Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Low Testosterone

48,528 Views | 179 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Farmer_J
2girlsdad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sorry for the delayed response, but yes I think I am having a side effect. While my test is still >1000 and estradiol's are in a good range, my libido has dropped off. Reading about clomid, it appears long term use (I've been on for >1 year) can cause that.
KidDoc
AG
Dirty-8-thirty Ag said:

If I was born with Pulmonary Stenosis and had an angioplasty done when I was 7 years old, is TRT still a safe option for me? I have never had any complications from it other than the medical procedure, was never held out of contact sports and have always had good check up when visiting the cardiologist. Had my bloodwork done a while back and my test was really low. Have done my best to correct everything I could since then "lifestyle" wise, but I still just feel constantly tired with a brain fog I can't seem to shake, as well as low libido.

Began working out regularly for the first time since HS and have dropped a lot of weight by eating better and regular exercise, I am down from 256# (I know, pathetic) to 210#. Still don't feel normal after making these changes over the last year. I need to get my bloodwork done again to see if the weight loss and lifting has upped my test any, but I still don't feel like it energy/sex drive wise. One of my good friends started TRT a year and a half ago and swears it has changed his life 1000% for the better.

Work as operator in the production side of O&G with a 9 day on 5 day off schedule. Up at 4 am to leave by 5 and home at 6:15 every day. Have two young kids that I feel like I have no energy to play with when I get home at the end of the day and it pisses me off.

I am 6'1.5" with 18% BF according to the InBody 270 scale at our work gym. Do I need to lose more weight before considering TRT so my body doesn't convert the exogenous test to estrogen/estradiol? I have read that if your body fat was too high that your test would be converted. Admittedly, I have only done some research, but it is overwhelming taking it all in and trying to wade through the BS that is Reddit. Looking for opinions from a community I trust a little more on whether I would be a good candidate for TRT or if I should avoid it since I have a heart condition.
As long as you don't have right ventricular enlargement or excessive residual pulmonary stenosis you should be fine.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
Thanks KD. Appreciate the input.
bigtruckguy3500
2girlsdad said:

Sorry for the delayed response, but yes I think I am having a side effect. While my test is still >1000 and estradiol's are in a good range, my libido has dropped off. Reading about clomid, it appears long term use (I've been on for >1 year) can cause that.
What's your dosing regimen? Outside my wheelhouse, but have you talked to your doc about cycling the clomid? perhaps 3 months on, one off? Test > 1000 is pretty dang high. How has the ratio of testosterone to estrogen changed?
Farmer_J
2girlsdad said:

In all seriousness, i'm debating if this is a bad thing. How are energy levels? one of the attractive things about getting on T therapy is tackling big projects around the ranch.

I wonder how cycling would do? couple months on couple months off.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.