Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

An enormous realignment bomb went off today and most have yet to hear the boom.

12,400 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by Buck Turgidson
Lurker Above
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A 45 page document was "leaked" today detailing the advantages of Missouri heading to the SEC. In this document there was a projection of how much each SEC would receive if the SEC renegotiated their contract with just TAMU and Mizzou added. The number? $29 MILLION PER TEAM.

That my friends is a really big bomb. Can their be any doubt VT, NC, NCS, FSU, and OU heard it? Big changes are coming.

GregZeppelin
AG
That's about the number I was expecting actually.

Adding DFW, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, St. Louis and Kansas City to the conference footprint = big money contracts.

but also... Link?

[This message has been edited by GregZeppelin (edited 10/10/2011 10:32p).]
goodag09
AG
Saw that. Not sure if fo realz
dabo man
AG
I took the leak to mean that someone on the inside at Mizzou is getting impatient. The document puts tremendous pressure on them to join the SEC. I had assumed that they were trying to get the necessary nine votes. After all, there was rumored to be a straw poll vote on them set for today.
agwin12
AG
All about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. See ya later, Big 12.
Lurker Above
I know, should have read "45-page" and "Can THERE be any doubt"

Grammar police, nothing to see here.

Nonregdrummer09
AG
That's 29-30 million per team for Tier 1 and 2 rights. If an SEC network was added that could easily be another 7-10 million per school.
ckwarren33
Does this mean the next Big 12 contract gets adjusted down by a similar figure, or about $7MM/team/year? If so, LOLZ.
chosin
AG

I'm still struggling to see how adding Mizzou adds more to the pie than they'd take away. The can't deliver the KC/STL markets like some seem to think, what fans they have travel very poorly and are pretty fickle, and culturally, they simply don't belong. Their football team is on its way down, and the rest of the athletics are very average. I'm not opposed to them joining for the sake of adding symmetry, and a football opponent we can actually beat - but there are many other teams to get before Mizzou. There's a reason the B1G laughed in their faces - and that was a much better fit. I wouldn't be surprised to find that Mizzou leaked this as propaganda to sway the SEC voters.

[This message has been edited by chosin (edited 10/10/2011 10:44p).]
SanAntonioAg09
FWIW, one of my professors is a Mizzou alum and he's been pretty plugged in to all of this conference realignment stuff (he's a contracts professor so he got interested due to all the Baylor BS).

From my talks with him, and he is pretty objective about this kind of stuff, he seems to think it may happen.

Honestly, I don't think it's the best move the SEC could make, but if it does happen it isn't terrible. It is a school in a state where there is no other presence, they have a decent football team (sometimes), and a good basketball program (results pending on coaching change). I don't keep up with all of it, but if the schools that have reportedly not opted to join, Mizzou wouldn't be the end of the world. Anybody who wants to abort the Bevo conference is OK in my book, assuming they aren't from Texas or Mobilehoma.
TennAg
The question is whether Missou can deliver a state-wide surcharge from tv subscribers for any SEC network.
NCrawler
The Missouri Governor called our Governor Beebe the other day while he was golfing. From what I heard he was basically begging him to try and get UA to vote yes...

"Well Govan, if we are to die, let us die like men." - Gen. Patrick Cleburne
hockeyag
AG
http://www.13abc.com/story/15658883/apnewsbreak-document-outlines-mizzou-sec-options
UA01Duke05
San Antonio Ag,

1L Contracts = some of the worst memories of my life. My professor made the simplest element of a K nearly impossible to understand. She literally spent 6 weeks on consideration, including a week long detour into whether or not there is such a thing as nominal consideration.

I was so confused by Thanksgiving. Then I read a Gilberts and pulled an A.
SanAntonioAg09

[This message has been edited by SanAntonioAg09 (edited 10/11/2011 4:05p).]
STAGGIE
Missouri is a gossipy bi__h aint she!!!!

Everything gets leaked in that state..
BillYeoman
Adding UH vs Mixzou would add more to the SEC. Plus, would solidify the Houston area as an SEC town.
Bob.Loblaw
quote:
I'm still struggling to see how adding Mizzou adds more to the pie than they'd take away. The can't deliver the KC/STL markets like some seem to think, what fans they have travel very poorly and are pretty fickle, and culturally, they simply don't belong. Their football team is on its way down, and the rest of the athletics are very average. I'm not opposed to them joining for the sake of adding symmetry, and a football opponent we can actually beat - but there are many other teams to get before Mizzou. There's a reason the B1G laughed in their faces - and that was a much better fit. I wouldn't be surprised to find that Mizzou leaked this as propaganda to sway the SEC voters.

This ^^

Also, f#ck Mizzou. I've said it many times, the SEC fans do NOT want you.

flakrat
AG
^^^^x2rows

[This message has been edited by flakrat (edited 10/10/2011 11:06p).]
cc10106
Get that new stadium built already, Coogs!
p_bubel
Bob Loblaw, I love your law blog.
boxerdemon
Are you at St Mary's sanantonioag? Friend of mine is looking there.
SanAntonioAg09
Yes I am boxer
Pet Sounds
AG
45 pages of giant heavily pixelated $$$ and "hoping on Big 10 still..."
SanAntonioAg09

[This message has been edited by SanAntonioAg09 (edited 10/11/2011 4:05p).]
TigerMic
Maybe a planned leak to perk the ears of possible numbers 15 and 16. I don't think if the SEC had those projections that they would dare offer them up to ACC schools on their own for fear of interference.

Lurker Above
Could be TigerMic, could be...
UA01Duke05
San Antonio Ag,

Good call taking Sales. The UCC is a pain in the ass, but you will need to know Article 2 for the multi state bar exam. Basically just remember that when you're dealing with the sale of goods you need to forget everything you learned in contracts, but only if the transaction is between merchants, unless it doesn't matter. Lol. Remembering which UCC rule applies when is the worst part of the MBE. Does it matter if the sale is over $500? Does the SOF apply? Jesus I hate that stuff.

Edit *** I didn't know there was an academic board, but I sure do wish I could sleep.

[This message has been edited by UA01Duke05 (edited 10/11/2011 4:04a).]
Bewareofgigem
^ Yall need to take that jibber jabber to the academics board.
Volmeister
I don't want Missouri. Not that anybody cares, but just thought I would throw it in.
yeshellyes
AG
quote:
Adding UH vs Mixzou would add more to the SEC. Plus, would solidify the Houston area as an SEC town.
Completely delusional. cooghigh adds zero in Houston that A&M doesn't already bring. How many decades of empty stadiums when A&M isn't playing there or more A&M fans than coog fans when we are does it take to prove this?
yeshellyes
AG
quote:
There's a reason the B1G laughed in their faces - and that was a much better fit.
Not sure this is what happened. The B10 simply chose a "name" program which is understandable. As far as "better fit", Texas is more Western than Southern. I lived in Charlotte, NC 3 years and I know this to be true. Not saying it's good or bad, just the way it is.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
quote:
Adding UH vs Mixzou would add more to the SEC. Plus, would solidify the Houston area as an SEC town

Thanks Andre Ware for the humorous comment this morning to get my day started right.

BMX Bandit
The big 10 already had the St Louis market
Bilbo Aggins
UH needs to go to the big12 and prove it can draw major interest there.

I wonder if these leaks from the mizzou side are part of a battle between the various factions of their leadership.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.