Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,166,835 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Bonfire96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
^ ask the Allen residents about their HS stadium
vaaggie86
AG
I will be sitting up there since i have low points, so I will let you know...
The Dog Lord
AG
Technically, we did start fresh with the south zone...

What would make it structurally unsound compared to the older parts of the stadium?
ILuvAgLand
quote:
quote:
Also, it doesn't look very structurally sound. Ain't no way I'm sitting up there

This CAN'T be a legitimate thought. You think they really built a structurally unsound stadium?? Really you ****ing moron? Really? How do people like you get by on a day to day basis?

I just said it looks that way and it does look like something my kid would concoct with an erector set. Whether it is or isn't , I don't know. But just from eyeballing it it doesn't look very sound

[This message has been edited by Iluvagland (edited 6/26/2014 9:04a).]
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Also, it doesn't look very structurally sound. Ain't no way I'm sitting up there

This CAN'T be a legitimate thought. You think they really built a structurally unsound stadium?? Really you ****ing moron? Really? How do people like you get by on a day to day basis?

I just said it looks that way and it does look like something my kid would concoct with an erector set. Whether it is or isn't , I don't know. But just from eyeballing it it doesn't look very sound

Do you have a good understanding of what constitutes a structurally sound stadium?
McGibblets
AG
Wrigley field has chunks of concrete falling off and people aren't concerned sitting up there, but our fans are afraid of sitting on a brand new structure, built with considerably more knowledge?
BayAg14
Yeah I am sure they just eyeball that stuff and hope that it is gonna be okay. Not like they do that for a living or anything.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Unless your boy concocted it...then you probably have nothing to worry about sunshine...

LOL @ the s*** people worry about!!!

[This message has been edited by West Point Aggie (edited 6/26/2014 10:11a).]
scoop12
AG
Are they building temporary bleachers on the west side first deck? It appears that way from the video, but had not heard that previously.
jamesf
AG
My guess is they are building some sort of temporary retaining wall as the field is lower than before. Right now it probably slopes up to the existing level, but now that they have to start laying out the field, they need it to be level.
Kenneth_2003
AG
I'm wondering how much of that will be temporary and how much of it could be the permanent gradebeam for the new west side stands. If it is to be permanent, there will have to be another one not too far behind it with drilled pilings to bear the brunt of the weight. Even the 7 row expansion of the Zone has drilled pilings along it's gradebeam.
manlyaggie
AG
They are putting in an elevated (compared to the field level) walkway at the front of the west deck that will run to the south and then turn back west to exit. If you look on the virtual seat selection guide for the stadium, you can get a good picture of how Kyle will look this year.

[This message has been edited by manlyaggie (edited 6/26/2014 11:54a).]
jbeaman88
AG
This is over a week old now but here's a short video I shot last Wednesday from the Zone Club seats panning around the inside of Kyle.
http://youtu.be/MtgEAwmZBjs
AMW2010
AG
I wouldn't be surprised if they put the footings in for the west side 1st deck, get ahead of the game some

But if you go to the virtual 3d seating, you can see the built a wall there
Fitch
AG
So I had a little difficulty with my polarized filter...when I had it on the camera all my shots were getting blurred so unfortunately I had to shoot without it. As such, a lot of these are a little over exposed.

Fitch
AG
Couple of photos from different spots around the city to get a sense of how the skyline of campus has changed.

Fitch
AG
A few just random photos...

That's a RAM 3500 parked next to those video board crates. They're bigger than a commercial freezer.
Fitch
AG
And finally, the untamed natural beauty that is Spence Park...sitting next to a half-billion dollar development.

I'm biased because I tailgate there so, y'all will have to forgive me if I lobby for it to get improved on because I do think it could be a world class tailgate spot if the drainage culvert were buried, the terrain leveled a little, and some new trees planted.
Sex Panther
AG
Awesome stuff Fitch, and I'm right there with you regarding Spence Park. Pay the money and fix it. It looks hideous, and it could be so nice.

Also, the north side of the MSC is still hideous.
ProudAg16
AG
WOW! Thanks so much, Fitch! This is the greatest group of pictures yet!

What exactly are all of these pedestal looking things though? Please tell me they aren't all going to mount statues...
ProudAg16
AG
Aren't there plans to renovate Spence somewhere in the next year or so? I could be mistaken, but I thought that was in the renovation plan.
Fitch
AG
Those are benches. BIG benches.

For those who are OCD and freak out about the asymmetry of the stadium, the exterior plazas are perfectly ordered with military symmetry and organization.

One thing that's not easily discernible in the photos is the grade change from the tower back to the MSC. There's a couple feet of fall off as you get closer to the street.
bert harbinson
AG
So light fixtures in the benches?
ProudAg16
AG
I'm in the OCD group, Fitch. How do the 2nd and 3rd decks of the east side look in person from inside the stadium? From what I've seen, they look very noticeably off-center (which is bugging me).
Sex Panther
AG

What is this circular feature? Some kind of fountain?
ProudAg16
AG
^ I believe that's where the new E. King Gill statue is going.

Could be wrong.
chipotle
quote:
What is this circular feature? Some kind of fountain?

It's the new "Meet me at the statue" place where tens of thousands having the same idea will be before/after the game.
chipotle
I can hear the calls now:

"I'm at the statue! Why can't you see me? I'm right underneath the statue!"
Sex Panther
AG
Are they going to use the same statue or build a new one? Seems like it would need to be a little bigger for that. Although admittedly I haven't really paid attention to it in a while.
redd38
AG
It will be a new, much larger statue.
BayAg14
Sex Panther
AG
thanks
hunter2012
AG
E. King Baal statue,

It will be the one statue to rule them all, even the pole dancer outside the petroleum engineering building.
Fitch
AG
quote:
So light fixtures in the benches?

Looks that way. The large benches are 8'x8', the small are 8'x4'.

The new Gill statue:

quote:
I'm in the OCD group, Fitch. How do the 2nd and 3rd decks of the east side look in person from inside the stadium? From what I've seen, they look very noticeably off-center (which is bugging me).

It's noticeably quirky, but still absolutely intimidating. I look at it this way:
To me it says "you see this old, grimy, worn part of the stadium surrounded by the brand new - that's our student side, not section, side. It's spartan because we're not here for luxury, we're here to beat the sheit out of you. The stadium was built around that, because it's the home of the original 12th man."

ProudAg16
AG
quote:
To me it says "you see this old, grimy, worn part of the stadium surrounded by the brand new - that's our student side, not section, side. It's spartan because we're not here for luxury, we're here to beat the sheit out of you. The stadium was built around that, because it's the home of the original 12th man."

I like that way of thinking of it. Thanks, Fitch!
First Page Last Page
Page 39 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.