. Not sure about east.
A is A
AG
I was under the impression that escalators were going to be in the two north activation towers - and the lolpoors of the south zone have ramps.
Rocky Rider
AG
Select a 'seating option' and then see the 'seating details'

http://kylefield.com/seating

For example:

quote:

West Bench

The West Bench seats, located from the 15-yard lines to the back of the end zones combine the sideline view you desire with the comfort of shade provided by the canopy at the top of the west side of the stadium.

Seat Width: 18"

Seat Details
•Bench
•Shade Canopy
•Escalator
•Elevator
•Ramp

Fairfield_Ag
AG
The escalators will be in the NE and NW towers, while the South towers will be ramps only.
Aggie Infantry
AG
ESCALATORS!!!!

There will be blood...
Aggie Infantry
AG
DDP

[This message has been edited by Aggie Infantry (edited 6/25/2014 12:07p).]
AMW2010
AG
quote:

Welcome back from ban camp!!

[gives baton back]
ftworthag02
AG
is there a elevator to the press box or does the media have to walk up all those stairs?
chipotle
That kid...IS BACK...ON THE ESCALATOR!!!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
is there a elevator to the press box or does the media have to walk up all those stairs?

There is an elevator, but it is hand crank operated.
MagnumLoad
Much more rain in May and June than we normally get. Rain delays are hurting. I hate to complain about rain after the last period of drought, but we need it to stop for a couple months, and we would still be ok re moisture. Also it would mean I could do something other than mow in my "spare" time.
95_Aggie
AG
get outta here

B/CS is still 5" behind for the season

[This message has been edited by AGnCS (edited 6/25/2014 2:52p).]
AgCat93
AG
quote:
There is an elevator, but it is hand crank operated.

A dumb waiter for certain members of the print media; TexAgs staph with credentials get the elevator.
ILuvAgLand
I had no idea this new end zone was going to be so big. The zone is bad enough and this blows it away. Also, it doesn't look very structurally sound. Ain't no way I'm sitting up there

Sorry to be negative but we should of started fresh
TxAgswin
AG
quote:
I had no idea this new end zone was going to be so big. The zone is bad enough and this blows it away. Also, it doesn't look very structurally sound. Ain't no way I'm sitting up there

You're an idiot and a *****.
rcb05
AG
quote:
I had no idea this new end zone was going to be so big.

So you ignored all renderings/construction photos until today and suddenly decided to speak your mind? Cool story bro.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
quote:

Sorry to be negative but we should of started fresh

Sorry to be so negative but you should HAVE started with better English!
TxAgswin
AG
quote:
Also, it doesn't look very structurally sound. Ain't no way I'm sitting up there

This CAN'T be a legitimate thought. You think they really built a structurally unsound stadium?? Really you ****ing moron? Really? How do people like you get by on a day to day basis?
First Page Last Page
Page 38 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.