Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

An enormous realignment bomb went off today and most have yet to hear the boom.

12,394 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by Buck Turgidson
Born
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FWIW..

Mizzou may have crapped in their bed.

SEC is NOT happy that Mizzou cannot keep a lid on their end of things. Unlike TAMU, there are way too many competing agenda's at Mizzou. TAMU was unified in their approach and dealings, including not have leaks daily from inside the administration.

The question being asked now in SEC circles is this.. if Mizzou has issues like this now, will they continue to have such conflicts of interest once they are a full SEC member?

Will there be unnamed Mizziu officials leaking info about confidential SEC agreements?

Right now, it appears that Mizzou is too divided to go much further in the membership process. Unlike TAMU, they are NOT doing the due diligence of the prcess correctly.

Lastly, for whomever posted about FSU.. there is indeed some ongoing talks about that.

As always, my info comes 3rd and 4th hand from contacts I made long ago.

Clavell
AG
I guess when you get to 6th hand we can understand it comes from Kevin Bacon himself?
Fins Up!
AG
I think FSU, VT, or Clemson would all be much better choices than MU for #14. If there is any hope for one of them, we should wait.
lb3
AG
dabo man
AG
quote:
Right now, it appears that Mizzou is too divided to go much further in the membership process.

The leaked information showed that Mizzou is focused on the SEC and nothing else. I suspect that it was leaked to present that message to their boosters and to the SEC.
yeshellyes
AG
After the b?? openly invited TCU I'm not sure there's much need for secrecy anymore. The litigation waiver episode was bull*****& makes the SEC look stupid IMO. They were afraid of gaylor!
Kentucky Mustangs
yeshellyes,

I really do not think the SEC was ever afraid of Baylor, it is just the south, and how they do business.

Folks forget the whole mess was started with the B1G and PAC poaching the B12 for their own gain. It is not weakness on the SEC's part, but just not the way they operate. Slive has said since back in 2007 when the B1G first fired the shot that they do not wish to poach any conference, and wish to remain the option for folks who come to them. I know this gets lost in many media and bloggers writing, but it is the case.

The SEC and A&M have been dance partners going back to the collapse of the SWC, and before that to 100 years ago when they were all in the same conference. The problem with other schools like Missouri is they do not have this shared history, and them making a push at the last second puts the SEC outside of its normal method of doing things. Folks say people in the south are slow, but they totally miss why. They are slow, not from low IQ, but from deliberate action. They do not expect teams to leave so they are more sure of who really wants to be there in the first place.
yeshellyes
AG
Kentucky: I'm not talking about "being slow", I'm talking about an unprecedented inconsistency. Schools changing conferences has become as common as changing coaches. Neb & Col switched to the B10 & Pac12 w/o any waiver requirements. Pitt & Syracuse just switched to the ACC w/o waiver requirements. Did the SEC require waivers from Ark or SCar? Maybe the SEC wasn't afraid of baylor per se but they were concerned about litigation and now they've proceeded w/o these sacred waivers. This is what makes them look stupid IMO.
NormanAg
AG
quote:
I really do not think the SEC was ever afraid of Baylor,...

I think KM is correct. Excellent post.
NormanAg
AG
yesshelly, think whatever you want about the SEC but the REAL folks who are looking stupid here are the Big 12, Baylor, Beebe, Star, and Boren.

Boren most of all because of is PAC 12 fiasco and then his "handcuffs" press conference.

And add Deloss to that list for his idiotic ideas about ND, Arky, BYU, etc joining the Big 12. Hell, even AF has turned them down.

There's plenty of stupid to go around here - but I don't think the SEC is on the list.
yeshellyes
AG
Norman: I agree with all you say above but I still think the SEC was absurdly paranoid with their unprecedented waiver requirement for us & only us.
Buck Turgidson
"it will be because someone like VT takes their slot just like Nebraska did last year."

I'm fine with MU in the SEC, but VT has to be the ideal choice from the remaining candidates. I'd rather have VT as #14, then MU and somebody from the east as #15 & 16.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.